Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

working4change

Who Won the First GOP Presidential Debate?

Who Won the First GOP Presidential Debate?

Written on May 6, 2011 by Ann-Marie Murrell

Tonight, South Carolina hosted the first of the Republican Presidential debates. To be perfectly honest, this type of early debate makes me feel a little queasy; a bit helpless. Who ARE these people threatening to run? Is it going to end up like last time, when suddenly everyone had scattered and we were left with John McCain?

2012 is going to be the most important presidential election maybe in the history of America. We have to find a very strong person who has the ability to unify a somewhat split party. I’m not sure if ‘he’ was there tonight, but it was definitely an interesting beginning.

Just like the CPAC convention, the debate audience seemed to be filled with lots of uber-Libertarian Ron Paul supporters. Throughout the evening, no matter what Paul said or how he said it (and he said some pretty whacky things), his people would whoop and holler as if he were a rock star.

I not only watched the entire thing, I also transcribed it. Every 6,000-something words of it. (Not the most fun Thursday night I’ve ever had, for sure.) I wanted to be able to read and re-read everything they’d said—away from the commentators and the Ron Paul ‘woo-hooers’—in order to at least try to determine which of the first 5 in the ring (if any) were for me.

If I could sum up the debate in one word, it would be, “Eh.â€

The question is...did ANYONE even watch the debates? I didn't. Frankly, I don't believe them anymore.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Those that eat at the subsidized buffet wish to put the genie back into the bottle.

Looks and smells like the same old slick, tailored, deceptive media tactics.

One of the comments at the post site stated that Herman Cain could help to split the black vote from Wonder Boy. Several thumbs up for the post.

Seems to me that is just another way of playing the race card. Why should anyone put much into that tactic? Are we trying to find someone that will make a difference , or trying to play divisionary tactical politics?

I found nothing patriotic about that comment.

Seems as though Benedict Arnold has infiltrated the patriot movement.

Not impressed.

TexasBorn wrote,
    The question is...did ANYONE even watch the debates? I didn't. Frankly, I don't believe them anymore.
    No. Well, I don't watch TV. But if there are some youtube videos I will watch them.

Been trying to get as much from the boards, articles, and radio. Mixed reviews so far.

It will be interesting to see more and hear more as this continues. One man was busy trying to wake up Americans concerning the Federal Reserve for a while now, and another used to be the Chairman of the Kansas City Fed.

It will take some 'splanin' to defend the Fed and the state of the economy and the role of big government and their symbiotic relationship.

Where was Cain prior to the meltdown? ( that question will probably never be asked)

working4change
    Republican Presidential Debate pt.1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t0kARR4WWM

First GOP Presidential Debate Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CO5FL0bkyA

First GOP Presidential Debate Part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njZL05nf_IA

First GOP Presidential Debate Pa 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIlH9dxbvM8

Thank You working4change. ............Damn, your fast!

working4change
    Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    Thank You working4change. ............Damn, your fast!
    You're welcome Roundabout

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    Those that eat at the subsidized buffet wish to put the genie back into the bottle.

Looks and smells like the same old slick, tailored, deceptive media tactics.

One of the comments at the post site stated that Herman Cain could help to split the black vote from Wonder Boy. Several thumbs up for the post.

Seems to me that is just another way of playing the race card. Why should anyone put much into that tactic? Are we trying to find someone that will make a difference , or trying to play divisionary tactical politics?

I found nothing patriotic about that comment.

Seems as though Benedict Arnold has infiltrated the patriot movement.

Not impressed.
    I was thinking the same thing roundabout . I will vote for who will be the best President NOT who can win minority or majority votes.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Totally related: And the winner is....

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-237088.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn