Anyway, don't it suck to see George Orwell right?
It sure does Pinstraw, what sucks even more is that a little truth always seems to get tucked away in some mindless post about some congressman or about some party line as you mentioned.

Sooo, heres a little truth:

1. The "myth of the drug war" there is no war and never was. Remember Iran contra? Ollie made a pretty good drug dealer didn't he? And of course we all know that drug availability is WAY down, I mean there can't be more than bush and ollie and reagan and maybe about 10-15 drug dealers left on ANY given street corner in a metropilitan area, (wait excuse me, Reagan died). Ya, the drug war...another 30-40 BILLION a year down the crapper! Like the former drug czar said, "it's the money stupid".

2. The "myth of illegals are only looking for work" hell, they already found it, smuggling drugs and the dregs of anyplace across the border...with a free ride back to get some more after the drop, curtesy of our jackass pres.

3. The "myth of writing or calling your rep or sen. will help" ok, well, they will tell you whatever you tell them you want to hear...but from the past 5 years it doesn't sound much like anyone in office keeps thier word once elected. Thats if elected w/o any interference from the black box voting machines(see link below).

http://www.unknownnews.net/comvot.html#5112001

4. The myth that "middle class income is about $100,000"...double it and your close to the buying power of the true middle class as it was 20 years ago. Don't believe it? Ask anyone who makes 100k a year and see how well they do(I'v made well over that before I retired and when the smoke cleared I was living in a 3 bdrm house in an ok place and I got the crap beat out of me by "conservative" taxes).

5. The belief that illegal's can be removed and the border secured by our gov. see # 3 above. The only action that will restore our borders is to ARREST AND IMPRISON those responsable for the problem in the first place...(I say we start with Bush) and we also need to work more on our own local level, ya know, the ones who control the police? Remember, it's easier for a cop to arrest a citizen and fine him/her for a traffic ticket than it is for them to take the gloves off and start arresting those who they KNOW are illegal. Once again though, only the rich get that kind of action on a local level...Costa Mesa is a very well off area right next to Newport Beach, home to some of the most expensive real estate on earth and you saw what the mayor did. Empowered the police.