Our school district has sponsored numerous Health and Immigration Fairs on site at schools in the past.

My children brought home a flyer for quite a new event this week. Not only are they holding a 'Immigration Services Forum' but also it will be a 'Financial & Housing Information Fair.'

FYI: The state of Illinois estimates that we have 62,000 illegal aliens -pop. is around 100,000. The police estimate we have 1/3.

The topics will include;

10:30 How to avoid housing discrimination and programs for first time home buyers

11:15 Your money, your life: How to handle your finances effectively

11:40 What to do to avoid losing your home: options for home owners

A rep from US Citizenship and Immigration Services will also be there to talk about pending cases.

Brings a lot of what ifs to mind. What if the conference gives wrong advice and our district is held liable. Who is paying for the free childcare during the event? Who is paying for the building being open on a Saturday?

This information came home on a flyer with the school children. It was approved by the superintendent.

Warning: Although this information applies to most all of us the note says that "most sessions will be conducted in Spanish with an English translator available if needed."

For more information:
Eileen McGrath 847-940-0202

*The announcement isn't on the district website. When it is I'll link it.

Can you believe it??!! Sessions will be held in a foreign language with English available if needed. I'm going just so they need it.