Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Wrong information

Some information I have seen here is grave error. For anyone that has trained on the border, such as myself, this is constantly pushed on our faces. When I was training on the border in 1981, we were strictly forbidden not to have any contact with illegals and that it was unlawful for us to detain illegals. Nothing has changed from then 'til now. The National Guard will not be able to interact with anyone except for the border patrol. They will provide logistic support and be put out as sentries with 1-2 border agents in charge. They will not be armed. I believe this to be a smoke screen of major degree. You still need the approval of the governors of the states involved unless he Federalizes them. We believe he will not risk that. You basically have a delay which can go on for months.

I do not appreciate the "kidding" around with biblical terms regarding prophecy. The term mark of the beast is a very serious matter, I have found it better if I do not understand something better not speak. The federal ID people are already all over this. They completely understand the ploy behind this. They were protesting the passage of the law. We lost that one, unless each state refuses to set it up. This is pretty much a done deal.

I thought we are suppose to verify information before it was posted. I saw a post stating someone had been kicked out from somewhere else due to arguing with Tony Snow regarding his alleged membership with CFR. Unless that is proven to be a fact why shoukd it be stated?

Posse Comitatus Act

This article is about a United States statute prohibiting the use of the armed forces for law enforcement. For other uses see Posse comitatus (disambiguation).
    The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385) passed in 1878 after the end of Reconstruction. The Act was intended to prohibit Federal troops from supervising elections in former Confederate states. It generally prohibits Federal military personnel and units of the United States National Guard under Federal authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within the United States, except where expressly authorized by the Constitution or Congress. The Posse Comitatus Act and the Insurrection Act substantially limit the powers of the Federal government to use the military for law enforcement.

The original act referred only to the United States Army. The Air Force was added in 1956, and the Navy and the Marine Corps have been included by a regulation of the Department of Defense. This law is often mentioned when it appears that the Department of Defense is interfering in domestic disturbances.

Contents [hide]
    1 Legislation
    2 Limits on the Act
    3 Homeland Security
    3.1 Sense of Congress
    4 See also
    5 External links

[edit]
    Legislation
    The relevant legislation is as follows:

Sec. 1385. - Use of Army and Air Force as posse comitatus
    Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.
    [edit]
    Limits on the Act
    There are a number of situations in which the Act does not apply. These include:

National Guard units while under the authority of the governor of a state;
    Troops when used pursuant to the Federal authority to quell domestic violence as was the case during the 1992 Los Angeles riots;
    Troops used under the order of the President of the United States pursuant to the Insurrection Act
    In December 1981 additional laws were enacted clarifying permissible military assistance to civilian law enforcement agencies—including the Coast Guard—especially in combating drug smuggling into the United States. Posse Comitatus clarifications emphasize supportive and technical assistance (e.g., use of facilities, vessels, aircraft, intelligence, tech aid, surveillance) while generally prohibiting direct participation of Department of Defense personnel in law enforcement (e.g., search, seizure, and arrests). For example, Coast Guard Law Enforcement Detachments (LEDETS) serve aboard Navy vessels and perform the actual boardings of interdicted suspect drug smuggling vessels and, if needed, arrest their crews.
    Under 18 U.S.C. § 831, the Attorney General may request that the Secretary of Defense provide emergency assistance if civilian law enforcement is inadequate to address certain types of threat involving the release of nuclear materials, such as potential use of a Nuclear or Radiological weapon. Such assistance may be by any personnel under the authority of the Department of Defense, provided such assistance does not adversely affect U.S. military preparedness.
    The United States Coast Guard is not affected by the act during peacetime.
    [edit]
    Homeland Security
    TITLE 6 CHAPTER 1 SUBCHAPTER VIII Part H Sec. 466. Congress finds the following:

