Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

WE kinda joke about ICE but, in all honesty, I don't understand why they AREN'T at these types of meetings. IF it was important to them to do their jobs, they would concentrate on large gatherings of Hispanics rather than trying to go door-to-door. I guess they would accuse ICE of "racial profiling"!!! BUT--how many ILLEGAL Hispanic immigrants are of another race?????????? It just seems that ICE got a lot of POSITIVE, as well as negative, press from the arrests of the 48 at Seymour Johnson AFB so it would make them APPEAR to be doing their jobs if they busted a big group of illegals.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I would never joke about ICE. They're doing a great job without any support from the government and a bureaucratic mess of laws that they have to follow.

Joke might not have been a good choice of words. Maybe, more like disparaging of the job they are doing. I do realize they are way UNDERSTAFFED and that's not their fault however I just don't see them out there trying to round up illegals like they need to be doing. Maybe it's because of the understaffing but I've also heard local law enforcement say that there's no need for them to even call ICE because they just don't do anything when they do call. I've also KNOWN people who reported employers who are definitely using illegals in the workplace and ICE did not follow up there.

If it's more agents they need, we should immediately start contacting our representatives and DEMANDING more funding.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

More funding for ICE is part of the Cornyn-Kyl bill that's being drafted in the Senate right now. I think that joke that McCain-Kennedy are trying to pass calls for some extra funding, but not nearly enough.

Well, maybe some form of that bill will pass. The McCain/Kennedy bill is just not gonna hack it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12