Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I'm going with Thomas. I have been thinking along the same lines. Bush is the lame duck and he'll be fine when out of a job. Maybe it's different for some in Washington? Remember Attaboy Brownie and a number of other people just dumped?

DHS has got to be under some big pressure from the few good Americans in Congress. The tide is turning. The American citizenry are watching and demanding something for their billions.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasMoore
    Individual rank and file agents do not plan and execute operations such as this one, my friend. Raids like this are ordained from on high.
    Hmm--I don't remember claiming individuals---rather, after enough BS (two decades worth), and much needed citizen support, in addition to political will, momentum gathers, and decision-makers at the top are then forced to implement a policy counter to their true objectives?

Start using some thought processes--- if you think everything is black and white, printed for public consumption, and set in stone for you to evaluate as "truth", it's time that you participated in some discourse of intelligence.
    Again, an operation of this magnitude doesn't go down against the wishes of the President. This has nothing to do with "black and white." If you think I am myopic then you clearly have not paid attention to my body of posts here, nor did you understand what I wrote above. I am not saying that there isn't more going on here than meets the eye. I'm saying that leaping to conclusions based on rank speculation accomplishes nothing. I'm looking for some facts to be strung together that make some sense, and I'm not seeing that. Furthermore, your hypothesis appears to be quite separate from that of the author of the initial post, though I can't say for sure because I still have no clarification of his intent.

Specifically addressing your hypothesis, not only do we have precious little evidence to support it, we have contrary evidence. Specifically, the raid was timed to coincide with a Presidential speech that promised tougher enforcement against identity theft, which is what has been the focus of these raids. Quite to the contrary of your suggestion, the President appears to have been behind the raids, not blindsided by them.

In light of that, do you wish to moderate or to clarify how your theory is supposed to work?

This is a fun back and forth conjecture. If nothing else it shows we are right about the money people being thick as thieves.

Just for fun I will take the literal stance. They found significant use of illegal id. Probably brought to ice attention from several (including alipac) vocal entities. They found a good case and after trying to make sure they did not step on too many toes at Swift, executed the Raids.

I dont think they saw the small opposition backlash comming. They did us a favor because now the crocadile tears are over and the religous and union entites are maked as traitors to the american worker.

I honestly don't believe their thinking is that subtle. Any large entity in this country has "cousins" in money somewhere.

Ice is to be applauded for trying and defended in spite of their imperfections in this raid.
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY

MW
    Obviously none of us know the "REAL" reason or purpose behind the raids. Actually, there could be multiple reasons, and one of those reasons could very will be to send a message that identity theft will not be tolerated. Unfortunately though, until I see clear evidence pointing in another direction - I believe the raids were designed and executed in order give the Bush administration more ammunition to push for his so called massive guest-worker program. Don't underestimate Bush's stubborness - he will stop at nothing in his quest to support his corporate American buddies and his idea of what America should be.

Secretary Chertoff's mention of a guest-worker program immediately following the raids and Bush's mention in his speech should tell anyone really listening that the raid is being used to push the Bush administrations agenda for a guest-worker program. This should be as obvious as the nose on our face!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Those raids were conducted for one purpose only, and its to push for the guest worker/path to citizenship.

You have to be blind to not see it...First of all, the raids shows the american people that if you indeed proceed with "mass deportation" they will be millions of kids getting left behind after their parents get caught up in a sweep and you are already seeing some sympathy for these kids by the american public.

This is a "no win situation"...If you do more raids, then amnesty is more likely because more kids will be paraded on the news and in the morning papers and the public will be more likely to accept amnesty.

Sensenbrenner felonized 12 millions people overnight and they awere a lot of people screaming and even the church and the pope got into it....The american public is the most generous group of people in the world and i dont think more raids like the swift raids, will help the movement, specially when you have kids involve.

The movement is cutting his own throat by calling for more raids...More raids=quick amnesty

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    I agree with Crocket's Ghost. I need better explanation please. Is it possibly due to the size of the company and the competition ratted them out?
    ICE has gone on record as saying the investigation started after a former SWIFT worker who was in ICE custody back in the first couple of months of 06 told them about everything that was going on

MovingForward,

America has a guestworker program. The individuals at the Swift plants, which are guest workers are still working today. It's the illegal aliens that are not.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    MovingForward wrote:

The movement is cutting his own throat by calling for more raids...More raids=quick amnesty
    I simply can't agree with this premise. While I'll admit your logic does have it's merits, I personally believe the good that will come from raids outweighs the bad. The Swift raids have done a lot to bring the issue to the surface where it needs to be. How can we expect to win without everyone (American citizens) knowing what we stand to lose? Continuing the raids and strengthing enforcement against individual employers will help to heal a nation that has lost faith in its federal government. I don't know about you MovingForward, but I need to believe the rule of law actually means something in this country! To believe otherwise, is to dump the mindset I've had drilled into me for over four decades. No one is above the law, that includes illegal immigrants, employers, and elected politicians! To ignore the rule of law is to invite chaos, and that is totally unacceptable.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I dont think the raids helped the movement in one bit....All im hearing is how those kids wont have their parent around for chrismas and what will happen to them....Also, there are dozens of huge fundraising for those kids and U.S citizens from all over the U.S are donating cash so that those kids could get toys etc etc.

The media is not helping you and if you think so, show me....Take a look at the nytimes recent immigration articles..they ran articles that would make you cry for those kids and their parents.

Again..you will only cut your own throat by calling for more raids because no US citizens wants to see a kid being parent-less with no hope and future...You might not care, but the public doesnt see it the way the movement does....

Those kids are a huge lethal weapon and the movement are foolish to not realise it....Ive heard the movement foolishly push for the repeal of the 14 amendment that would strip kids of illegal immigrants of their citizenshipship then deport them...You really think the public would go along with the movement on this issue...Of course not...when kids are involve, all bets are off...

the american public are the most generous and forgiven group of people in the world thus pushing me to the conclusion that more raids and mass deportation will hurt the movement because the public wont be able to endure millions of kid being thrown in lambo and homeless..During those recent raids, ive even heard american citisens suggesting to adopt those kids so they could have a home and food to eat...The heart of the american public is huge and you will have to do a lot to change that.

You have to accept crushing families apart and end kids life to push for mass deportation and the public isnt ready for that...this is why i predict that the movement will lose in the end and kennedy will win the amnesty.

Kennedy is a wize man that knows where the heart of the public is..He's very smart and understand how to use buzz words like "comprehensive " and make it work in his favors...If you tak a poll and ask the public whether they support comprehensive immigration reform, the majority would say yes...this is an art that only teddy kennedy can maximize....You are facing a master in ted kennedy and tancredo is not smart enought for him.

MW
    MovingForward wrote:

Again..you will only cut your own throat by calling for more raids because no US citizens wants to see a kid being parent-less with no hope and future...You might not care, but the public doesnt see it the way the movement does....
    Am I to assume you're a pro-illegal immigrant activist or supporter? I guess that is a safe bet considering your comment, "you will only cut your own throat". Hmmm....your real motivations are now coming clear. Heck, I guess if I was a pro-illegal supporter - I wouldn't want to see anymore raids either. Did you lose a relative in the Swift raids?

I dont think the raids helped the movement in one bit....All im hearing is how those kids wont have their parent around for chrismas and what will happen to them....Also, there are dozens of huge fundraising for those kids and U.S citizens from all over the U.S are donating cash so that those kids could get toys etc etc.
    Maybe you're traveling in the wrong circles and/or listening to the wrong people. For the sake of information sharing, those that support the Swift raids far outnumber those that don't. Perhaps you should broaden your listening circle.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast