Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Will President Bush Use Hurricane To Put Off Borders?

Just before the hurricane hit, there were indications that President Bush was going to address the issue of illegal immigration. It seems something always happens to put that on the back burner.

Obviously our country has a crisis to deal with after Hurricane Katrina, but
    It will be interesting to see how long immigration will be pushed back on the priority list and how many more illegals will enter the U.S. in the meantime.

President Bush seems to love to give statistics and numbers out regarding many situations effecting our country. But this is one issue that I NEVER hear him using numbers on. Sigh.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I know the other day, In Arizona on TV. Bush said something about Immigration and then MSNBC cut out of the speech. I had forgot to look up what he said until you just mentioned it.

MSNBC is a worthless New Network.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Scuba, I think that was just another time of having him say that Americans are concerned about the borders and have a good reason to be. That's his latest one-liner on the issue. That one is already getting old. Maybe next week they will come up with a new one for him to use.

I'd like to hear this one-liner: "The United States has a huge crisis to deal with, if you are in this country illegally then you should return home immediately."

Chances of that one-liner?? 0%.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't think the immigration issue will be pushed off for very long. Today the local police are supposed to start focusing on the looters and with the number of National Guard coming in I don't give the looting problem more than a couple more days in the news. I'm no engineer, but I'd guess that most of the buildings and houses are going to be condemed so I don't see the point of any urgency to restore the power in those areas. With that, I would guess that power restoration will be focused on the local infrastructures. This isn't Iraq and with so many getting involved I don't see this taking very long either. With the amount of news focused on the gasoline situation I don't see that lasting too much longer either.

Just my opinions.

time

Time for a bike ride...

As for the gasoline issue;

Dick Cheney former CEO of Halliburton,
    bushes, former oil men,
    condi- had a supertanker named after her,
    rumsfeld-corporate hack

Oil profits- off the charts! Bigger than ever!

Katrina may be windfall for this crew and their masters!

Plus the added benefit of putting our issue, and the war, off the table for a while. Who says God 'aint watching out for bush? Or is the storm Gods' wrath, as assassin for Jesus, pat robertson, may claim? Or punishment for our sins? Saints preserve us, devil unnerve us! What a mess.

cheers glenn

tms

Sure he will for a while, this is just another added + in the elites of this country and possible gobal agenda.
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

I’m sure we will not hear the word "Illegal immigration" slither from Jorge’s mouth for at least 3 weeks, at the minimum, IMHO. When it does, it will be forced out. Don't forget that there is a bill being submitted for his impeachment, and the predominant argument is his lack of upholding his sworn duty to uphold the laws of our nation, focusing on immigration. That will not just disappear. I will put a wager that this disaster will keep him in office just like the war put him in for a second term. But the issue is on the hot seat now, and won't go away like he would like it to.
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME