Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Why Can't North Carolina Enact Laws Similar To Georgia?

I wrote the governor's office and my state congressional representatives urging them to cut off all benefits to illegals here in NC and to do whatever is necessary to stop the influx of even more. I haven't heard anything from the representatives and the governor's reply was less than helpful. He thinks that it is a federal issue and there is NOTHING he can do about it! I disagree! If Georgia and other states can enact illegal immigration laws, so can North Carolina! I urge you to write you state representatives and the governor and demand they stop giving free handouts to illegals! Stop pandering to these law breakers! Cease printing everything in Spanish! Remove children of illegals from out school systems. Deny driver's licenses to illegals. Cut off the benefits and they will find another state to tear down instead of our state. So many of our jobs have been outsourced and to have what jobs are left here filled by illegals is an outrage!

Make you opinions known in Raleigh! Let's stop the invasion!!!!

NCRaised

kev

thats

Thats the same reply my elected rep. here in Texas told me, I told her if Georgia could do it, so can we. She shut up after that statement.

Are we in control

I live in Georgia and I was at the very least elated when Governor Perdue signed the legislation, as we have one of the fastest growing illegal alien populations in the US. The legislation, however, doesn't take effect until July 2007. My concern is the enforcement aspect. I am willing to bet the underground presses are already spinning up to produce a flood of fraudulent documents. Will business and welfare offices actually comply with the enforcement of the provisions contained within the legislation and will the state be willing to allocate the necessary resouces to ensure compliance? Time will tell as the old adage illustrates.

Re: Are we in control

Quote Originally Posted by mrmiata7
    I live in Georgia and I was at the very least elated when Governor Perdue signed the legislation, as we have one of the fastest growing illegal alien populations in the US. The legislation, however, doesn't take effect until July 2007. My concern is the enforcement aspect. I am willing to bet the underground presses are already spinning up to produce a flood of fraudulent documents. Will business and welfare offices actually comply with the enforcement of the provisions contained within the legislation and will the state be willing to allocate the necessary resouces to ensure compliance? Time will tell as the old adage illustrates.
    At least your governor had the good sense to sign the legislation. (MOD EDIT) What a totally stupid thing to do! I'm proud of the folks in Georgia! You guys are on the right track!

NCRaised

I just wrote my governor this week on this, so we'll see what the response is if I get one. Maybe Georgia will rub off onto Alabama.
    "Remember the Alamo!"

Why Can't North Carolina Enact Laws Similar To Georgia?
    The simple answer? The Governor and the state legislature are Democrat controlled.

There's an old saying that people get the government they deserve. Not only did North Carolinians elect Governor Easley, they re-elected him. Same goes for the corrupt Speaker Of The House, Jim Black.

Georgia, on the other hand, has a Republican Governor and Legislature. I'm not saying that Republicans are without their own short comings, I have left the party, due to their total lack of leadership on many issues, but mostly illegal immigration.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Window dressing

Georgia's Perdue appears to be taking a stand. These laws don't go into play for a year. Why? Georgia has known about all of these illegals and has done nothing about them, except open the doors. More illegals are moving here by the day. This is a smoke screen.

Perdue knows how they are draining our resources. This has been going on for 10 years. Perdue knows about the crazy crime increases. Atlanta news stations play down the murder and assault rates by fudging county numbers, etc. Crime here is crazy.

The government here could put pressure on the Poultry industry - they have not. The total illegal population driving has skyrocketed insurance costs in metro Atlanta. ARe the insurance companies checking on these illegals - no. They write a policy and 10 illegals drive off of it. I know I was hit by one.

The illegals do not hide here - they are on every street corner and in every Quicktrip parking lot waiting for work. Dozens of companies hire them daily.

Don't be fooled by window dressing. the police will do nothing
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!