Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Why Obama’s half-brother says he’ll be voting for Donald Trump

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Why Obama’s half-brother says he’ll be voting for Donald Trump

By Isabel Vincent
    July 24, 2016 | 5:26am

President Obama's brother, Malik Obama, says he plans to vote for Donald Trump in November. Photo: Peter Duke (left); Getty Images (right)

President Obama’s Kenyan half-brother wants to make America great again — so he’s voting for Donald Trump.

“I like Donald Trump because he speaks from the heart,” Malik Obama told The Post from his home in the rural village of Kogelo. “Make America Great Again is a great slogan. I would like to meet him.”

Obama, 58, a longtime Democrat, said his “deep disappointment” in his brother Barack’s administration has led him to recently switch allegiance to “the party of Lincoln.”

Barack Obama is seen with his half-brother, Malik.Photo: AP

The last straw, he said, came earlier this month when FBI Director James Comey recommended not prosecuting Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton over her use of a private e-mail servers while secretary of state.

“She should have known better as the custodian of classified information,” said Obama.

He’s also annoyed that Clinton and President Obama killed Libyan leader Moammar Khadafy, whom he called one of his best friends.

Malik Obama dedicated his 2012 biography of his late father to Khadafy and others who were “making this world a better place.”

“I still feel that getting rid of Khadafy didn’t make things any better in Libya,” he said. “My brother and the secretary of state disappointed me in that regard.”

But what bothers him even more is the Democratic Party’s support of same-sex marriage.

“I feel like a Republican now because they don’t stand for same-sex marriage, and that appeals to me,” he said.

Obama believes strongly in the institution of marriage — so strongly that he has at least three current wives, although press reports have put the number as high as 12.

When asked by The Post how many wives and children he has, Obama demurred.

“That’s personal,” he said.

Obama made headlines in 2011 when he married his third wife, who was still in her teens.

Obama plans to trek back to the US to vote for Trump in November. Obama used to live in Maryland, where he worked for many years as an accountant and is registered to vote there, public records show.

The president’s and Malik’s father, Barack Obama Sr., left Kenya in 1959 when Malik was a year old and his mother was pregnant with his sister Auma. Obama Sr. enrolled at the University of Hawaii, where he met and married the president’s mother, Stanley Ann Dunham. Malik Obama didn’t meet his younger half-brother until 1985. President Obama, 54, has seven half-siblings from both sides of his family.

Malik Obama, the eldest, is the director of the Barack H. Obama Foundation, a controversial Virginia charity named for his father. He says he started the charity in 2008 because he wanted to make a difference in the family’s hardscrabble village in Kenya.

But the charity came under fire when The Post revealed in 2011 that it was an off-the-books operation that hadn’t registered with the state of Virginia or, as it claimed, had tax-exempt status from the IRS.

Shortly after The Post report, the IRS gave its stamp of approval, leading to speculation that the president had intervened.

Malik Obama seen announcing his intention to run for a Kenyan gubernatorial seat.Photo: Getty Images

But Malik Obama bristles at the suggestion, saying he dug deep to pay for the electrical transformers and college scholarships that the foundation provided in Kogelo. According to its latest tax filing, the nonprofit has just $24,000 in its coffers.

“My brother didn’t help me at all,” said Obama. “He wanted me to shut it down when I set it up. He hasn’t supported me at all.”

Lately, family ties seem to be frayed. Obama, who was best man at the president’s wedding, said he spoke to his brother a year ago and was miffed that he did nothing to help his own foray into politics when he ran for governor of the southwestern Kenyan county of Siaya in 2013.

Malik Obama lost the race, and spent $20,000 of his own money on the unsuccessful campaign.

“I don’t think politics is my thing,” he told The Post. “Honestly, I’ll be happy when my brother is out of office, and I will finally be out of the limelight and be able to live like a human being.”

Until then, Obama wears his new GOP colors proudly; He even has a “Make America Great Again” hat.

“Mr. Trump is providing something new and something fresh,” he said.

http://nypost.com/2016/07/24/why-oba...-donald-trump/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is so cool!! Love it! Thank you Malik Obama!! Thank you very very much.
    Last edited by Judy; 07-24-2016 at 05:22 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

He also has said he doubts Obama is his brother and was willing to do a DNA test. Who knows who Obama's father is! Unseal his records!!

How much does he (Malik) despise his brother (BO)? He sounds like the smarter brother.

Better-lookin' brother too!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Many people are still angery with the Obama Administration. I think O knows that, but like anyone, the response to any given situation depends on the overall outcome.
    Muammar Gaddafi represented more to people from Africa than Western ideals. I believe that once Gaddafi started talking about a unified Africa, even if he wanted to install himself as the first president, he sealed his own contract killing.
    Imagine, a bloc of 1.5 billion people, or consumers, with an abundance of natural resources sitting at the world's table. A very powerful position...
    Add in the "Afro" with the backing of a strong commodity and Africa would become like 1930s Saudi Arabia; more money than it knows what to do with.

Gaddafi represented a single point of failure for crushing any unapproved, by the West, African Union. Patrice Lumumba, Stephen Biko and all the way back to Moeshoeshoe I and Cetshwayo is unadulterated proof that Africa cannot be allowed to form a bloc like the European Union.
    Last edited by Aldebaran; 07-25-2016 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Better-lookin' brother too!

First time in a long time that I literally laughed out loud!