Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Why should I vote in the California Primary?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Why should I vote in the California Primary?

I listened to everyone's outrage over a Contested Convention, while I was cheering for a Contested Convention. Every election I can remember is already decided by the time it gets to California. I had hoped that a Republican candidate could see the good and bad in our state. To hear not from our illegal protesters, but from the legal Californians. I mean how can anyone help us if they don't travel the whole state and talk to the Conservatives and Republicans. The people that do not have a voice in California. Now that Trump has been selected we will get no attention. Sure they will probably have rally's in Los Angeles and San Francisco during the general election as usual, but what about the rest of California?

I got my sample ballot yesterday, and after reading it I question why do we even have a Primary in California. Why should I even bother to vote? We are a minority in this state and truthfully it is rigged that we always will be. I mean a "Top 2" Primary, really. There are 35 people running for Senator Boxer's seat in the senate. The top two with the highest votes in the primary, are in the general election, no matter what party they belong too. Right now the polls show that in the general election we will have a choice between two democrats. Was it always this way - No. Prop 14 or the Top 2 Law was passed in 2010 by majority vote (Democrats).

So the Republican candidate for President has already been decided by the rest of the country and our Federal Senator and Congressman will be decided by the Democrats of this state. So can anyone tell me why I should even bother to vote?

Sherry

That's a good question, MontereySherry, and I don't know the answer. I thought even if Cruz and Kasich withdrew, Trump would still need to run in the states to get the votes to get the delegates. I think that is still the case, so I believe he will be in California for the primary election and rally and canvass much of the state. I think yesterday he didn't realize that when he told West Virginia voters they could stay home and save their vote for the General Election. He tweeted later that they still needed to vote on Tuesday. Today in Nebraska he told the voters there they had to vote, he wants to run up as many millions of votes and delegates as possible, and rightly so, in order to give him the mandate and break the record. I think he'll need primary votes in California to win the nomination on the first ballot. At least today he was saying to vote in the primaries and he is still scheduling trips. His website shows him in Nebraska this afternoon and he was there according to the news, in Oregon tonight and has two rallies in Washington State tomorrow.

So Trump is still working the primary election and I know he couldn't wait to get to California and campaign there, he mentioned it several times in several interviews and rallies. To me, the harder he works the primaries, even though everyone else has dropped out, the stronger a candidate he'll be at the Convention, the more strength he'll have on platform issues like immigration and trade issues at the Convention, and the more powerful his policies will be when he goes into the General Election and hopefully the White House, especially with Republicans, particularly the Establishment Republicans who are proving to be as much of an obstacle to our solving these problems as the Democrats.

Also, there will be a lot of Independents and Democrats show up to hear Trump at the rallies in California. I hope he has a lot of them.

California matters, it's our largest state. It matters every day, it matters now before the Primary, before the Convention and every day between now and the General Election.

I think Trump can win California in November, but he's got to work it and work it hard. There are still more Americans than illegal aliens in California. And I believe most Californians are fed up to the gills with illegal immigration and free trade treason like the rest of US.
    Last edited by Judy; 05-06-2016 at 09:26 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Politically California is no longer a contest between two parties. One party rules. Understand your frustration but I intend to vote, always vote for what it's worth.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Donald Trump postpones San Diego rally - 10News.com KGTV ...

www.10news.com/.../donald-trump-rallying-in-san-diego-this-wee...

KGTV

3 days ago - San Diego Police are preparing for the possibility of Donald Trump rallying in San Diego this Sunday, on Mother's Day. ...
    he doesn't need to come to San Diego after all.
    His visit to Bakersfield was canceled at the last minute...
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I had heard he cancelled a rally for Sunday in San Diego however he plans to reschedule for sometime during May. He will return to California before our primary. And let the protesters try their best, just encourages the Trump supporters and does nothing to persuade others to join their cause.

Yes, that's what the article said in the text. He will reschedule. There may have been security issues with Pelosi's little visit and plot down there with Vincente Fox.

Never sit out an election. Always vote, even if it means voting for nobody. Always express yourself any way you can with that ballot. Anything else reads like apathy to the media and those entrenched in power.

The primaries have to go. We have to turn the nominations over back to the political parties and out of the hands of government and the Two Party System. But as long as we have the primaries we have to take a stand because we have the opportunity.

There are also always a lot of other issues and candidates to vote for in the primaries.
    Support ALIPAC'sFIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yes, and both today in Nebraska at the Omaha Rally as well as in Oregon at the Eugene Rally, Trump was saying the same thing. Get out and vote. He wants as many people to vote as possible, hopefully for him, but whoever, so we can break the record by a mile for the most votes ever cast in a Republican primary season.

Well said, pkskyali.

"There are 35 people running for Senator Boxer's seat in the senate"

When I voted in the Primary for MD there were several candidates on the ballot. Very confusing and too many competing. They really need to narrow that list down it dilutes the votes. Max should be the top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
    "There are 35 people running for Senator Boxer's seat in the senate...
    35 candidates listed for this office.

12 Republicans
    8 Democrats
    11 No party preference
    2 Libertarian
    1 Peace and freedom
    1 Green
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn