Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Wife and I Fought Over Illegal Immigration Issue

Just finished a heated discussion with wife over the issue of illegal immigration. Her attitude was, "so, there's nothing we can do about it!" Needless to say, I launched into the things that we CAN do about it and that we don't just have to sit back and get the shaft. Sadly, her attitude is representative of so many people that are waiting to get slammed in the head with this issue before they wake up from their slumber. She mentioned that she wanted to vote for Hilary Clinton. I took the argument up a notch and explained to her that Clinton would make things far worse than Bush or the previous Presidents. No crackdown on sanctuary cities, etc. I am calming down a little now but I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this same thing?!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Errr Yea , after i finish my cool dinner i'll post some thoughts , reactions from my wife and family . Don't think your alone Bro !
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

My husband does not want to hear it either. He let's me do my thing but asked me to keep it to myself. He does agree with me, but doesn't think we can do much about it! I don't care though, cause I'm stinkin mad about this injustice to the American people that I will not let it go until it is under control!

I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this same thing?!
    I can sure sympathize TEXASBORN. My entire family thinks I'm nuts ! I told my son on May 1st to call/email his senators, the white house etc. He said "they don't care". The saying around my house when the topic of IA's comes up is......Don't Get Her Going ! My own husband does not agree with me ! We don't discuss it anymore. It's this same apathy our government, and the Pro-amnesty crowd, not to mention Mexico is counting on.
    IT'S NOT HOW YOU GET IN, IT'S HOW YOU GET OUT

I HAD A VERY HEATED ARGUMENT WITH ONE OF MY BROTHERS ABOUT TWO MONTHS AGO. HE IS AN OBAMA SUPPORTER (SIGH). IT SUCKS WHEN THIS IMMIGRATION THING ENTERS PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS. I THINK WE MOSTLY AGREE THAT OUR COUNTRY IS IN TROUBLE, BUT WE DISAGREE ON HOW TO SAVE IT. AND WE BOTH ARE VERY OPINIONATED. BUT WE BOTH CARE ABOUT IT. ANYWAY I ENDED UP HAVING TO HANG UP ON HIM AS HE CALLED ME AN IDIOT.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My Wonderful wife is the person that got me here and I thank her for that. We are on the same page , Now if we can get all of our kids on the same page we will be doing good .. Most of our kids agree but we have a couple that don't matter of time LOL.

Boy! dose that sound familiar. The only way I could possibility get the wife to NOT vote for Hillary would be to praise Hillary, and tell the wife that that is whom I voting for. (Reverse psychology). Even listing all the Clinton’s dirty tricks, and sleazy backroom deals would not be enough. She is a truly a product of the Chicago Democrat machine that Papa Daley built way back in the 50’s and 60’s.

And when it comes to the immigration issue she says, “So, everyone has the right to come to Americaâ€
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Quote Originally Posted by fmrjarhead
    My Wonderful wife is the person that got me here and I thank her for that. We are on the same page , Now if we can get all of our kids on the same page we will be doing good .. Most of our kids agree but we have a couple that don't matter of time LOL.
    Fmrjarhead, I am green with envy.
    (pretend this smiley is Green not red)
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

My husband opened my eyes to it a couple of years ago and honestly it took a while for it to sink in. He was actually talking about it during the '04 election and didn't like that Bush encouraged all of the 'worker programs' and hinted at amnesty. I didn't see it as a concern at the time, I wish I had. I'm glad we are in agreement on this and other political issues. I can't imagine how tough it would be to live with someone with opposing views about such important things.

We fight about it constantly. I'm like a pit bull ready to rumble....while he runs under the bed... We don't disagree about the issue.....it's how to handle it. He's one of those......ignore it and it will go away types. Pretend the bills aren't due, then panic and fold under the pressure, and somebody else pays.... LOL Funny though today he said there aren't illegal immigrants hiding in the shadows.....only afraid citizens are. He's waiting on a guarenteed 100% safe and 100% successful march before he does. He's a big person who wonders why there aren't marches in the street....but the first to tuck his tail between his legs when one is announced. He's a follower, not a leader.....he won't risk anything for a cause. He's angry I'm here for fear of the FBI raiding us.

Find him cowering in a dark corner somewhere. Seriously....it's embarrassing. His father was featured as a war vet on 60 min or 20-20.....yet he's a total disgrace. He was ready to run and be Jon Whing if it ment he didn't go to war. Yet talk about complaining about the world today.....heck his life is dedicated to complaining about it and NOTHING to do about fixing it. He's calling fire in a crowded theatre and knows nothing after it's over.

My daughter thinks they should kill people once they have outlived their usefullness.

Ya....we have some heafty family discussions!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast