Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

the plot thickens
    http://www.phxnews.com/new/fullstory.php?article=16837

AZ School Boards Assoc Blows $10K To Defeat Prop 200

Posted by zoo on Sunday November 28, 2004 at 11:23 am MST [ Send Story to Friend ]
    The Campaign Finance Records of the Arizona Secretary of State documents that on October 8, 2004, The Arizona School Boards Association donated $10,000 to AZ United for Immigration Reform, chaired by Eliseo Medina. The A.S.B.A. is 100% taxpayer funded.
    Arizonans United for Immigration Reform was one of numerous PACs that were part of the "No On Prop 200" campaign, chaired by convicted illegal immigration violater (criminal) Grant Woods.

Public schooling (K-12) is federally mandated and was never in the scope of the reforms targeted by Prop 200, which was common knowledge by anyone even slightly informed. Yet the school board association spent $10K of your tax dollars in the effort to defeat Prop 200, passed by 57% of voters. This money could have been spent on education for your children.

This was another dirty back-room deal where taxpayer money was squandered for political interest, having no bearing on the operations of the state agency who authorized it. Should you wish to let the A.S.B.A. know how much you appreciate their blowing your tax dollars on something that was none of their goddam business, instead of benefiting your children, you can communicate with A.S.B.A. executives here:

http://www.azsba.org/officers.htm

PRESIDENT: Cheryl Main

PRESIDENT-ELECT: Joan Fleming

VICE-PRESIDENT: Rae Waters

SECRETARY: David Esquivel, Sr.

TREASURER: Anthony Bruno

AZ School Boards Assoc Blows $10K To Defeat Prop 200 | Login/Register | 6 comments
    Threshold: -1\n0\n1\n2\n3\n4\n5\n Sort: Oldest first\nNewest first\nHighest scores first\n

Arizona Farm Bureau opposed Prop. 200.

thanks Political Activist-
    No on 200, Arizonans for Real Immigration Reform
    Announce Co-Chairmen and Broad Based
    Coalition of Support Across AZ

September 16, 2004 (Tucson) Today the No on 200, Arizonans for Real Immigration Reform committee announced the initial list of individuals and organizations that are opposed to Proposition 200 and the newly appointed, Statewide Co -Chairmen of the campaign to defeat the initiative. The Co -Chairs will be working with campaign Chairman and former Arizona Attorney General, Grant Woods to lead a campaign committee that is growing daily. In the weeks ahead, numerous additional individuals and organizations will be joining the effort to defeat Proposition 200 and additional announcements will be forthcoming.

The Statewide Co -Chairs announced today in Tucson are:

Bob Walkup, Mayor of Tucson
    Phil Gordon, Mayor of Phoenix
    Julie Pace, Arizona Chamber of Commerce
    Eddie Basha, Chairman of the Board for Basha’s
    John Rivers, Arizona Hospital Association
    Mary Rose Wilcox, Maricopa County Supervisor
    Joe Richards, Coconino County Sheriff
    Billie Shields, United Phoenix Firefighters
    Chairman of the No on 200, Arizonans for Real Immigration Reform committee and former Arizona Attorney General, Grant Woods said, “It is truly amazing to see how quickly the coalition to say No on 200 is growing. There is an understanding by all of the Co -Chairman that our nation needs real immigration reform and there is also a keen understanding among this very broad coalition that Proposition 200 will do absolutely nothing to stop illegal immigration.â€

Thelma, you have been busy! I'm having an information overload moment, but I'll get with you on this and start helping with research when I'm thinking straight again~~~ Hopefully a matter of the weekend.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

that was last night - iam crashed now- recharge your batteries - slyvia

bump

thelma, just printed out all this so I can look at it w/o eyestrain and decide on a work strategy for myself.

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Thelma and Political Activist, a few questions.

First, PolAc, Where did the partial list of donors come from that you posted and where can we get a full list?
    How would you suggest finding out where Arizona United for Immigration Rform [color=red]gets such large sums of money?[/color] This seems to be a good direction to go in (FOLLOW THE MONEY ) Which website are you referring to when you give the info about the Service Employees International Union? Does it say how much they gave?

I would ask the same about the group "Alianza Indigena Sin Fronteras" which sounds pretty reconquista, i.e. who is supporting them and how can we find out?.

Second, Thelma, though I see Home Despot has supported many candidates in theUS House and Senate, I'm not seeing any direct connection with support of the NOON200. Am I missing something? were you able to find a contribution to La Raza?

Home Despot sure has alot of money to throw around, doesn't it?

Third,the link LEADING TO THE PARTIAL LIST OF OPPONENTS: http://www.noon200.com/news/dspnews.cfm?id=5
    Notice: This domain name expired on 01/22/06 and is pending renewal or deletion

Did anyone get the full list of opponents? The site doesn't seem to be there any longer.

I am going to spend some time focusing on the Arizona Pacs that you listed, Thelma. I'll see if I can draw any connections. We already know about the Farm Bureau, but if you read their reasoning on the 2004 Ballot Propositions, They don't seem as virulently pro-illegals as some other groups do, and it would be hard to target them anyway.

I have more tendency to target the companies that are very adamant about this opposition being "mean-spirited", racist, (in other words, it doesn't let Hispanics take over illegally). So I still want to go back to "Who is supporting La Raza" I posted something about that not long ago, but I have to find that info again. I didn't see Home Despot's contribution to La Raza, but that would certainly put them inot our target range.

pm sent to you !
    ah anyone out there know how to break down where pac monies are sent to?
    I mean I know in the lord of the rings that saying the word Friend in Elf language opened the door of Moria - buttt here I'am stumped.

Banned

From the Home Depot website

United We Can/Unidos Podemos
    The Home Depot formed a hiring partnership with four of the country's leading national Hispanic organizations, The ASPIRA Association, Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), National Council of La Raza (NCLR), and SER - Jobs for Progress National. The Home Depot will work with these organizations and their strong network of local offices and contacts to help recruit candidates for full-time and part-time positions across the country.

The program was made possible through the Hispanic Association on Corporate Responsibility (HACR), one of the most influential advocacy organizations in the nation, representing 13 national Hispanic organizations in the United States and Puerto Rico.

Interested candidates can complete an online application at any one of The Home Depot's store employment kiosks or visit careers.homedepot.com/united.

It plainly states that they have a 'partnership' with La Raza. What more do you want to know?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast