Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by jecg_97030
    Corker's aide told me that he voted no on cloture before and couldn't imagine him voting yes this time. I pressed her on it and asked her to tell me if that means "no" on cloture or "no" on the bill. She repeated her statement but didn't confirm that there is a definite "no" on cloture.

I think he needs some friendly persuasion to go on the record as a "no".
    This is the same response I got three times yesterday. I called the office awhile ago and reminded the staffer of that and said I'd heard a rumor that Corker was caving. Of course, he knew nothing about that. I said we expect a no on cloture and a no on the bill, and I finished up by saying that Americans are fed up with our government exploiting our generosity for the benefit of corrupt Mexico--and others. No amnesty is acceptable under any circumstances---NOTHING WILL SWEETEN THE DEAL. Then I said we will not forget any senator who betrays us. I couldn't get through to Alexander's office so I sent a fiery email and fax. I'll call again when I have a chance. I have to get back to work.

Just spoke with Alexander's local office. I asked that he vote no on cloture and she then took my name & address and said thank you to cut me off. I then asked how he was going to vote and she stated he's against amnesty, borders need to be secured first but did not know how he would vote.
    DC office phone busy.
    To stand in silence when they should be protesting makes cowards out of men. Abraham Lincoln

Doing so now!!!!!

UPDATE: Lines are busy and keep them busy.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I had the same kind of response from Corker's staffer. He said "the senator is uncomfortable with a lot of provisions in this bill". It looks quite feasible he'll vot No on cloture but he has not taken a stance publically. He needs more calls.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You will be pleased to know that there are other sites from newspapers in South Florida who are also against illegal immigration and have phone numbers, email addresses and fax numbers to those who need to be contacted to ensure this bill is not passed.

Hey guys, I have left voicemails or got busy signals. Just a question - I have called them several times already and Corker was definitely against this bill and was going to vote No. Lamar was leaning towards no.

What happened????
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

I can't through. The phones are busy. I called Crapo and they said, "in the past he has voted NO." I asked, "with the amendments they are putting forward what is his stance." He said I believe it will be a no but he didn't sound sure.

He asked were I was calling from. I told him CA but that this is so critical to our nation that I was calling across the nation. He was very attentive and wished me a good day.

I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by alisab
    Hey guys, I have left voicemails or got busy signals. Just a question - I have called them several times already and Corker was definitely against this bill and was going to vote No. Lamar was leaning towards no.

What happened????
    That makes my heart "flutter"!!! (in a good way! )
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me, you hear!?"

Fill the message boxes with news about this poll!!

W

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast