Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Why Trump Is Winning: He Lands His Best Punch Yet As 'Weak' Jeb Bush ......

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Why Trump Is Winning: He Lands His Best Punch Yet As 'Weak' Jeb Bush ......

Jan 15, 2016 @ 08:33 AM 98,622 views
    Why Trump Is Winning: He Lands His Best Punch Yet As 'Weak' Jeb Bush Unwisely Brings Up Boeing

Who says that Donald Trump is just a name-caller? His hits on other candidates are sometimes outrageous, but in last night’s Fox debate he not only labelled Jeb Bush weak but made him look weak.

Trump suggested that because of the size of its market, America has enormous unused leverage over foreign trade partners, and the mere threat of tariffs could be enough to bring a trade cheater like China to heel. Bush replied that “there’ll be retaliation” and mentioned Boeing as a major example of a company that would suffer.

This was the opening Trump needed. Referring to Chinese leaders, he commented: “They order planes. They make Boeing build their plant in China…. That is not how the game is supposed to be played.”

In other words the well-paid jobs that Boeing’s American workers should have are already being transferred to America’s most problematic trade partner.

Bush’s only response to this knuckle sandwich was to smile wanly and say, “Come on, man.”
    Recommended by Forbes

Boeing’s decision to build a plant in China was announced last September and was jumped on by Trump at the time as a classic example of all that is wrong with U.S. trade policy. The decision hinted at an attitude of fatalistic fecklessness in the Obama administration.

Certainly, as my Forbes.com colleague Loren Thompson pointed out, Boeing’s decision was a stunning break with tradition. He wrote: “After a hundred years of producing its commercial aircraft exclusively in the U.S., the nation’s largest exporter will build its first offshore aircraft plant in China.”

The key thing here is that in being required to produce in China, Boeing will be forced to transfer many of its most valuable production secrets to Chinese soil. They can be expected then to migrate rapidly to Comac, a state-owned, Shanghai-based aerospace company which is targeting the passenger jet business, a business hitherto owned by the duopoly of Boeing and Toulouse-based Airbus.

The North Charleston debate: Trump lands another punch. (Photo by Scott Olson/Getty Images)

For more articles in my “Why Trump Is Winning” series, click here and here.

For more on Boeing’s foreign technology transfers, click here and here. For more on Chinese trade cheating, click here.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/eamonnfi...0b2b7f90af688f
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

See, this is why Donald Trump is the only person in the race capable of fixing our country, because he's the only one who truly understands what's wrong with it.

All these other candidates are sitting around today asking themselves, "why didn't I know Boeing was building a plant in China"? "Why don't I know how this trade deal with China works"? "Why can't I talk the talk like Donald does?"

Why? Because you're all stupid incompetent political hacks who don't know how anything works or what it costs or causes.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

judy your 100 % right I did watch the guy on the ship it was sad with the gun to the head
    SB
    good luck trump

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    See, this is why Donald Trump is the only person in the race capable of fixing our country, because he's the only one who truly understands what's wrong with it.

All these other candidates are sitting around today asking themselves, "why didn't I know Boeing was building a plant in China"? "Why don't I know how this trade deal with China works"? "Why can't I talk the talk like Donald does?"

Why? Because you're all stupid incompetent political hacks who don't know how anything works or what it costs or causes.
    In all fairness, Donald Trump has weaknesses too. He is not all knowledgeable on everything, no president or presidential candidate is.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn