Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Winn Dixie and Readers Digest , Going Hispanic ?

I have shopped at Winn Dixie for years and subscribed to Readers Digest for about 35 years now .

Readers Digest has TWO articles in it praising latinos one a brain surgean who was an illegal who came here used our benefits to climb to the top . The other I didn't even bother to read .

I went to Winn Dixie this week to shop and they have remodled the whole store . On one ilse they have a new sign up that says something like " Canned Veg
    Sauses
    Soup
    HISPANIC".

I ask the attendant what the hell the sign is there for, the lost cause lamb , ansered ,' guess so our hispaic shoppers can find their kind of food "!

I went ballistic ,I had just thrown away my renewal to a magaznine I had enjoyed for years and now this !

I had done alot of shopping because i don't go often . I started to walk off, then decided I was too tied to shop again . When I got to the register i asked for manager . About 5 others were in line . Iloudly ask her what in the hell was that hispanic sign doing there . She mumbled somthing and I ask for the other manager . They said he was on vacation . I told them nd everyone else in earshot that this is America ,not mexico and they need to stop catering to the criminals who come here illgeally .

Of course all the sheep in the store just bahhhed and kept their silence .

My husband ,[ who helps me make calls and write emails ] ,said someone could hurt us for my outburst . I said some one is already hurting us and it's going to get worse .

We are running out of places to stop shopping, banking and buying from fast ! My husband made a scene in Bank America a few months ago when he closed our account . I was already upset that most of the cold water fish they had came from China !

Our local Albertson's has a one-aisle "Hispanic foods" section just as it also has a "Kosher foods" aisle. I think it important that we remember that the term"Hispanic" does not designate any illegality in itself, and that perhaps public confrontations are not the most productive way for us to get our message across.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

After over 30 years of enjoying the Reader's Digest, I have made THIS month's issue my LAST one because of the story of the ILLEGAL alien Mexican who became a BRAIN surgeon. Of ALL American magazines, I NEVER figured that the Reader's Digest would stoop SO low! I REFUSE to patronize ANY publication glorifying CRIMINALS! And, YES, ILLEGAL aliens ARE criminals!

In Forida

The entire stores are Hispanic food with the exception of one isle(in some stores) for Citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas2step
    Our local Albertson's has a one-aisle "Hispanic foods" section just as it also has a "Kosher foods" aisle. I think it important that we remember that the term"Hispanic" does not designate any illegality in itself, and that perhaps public confrontations are not the most productive way for us to get our message across.
    Most legal latinos don't need signs directing them to spanish foods . I don't see any signs in there specifically for Japanese or Chinese foods . They also have an isle with these brands ,but no sign .

If they are too ignorant to read the lables, the hispanic sign won't help them much .

Kosher food is used by many who use menus of this type of ingrediants, not the same thing at all .

This may not be a polite way to get out the meaage, but it seems nothing much else is working any better . They come back with a new law every time we fight one down .

I may should have been a little less loud, but that was a bad day for me .

My being loud is not nearly as bad as the ones who are so darn silent .

Silence is what got us to where we are now, losing .

I Went to a diversity class last week and was not a welcome guest I made it clear that I would not coform to their way of thinking ..
    so to this day I am not a welcome guest

Quote Originally Posted by fmrjarhead
    I Went to a diversity class last week and was not a welcome guest
    What the heck is a diversity class anyway? Tell us more about it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by fmrjarhead
    I Went to a diversity class last week and was not a welcome guest I made it clear that I would not coform to their way of thinking ..
    so to this day I am not a welcome guest

Good for you ! Also thanks for serving our nation .

Sounds like you'd be a good one to go to a local or state meeting . And if you could bring some with you that would really be great .

I am waiting for flu bug to leave before i go out much . I don't heal like I us to ,that last one almost killed me . And I don't trust their flu shots ,so I'm darned if I do and darned if i don' .

Diversity training is where they have you all in a room and tell you to be PC all the time, respect everone and everything of all cultures. I asked why don't they have to respect us , They having taken my Christmas away from and are telling us english is no longer the language used exclusively in the United States. I had a few other choice words that did not set well with them.

What I see as worse than Hispanic grocery sections are the many goods in the stores that have the label, Made In China.

I went to the mall yesterday, the first time in probably a half a year. I was shopping in some of the best stores, but every article of clothing, jewelry, shoes, you name it -- is made in China now.

We're talking Lord and Taylor, Macy''s, Bloomingdales even.

You can NOT buy anything now that is not made in China, except perhaps food items.

It is getting scary out there. A trip to the mall just doesnt even cut it for me anymore -- and as a female, I have always loved my retail therapy.

But I can't buy these goods. I can't continue to do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast