Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We can't let up or let our guard down. According to this article, the DA amendment will reach the Senate floor in the next few days. Excerpt:

Irish Voice News
    New Movement on Immigration Issues
    September 24, 2007
    By April Drew

LEGISLATION known as the Dream Act is expected to reach the Senate floor in the next few days for a vote that, if passed, would allow an estimated 1.3 million students who are undocumented to become legal U.S. residents.

http://www.irishabroad.com/news/irish-v ... 40907.aspx
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

sounds good folks

I printed off the list this weekend and brought it to work to call during my lunch hour!

May it die tomorrow.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupinwaukegan
    sounds good folks

I printed off the list this weekend and brought it to work to call during my lunch hour!

May it die tomorrow.
    May it DIE and stay BURIED!

Last week I emailed Senator Boxer and asked her a question. I asked who do you work for, the Citizens of California or The Mexican Government. I told her with her supporting the Dream act after we had loudly said no, it looks like the latter. Today I received the following email, tell me did she answer the question?

Dear (Cayla):

Thank you for contacting me regarding proposed changes to our immigration laws. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you may know, the Senate recently considered S.1639, a bill that would comprehensively reform our immigration system. On June 28, 2007, after weeks of negotiations and debate, the Senate voted against moving the bill forward.

Although comprehensive immigration reform has stalled, certain legislative proposals that were included in S.1639 continue to be considered on their own or as amendments to other bills. These proposals include the DREAM Act, the AgJOBS program, and increased funding for border security.

I believe our immigration problems will only get worse unless we work together to resolve them. Be assured that I will continue to fight to improve our immigration system in a manner that strengthens our border security, protects American workers, and reduces illegal immigration.

Again, thank you for writing to me. Please feel free to contact me again about this or any other issue of concern to you.

Barbara Boxer
    United States Senator
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789