Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Why is IRS Not weighing in?

We all know that those who are here illegally have broken our laws by mere fact of their presense in our country, but most of those groups that support illegal aliens and their causes like to portray them as being honest hard working citizens in every other way...nothing could be farther from the truth for each and every one of them.

Tax EVASION is a very serious charge in this country, punishable in many instances with a felony record, and some amount of prison time. Most of these undocumented workers (politically correct term for illegal aliens) work under the table, or are a part of that underground economy we hear so much about.

Let's for purposes of simplification look at only one million illegal aliens in this country working illegally, and do some BASIC math. The average illegal alien in my area who is getting work through a day labor site is getting daily pay of 100 dollars...this is actually a low number, as many construction companies retain those with higher skill sets and pay them a higher daily rate, but still lower than their legal American counter part would make. On a five day work week, that's five hundred dollars a week, and for simplification, I gave each of these one million illegal workers two weeks vacation a year, thus using 50 weeks at 500 dollars a week for each one of them.

A million illegal aliens working under the table comes out to $25 BILLION dollars a year in non reported income. Using a thirty percent tax rate to account for all local, state and federal tax bites, that is $7.5 BILLION in UNPAID TAXES each and every year for just one million of these illegal aliens who are working under the radar.

How much more competitive could each of us be if we had a free ride on taxes to the tune of 7.5 BILLION Dollars each and every year? I bring this up for a reason...the fastest growing small businesses are those in the Mexican population of our country. Well, it becomes much easier to start your own business when the Federal government is giving you a 30 percent profit advantage compared to your competition because you are not paying taxes, and they are. Where is the IRS doing records checks for every one of these new Mexican businesses, where is the IRS in working hand in hand with INS and Homeland Security to crack down in a tantum effort to catch and deport illegal aliens, and bring tax evaders to justice in our criminal courts.

It's simple...if a Mexican starts his own business and is not paying taxes...even for say the first two-five years while the business is built and established, and is using illegal aliens being paid lower wages, American small business owners simply cannot compete with them, and will be forced into bankruptcy, or at the very least forced out of business. Cheap wages combined with no taxes is a recipe no legal law abiding citizen of America can compete with, and it is simple as that.

So, on top of breaking our immigration laws, these illegal aliens have broken our tax codes as well, and I am wondering if this is a wedge issue we need to use more forcefully in making our arguments to our elected officials and the press?

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Very good point... another issue to think about is the money collected from the U/D's that don't work under the table but have given a phony SSN.
    The employer takes out the taxes and sends that money into the IRS, where because if the phony SSN it just sits in an big account collection dust and interest.

Well Lone,

That money, or virtual money as it should be described, is not collecting anything. As long as it is in an account of any type, it can be used or counted as an assett. Congress always delays any effort to address it for that and the obvious other reason. If they couldn't either use it or count it, they would have passed legislation to do one or the other several years ago. Think about it; A huge pile of money sitting there waiting for some enterprising representative to toss it in the feed bin?
    Naw.....whether it's forbidden fruit or already claimed by more powerful interests, you can be assured it is still in play somehow. there's just too much in there. Like any other trust fund, it doesn't need to be locked away in a vault to be in trust.
    As far as why the IRS isn't attacking right now:
    They will wait until the illegals are settled in and have too much to lose to take their ball and bat back to mexico. Just as most of us are stuck in the trap of payments and hopeful income, so will the "immigrants" be. They have been allowed to by homes, work here, send their kids to schools and in many cases given a belief they will be able to participate in the political future of America. I submit to you that once they have been firmly anchored to this country the treasury department will then seek from them what they have been getting from us for about the last 50 years. The congress will enable the IRS as a re-invigorated version that resembles what it was in the 70's and 80's. Heartless agents will fan out across the US with 10,000 dollar tax fines and penalties for all.
    It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

Lone Wolf:

The Social Security argument is not one we should use...if they have paid into the system, even under a false ID, they are actually entitled to get some benefits when they retire...what IS a good argument though, is the identification theft involved, and the use of false identification. When these people want to say they are hard working law abiding citizens in every fashion but having come here illegally, it is anything but the truth, and I think we need to BROADEN the scope of our arguments in making our case for deportation instead of Amnesty.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Several months ago, I had occasion to speak with someone who claims to have retired from the IRS. That person told me that they often found what appeared to be bogus social security numbers for one reason or another. The tax returns are held up as a result and some are never paid out. That means to me that some American is getting the shaft if some illegal just up and decides to use his/her social security number because the IRS doesn't appear to take any steps to determine which person the number actually belongs to.

I have all my documents from my entire lifetime-- old school papers, report cards, diplomas, marriage certificates and even old drivers licenses and ID cards to prove that I have been who I am now all my life in the event that one of these losers jumps up and steals my ID. I suggest that everyone do likewise because you just never know.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)