Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    Quote Originally Posted by builditnow
    Quote Originally Posted by Rai7965
    Kind of a puny statement and placement within the draft considering it is the most important issue facing our nation. But I guess I should be pleased they even remembered to mention it.
    Did you read all of it on both pages 19 and 20? Its more than just one sentence. Its not as strong as I would like, but its something. At least they obviously know and are acknowledging the majority of Americans want our laws enforced and borders secured.
    Its a joke , it should have been on page 1 , 2 or 3

illegal immigration is the cause of many of this countries biggest problems
    and once again they are failing to see it , or they are ignoring it.

The repubs are no different than the dems on illegals , just for different reasons

PLEASE DON'T FORGET THAT
    Justthefacts - I was just asking Rai7965 if he/she had seen both pages. It sounded like he/she just saw one sentence. When I first read it, I thought it was just that brief statement on page 19.

I don't know how you decided you are some expert on this who needs to lecture other activists. I'm gd aware of the RepubliCONs' role in this, in fact I have said they are more dangerous than the liberal Dems when it comes to this issue. I don't know how long you've been aware of the invasion, but I've been aware of it and talking about it for about twenty years now. So I'm well aware of the RepubliCONs' roles in it.

Next time you disagree with someone, you can just say "I disagree". Its fairly simple.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rai7965
    Kind of a puny statement and placement within the draft considering it is the most important issue facing our nation. But I guess I should be pleased they even remembered to mention it.
    Did you read all of it on both pages 19 and 20? Its more than just one sentence. Its not as strong as I would like, but its something. At least they obviously know and are acknowledging the majority of Americans want our laws enforced and borders secured.
    Its a joke , it should have been on page 1 , 2 or 3

illegal immigration is the cause of many of this countries biggest problems
    and once again they are failing to see it , or they are ignoring it.

The repubs are no different than the dems on illegals , just for different reasons

PLEASE DON'T FORGET THAT
    Justthefacts - I was just asking Rai7965 if he/she had seen both pages. It sounded like he/she just saw one sentence. When I first read it, I thought it was just that brief statement on page 19.

I don't know how you decided you are some expert on this who needs to lecture other activists. I'm gd aware of the RepubliCONs' role in this, in fact I have said they are more dangerous than the liberal Dems when it comes to this issue. I don't know how long you've been aware of the invasion, but I've been aware of it and talking about it for about twenty years now. So I'm well aware of the RepubliCONs' roles in it.

Next time you disagree with someone, you can just say "I disagree". Its fairly simple.
    Yes , I am "some kind of expert"

People can make their own choices
    I only speak for myself and my opinions are my own

The statement is a POS
    and a lot of people here I think know it

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    Establish Operational Control of the Border: We must take action by securing our borders, and that action starts with enforcing our laws. We will ensure that the Border Patrol has the tools and authorities to establish operational control at the border and prohibit the Secretaries of the Interior and Agriculture from interfering with Border Patrol activities on Federal Land

Work With State and Local Officials to Enforce our Immigration Laws: The problem with illegal immigration and the Mexican drug cartels engaged in an increasingly violent conflict means we need all hands on deck to address this challenge. We will reaffirm the authority of state and local law enforcement to assist in the enforcement of all immigration laws.

Strengthen Visa Security: To stop Terrorists like Omar Farouk Abdulmutallab, the Christmas Day Bomber, we will require the Department of Homeland Security to review all visa applications at high risk consular posts and prevent aliens from attempting to avoid deportation after having their visas revoked

This is the same old same old

A proper statement of intent would have included

Immediate stationing of 10k troops on the border to be active in
    enforcing the protection from invasion of all unauthorized persons

Immediate increases in workplace enforcement

mandating all local and state law enforcement to include measures to ferret out illegal aliens

To purge all illegal aliens from all welfare and govt benefit programs

To work to repeal the anchor baby provision in the 14th amend

To stop any and all catch and release programs by the DHS

To mandate e verify for all hiring

To immediately re instate the SS to begin aggressively enforcing the no match , no work program

I think this would have been a good start

ok team, we need everyone to focus and everyone to help.

I asked for two things in this request.

Only one person, James, followed the details of my request and posted the immigration related text from the document.

Now, I need to know exactly what Republicans were involved with the creation of this contract.

PLEASE.

W[/quote]
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    The new document — modeled after the original “Contract With America,â€

Banned
    Boehner is the only name I can find.
    Ohio Congressman John Boehner will probably be House Speaker if Republicans take power
    The manifesto is to be formally unveiled on Thursday by a group of House Republican leaders at a hardware shop in Virginia, just outside Washington.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11394612

House Republicans are set to release an agenda on Thursday that features longtime GOP goals. Above, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell delivers remarks to the press.
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 16530.html

House Republicans Use Social Media to Draft Agenda
    GOP Uses 'America Speaking Out' Initiative to Harness Tea Party Discontent, Voters' Ideas
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/house-re ... d=11698125

Banned
    http://www.americaspeakingout.com/
    While the legislative priorities in the plan are not expected to be new, what is notable sources say, is the process by which they were formed: based largely on the input from more than 100,000 registered users of the interactive online forum Republicans have branded "America Speaking Out."
    House Republicans Use Social Media to Draft Agenda

Banned
    The high-tech strategy, which includes iPhone and Android apps, allows users to post ideas which can be "liked" or "disliked" by other users, who can also add comments in a format similar to Facebook. California Republican Rep. Kevin McCarthy, who has spearheaded the effort, unveiled the initiative in May.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/house-re ... d=11698125

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12