Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What has been said for years is being done no. This country is being subdivided.

This is just the opposite of the slave era.
    The Mexicans want to work for low wages, they want segregation, and they prefer living in slums.
    The only thing that will be done about illegals is talks and debates. Everyone is starting to move to their side of the country. The only thing that they want to do is start this country over. From poverty up.
    They won`t speak English and we won`t speak Spanish.
    ------------------------

They don't learn English because they don't HAVE TO! There are plenty of examples of our pandering to their language to show it.
    I lived in Phoenix for many years and saw it coming. The illegals and thier language was out front in the 70's when I was growing up. Our schools were, even back then, overrun by kids that didn't speak English fluently. I then attended Glendale Community College where many student were Latinos who didn't have a mastery of our language, even at college level.
    I don't doubt that even if we made English the official language, they wouldn't go out of their way to become fluent. Most of the working class can get by without it.
    Hussein who?

They should be allowed to wallow in their ignorance, but we should be sure that they do it back home in Mexico.

Even if they do know English, most of the time their spelling and grammer skills in both languages are awful. It was pretty sad at the last job I worked at because I could spell better in both languages than the bilingual coworker I worked with. The coworker got a promotion and made a lot more money than I did because she was bilingual. Never mind that she could type maybe 15 words a minute with mistakes and that I could type 70 plus words a minute without any mistakes. Sorry but after reading this thread I had to vent!

Because we make it too easy for them not to learn English. Free services, phone books, you name it cater to them in Spanish. My bills that arrive in the mail, on the flip side are printed in Spanish. When we stop catering to non speaking English people, they'll have no choice but to learn our language. The next time you're asked if you speak Spanish. Turn the question back around and ask them if they speak English. This is our country and we need to stand up and take it back. The change will only happen when we start speaking up.
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

BearPaw wrote
    PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:57 am Post subject:
    Because we make it too easy for them not to learn English. Free services, s, phone books, you name cater to them in Spanish. My bills that arrive in the mail, on the flip side are printed in Spanish. When we stop catering to them and insists that they speak English. Then they'll have no choice but to learn our language. This is our country and we need to stand up and take it back.

That`s exactly right.

Some of the illegals speak English but claim they can`t.
    ------------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12