Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I agree NittyGritty. Mentally I can picture Wille Nelson, George Strait, Toby Keith, and a few other notable country and western performers putting together an awareness concert tour. CMT would make a great sponsor. I'll do some digging around with this. :P

P.S Is The Nitty Gritty Dirt band still around?
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

Oh yea, they played at the choctaw festival a few years ago, they played for a packed house about 20,000 people, what a magnificient show, you don't hear of them because the stupid DJ's refuse to give any air time for the older groups, but they are still around!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Oh yea, they played at the choctaw festival a few years ago, they played for a packed amphitheater about 20,000 people, what a magnificient show, you don't hear of them because the DJ's refuse to play the oldtimers what a shame!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

nittygritty,

As soon as I saw you using NittyGritty I just had to ask. I remember The Nitty Gritty Dirt band from the 70's. They were one of the first bands to cross over from country to pop. Now I hear their music primarly on The Classic Country station on cable. Great band.

Have you notice though how people in the music industry are laying low on this issue? Remember how anyone who was a who's who in the 80's joined on for Farm aide and for hunger? Where are these people now?
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123