Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Why won't they learn ENGLISH?

Yesterday at a very nice suburban park in Rancho Cucamonga
    I was immediately depressed to find ALL of the Latino families
    talking in Spanish and even little ones who should be learning
    English going on a hunderd miles per hour in Spanish. WHAT is wrong
    with these people? If they were decent parents they would
    teach their kids English!!!!!

I'm trying to teach the baby his numbers so every time he
    climbed the stairs I would say "one, two, three etc.

This Latino Father comes over and starts with his kid ,"uno, dos, tres...

It took EVERYTHING in me to not tell him his child would be attending
    an AMERICAN school where ENGLISH will be taught school and would
    be left behind if he insisted with the Spanish!!!

These people are the worse I've EVER seen.
    Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed.
    Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
    Mahatma Gandhi

It took EVERYTHING in me to not tell him his child would be attending
    an AMERICAN school where ENGLISH will be taught school and would
    be left behind if he insisted with the Spanish!!!
    I wish the above were true, but I think that the Hispanics know they don't have to learn English. Their children will have bilingual teachers in the classroom and, if you've noticed, EVERYTHING is offered in both English and Spanish now. Banks, stores, etc., are all pandering to the illegals and printing all their signs and forms in Spanish as well as English.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Exactly, they know that by sheer force of breeding they will outnumber English speakers, and we will all have to learn Spanish. They all know that if they just wait long enough, the tipping point will be reached and they will have the power and can do anthing they want. They actually teach them this in all their newspapers, TV and radio shows, don't learn English, 'just wait and all of the whites will be forced to learn Spanish'.

It is already the case here in San Diego, many help wanted ads say 'must speak Spanish', and not just for dealing with customers, but for the other employees as well. In fact, if you don't speak Spanish, you will not be hired for nearly any restaurant job.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

Personally ......I see it as a means of maintaining control. A child will not eat on command or sleep on command. The one thing they CAN do and WON"T do....is speak English. They are not stupid. They can learn just like the rest of us. They won't. That has been my beef from jump street.
    It is because English is our nations language and because it is the global business language. English is the first or second language in every country of the world. I did not write the rules. It's just the way it is.

It is the one thing, besides obeying the law, that is required to assimilate.

Do it legally and speak the language. That's the 2 things they will not do.
    And just like a child....if you do not prove to them that it is necessary....it's a matter of wills or majority. And just like a parent....your words (or rules) mean nothing unless you MEAN WHAT YOU SAY!!! So far as the government has gone....it's just words. Words without action mean nothing. That's why they are confused. You haven't enforced it for years.....why now? God mom...you've threatned to ground me all along and NOW you decide to do something? You cannot make rules or laws and not intend or have the means to enforce it ...if you don't REALLY mean it! It's just BS.

And as a child.....you fight back harder and you use whatever means are available to you. Our forefathers THOUGHT it out. They made the rules with full means and intent to follow through with it. We haven't. It's a haphasard " war on drugs" on whatever comes up next. They write laws with no means or intentions of enforcing them. Which makes us totally impotant as a nation. Useless. Meaningless.

And as children....think back.....we ALL thought all the rules were keeping us from something really secret and special. Reality....we were simply trying to protect them from un-necessary harm. But ...tell a teenager that. They want to BE an adult..with all the benefits....but none of the responsibilities. They still think if I was an ADULT I'd get to do what ever I want ,when-ever I want, and NOBODY tells me what to do! Then you're an ADULT and wow.....if only I could be a kid again.

They are fighting the war with the wrong group of people. They are cutting off their nose to spite their face. How many times do we have to go through this?

OUR streets are not paved in gold. Every American is not the movie star you see on the screen. There IS a limit and like it or not.....in every country there is wealth and there is poverty. Comming here does not change that.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There is a first grade teacher in my neighborhood who told me one of her students mothers threatened her physically if she did not teach her son in spanish. She had to file a police report and made a call to INS. Why else would you not want your kid to learn english unless you were an illegal? Unfortunately not sure what the outcome of this was because it happened right before school go out. However my town is fighting to get money from the fed. gov. for having to pay for all these illegal schol kids that are draining the school budgets.
    "What part of illegal don't you understand?"

also since they are "THE RACE" they don't have to follow laws, rules, or learn english. They are above everyone and everything just ask one if you can get it out of them in english. To me actions speak louder than words in these cases.

Children are like sponges if immersed in english only classes they would learn english. Their parents are the ones that make them speak spanish at home and insist that the teachers have their classes in spanish. These people do refuse to speak english and expect our country to accomodate them which the companies have by putting everything in both languages. We have done this for no other immigrants in this country why should we do it for them?
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith1338
    Children are like sponges if immersed in english only classes they would learn english. Their parents are the ones that make them speak spanish at home and insist that the teachers have their classes in spanish. These people do refuse to speak english and expect our country to accomodate them which the companies have by putting everything in both languages. We have done this for no other immigrants in this country why should we do it for them?
    Exactly. I mean NH used to have a huge French Canadian population. I am not sure of the numbers anymore probably more further North. Never saw any signs in the Home Depot and Grocery stores in English and French Canadian (pigeon french as my fiance calls it - he is of French Canadian heritage.)

I meant to also add that yes kids are like sponges and there is a certain window when kids will have an easier time adapting and learning a new language. All these parents refusing to teach their kids english are only dumbing their kids down and hurting them for a sucessful shot at the future.

Quote Originally Posted by pandabear
    I meant to also add that yes kids are like sponges and there is a certain window when kids will have an easier time adapting and learning a new language. All these parents refusing to teach their kids english are only dumbing their kids down and hurting them for a sucessful shot at the future.
    Exactly. The younger a child the faster they catch on and learn
    new things. They are crippling their children and ensuring them
    a future of strawberry picking and toilet cleaning.

I remember when I hada job which has been a while now
    b/c all of the jobs my way declare
    you must be BILINGUAL to work in the good old USA but anyway, as
    I was typing. I stared in disbelief at my Mexican proud coworker who
    was born HERE by the way said that he and his wife speak Spanish only
    at home to their three children. After inhaling and exhaing deeply I told him that was too bad since his kids will probably be in the slow class.
    We lived in a really good school district at the time that didn't
    cater to these law breakers. He was VERY mad to say the
    least and a week later when a Peruvian coworker told him this was
    true b/c they wanted to do this to his daughter but he taught her English
    at school...Spanish at home the school allowed her to sit in with the
    other English speaking kids.
    Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed.
    Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast