Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Wrote another letter to the editor tonight

This morning's paper ran a full page ad with the message "Its not a crime to aid (you know who) and it carried the names of hundreds of local activists including ministers and supposedly a lot of sympathizers. This was my letter to the editor response.

(I have no doubt this ad was another appeal to the Federal Attorney to drop the charges against the two "college kids."

January 1, 2006

To the editor:

After seeing a full-page ad in Sunday’s paper signed by numerous Tucsonans in support of organizations that aid illegal immigrants, I’m compelled to ask has our society gone mad? Many of these people listed have made public appeals to the Arizona Federal Attorney to throw out the charges filed against Shanti Sellz and Daniel Strauss for attempting to transport illegal aliens to Tucson last Summer. Shanti Sells admitted in a pre-trial hearing she was unaware that her trainer, the Rev. John Fife, is a Federal convicted felon who received 5 years probation in 1986 for his roll in transporting illegal aliens in the early 80’s.
    I urge Federal Attorney Charlton not to break to these public pressures and to continue on with his case.
    From the number of names listed on the ad, there are an awful lot of people out there either ignorant of the law and Rev. Fife’s felon status who should get educated about it or they very openly defy the laws of the United States. Those who don’t like existing laws need to respect them until they can get them changed.

"mapwife"
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

GREAT letter, mapwife! Keep us updated on any responses!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

mapwife, let us know if they post your letter in the paper's editorial.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

mapwife great letter-
    do you think you could provide the name of the paper and where the ad was posted? then I could look up the email addys and phone number of the editor the more the merrier

The ad ran in the Sunday Arizona Daily Star.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Today's Arizona Daily Star ran my letter, slightly edited. It appeared as follows and that's better than nothing.

Respect laws until changed
    Re: the Jan. 1 full page ad that said "We Know What is Right."
    Has our society gone mad? Many of these people listed have made public appeals to the federal attorney to throw out the charges filed against Shanti Sellz and Daniel Strauss for attempting to transport illegal aliens to Tucson last summer.
    Sellz, in a pretrial hearing, admitted she was unaware that her trainer, the Rev. John Fife, is a convicted federal felon who received five years probation for his role in transporting illegal aliens. U.S. Attorney Paul K. Charlton should not break under these public pressures and continue with his case.
    From the number of names listed on the ad, I see there are many people out there either ignorant of the law and Rev. Fife's felon status who should get educated about it or they very openly defy the laws of the United States. Those who don't like existing laws need to respect them until they can get them changed.

"mapwife"