Section 1385 of title 18 (commonly known as the Posse Comitatus Act) prohibits the use of the Armed Forces as a Posse comitatus to execute the laws except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress.
    Enacted in 1878, the Posse Comitatus Act was expressly intended to prevent United States Marshals, on their own initiative, from calling on the Army for assistance in enforcing Federal law.
    The Posse Comitatus Act has served the Nation well in limiting the use of the Armed Forces to enforce the law.
    Nevertheless, by its express terms, the Posse Comitatus Act is not a complete barrier to the use of the Armed Forces for a range of domestic purposes, including law enforcement functions, when the use of the Armed Forces is authorized by Act of Congress or the President determines that the use of the Armed Forces is required to fulfill the President's obligations under the Constitution to respond promptly in time of war, insurrection, or other serious emergency.
    Existing laws, including Title 10, Chapter 15 (commonly known as The Insurrection Act), and The Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (Title 42, Chapter 6, grant the President broad powers that may be invoked in the event of domestic emergencies, including an attack against the Nation using weapons of mass destruction, and these laws specifically authorize the President to use the Armed Forces to help restore public order.
    [edit]
    Sense of Congress
    Congress reaffirms the continued importance of section 1385 of title 18, and it is the sense of Congress that nothing in this chapter should be construed to alter the applicability of such section to any use of the Armed Forces as a posse comitatus to execute the laws.

"....mercy to the guilty is cruelity to the innocent." Adam Smith

justjeffUS,

Please see the disclaimer in our rules. This is an open board where anyone can post as long as they abide by the rules. Of course every fact here is not checked.

We have never made the claim that we check all of the material posted here for accuracy.

Are you volunteering? Would you like the job of checking the 200 posts per day made here for accuracy?

I think most people understand the nature of Internet Discussion Boards.

Why in the world would you be here taking up for Mr. Open Borders Tony Snow?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    justjeffUS, when you talk about the number of the beast and our government, are you talking about the Real ID act? I guess I feel a little out of the loop, if you could explain what you meant, I am interested in knowing more. Thanks
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JEFF
    1st....thanx! f/the Posse Comitatus info!!

Next time you see an error would you mind pointing it out in that post?
    Accuracy is important.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

justjeffUS,

Welcome.

Please forgive people for talking about end-times prophesy. It is a scarry time in American History and Christians often wonder, is this it! They can't help it. I've done the same but if it is, it is. Either you are ready or you are not. You will not know the day, the hour nor the moment and it will happen in the blink of an eye.

What I wondered if the National Guard would have their weapons. I think they should considering criminals doing business are crossing the border. I feel our boys need to be able to protect themselves, in the event of a confrontation. Otherwise they could be targets.

Dixie

DIXIE
    they're to be in "supportive" rolls. ===desk jobs & training. IMHO, it's a big wash.

I would doubt that they'd be armed w/ammunition. Again, the Posse Comitatus Act is in play here.

I have a question regarding the Posse Comitatus Act and the Waco debacle. Wasn't there a tank used in Waco? Who owned the tank? I'm talking about a Abrams or some type of tank like that, not a gas tank.
    If a military tank was used in Waco, why would not the Posse Comitatus Act have been invoked then, too?
    <div>Want some ICE with that cervesa?</div>

Tanks

Yes, but it was a FBI agent using the tanks. Once a year, all Federal law enforcements have to be certified with the use of military equipment because of this act.
    "....mercy to the guilty is cruelity to the innocent." Adam Smith

KICK

That's why there was such an uproar! Clinton actually ignored the Posse Comitatus.

My military contacts were, well........you know. Must stay clean here, lol.

Reno & clinton should have been made to pay for that blatant disregard of
    the law.

Both sides of the aisle are guilty of disregarding our laws!!! PERIOD
    Sheeeesh, they're sleeping in the same bed. One isn't any more golden than the other.

Thanks 2ndamendsis, that's what we thought but our memories are going fast. We hope we can hold out long enough to see traitors swinging in the breeze.
    <div>Want some ICE with that cervesa?</div>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast