Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Yes, Unfortunately Ted Cruz Did Support Trans-Pacific Trade Deal (TPA) – With Video…

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Judy wrote:

Unfortunately Trump himself has admitted to supporting free trade. He may say he'll make better deals, but he still supports free trade. Until he's in a position to 'walk the talk' who knows what kind of deals he would make.
    No, that isn't true. He supports free trade with tariffs and conditions that protect our country and benefit our people, that's protected trade, but if he uses the term protected trade, he'll be attacked as an "isolationist", just like pro-immigration advocates call us "racist" because we want to stop illegal immigration. It's the same reason we're called Americans For Legal Immigration instead of Americans Against Illegal Immigration.

Donald Trump has opposed free trade for at least 30 years that I know of. You can't take two words from a Trump statement and draw a conclusion about his policy or beliefs and get it right, you have to read the whole sentence and paragraph and put it into context with his other statements.

Why do you like Cruz?
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

double post deleted, don't know why this happens sometimes.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    No, that isn't true. He supports free trade with tariffs and conditions that protect our country and benefit our people, that's protected trade, but if he uses the term protected trade, he'll be attacked as an "isolationist", just like pro-immigration advocates call us "racist" because we want to stop illegal immigration. It's the same reason we're called Americans For Legal Immigration instead of Americans Against Illegal Immigration.

Donald Trump has opposed free trade for at least 30 years that I know of. You can't take two words from a Trump statement and draw a conclusion about his policy or beliefs and get it right, you have to read the whole sentence and paragraph and put it into context with his other statements.

Why do you like Cruz?
    Well, if he doesn't support free trade then he needs to stand by his principles and say so. I'm beginning to think Trump himself doesn't really even know what he stands for. Either that or his pandering to the establishment by calling himself a free-trader.

"I love free trade," Donald Trump said at the Fox Business Republican presidential debate. "I'm a free trader, 100 percent!

I know Trump says he can make better deals and I also know he believes many of our trade deals are bad. However, this is all just talk at this point. Unfortunately, since he's not a politician, he has no official voting on record concerning his position of trade.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Don't worry about it MW. Americans know Trump's position on trade. It's been clear as bell for 35 years. If you're having trouble catching up, that's okay. Americans who support Trump don't consider the fact that he's not a politician "unfortunate", we consider it a blessing.

You didn't answer my question, "why do you like Cruz?"

MW
    Don't worry about it MW. Americans know Trump's position on trade. It's been clear as bell for 35 years. If you're having trouble catching up, that's okay. Americans who support Trump don't consider the fact that he's not a politician "unfortunate", we consider it a blessing.

?"You didn't answer my question, "why do you like Cruz
    I'm taking the man at his word. He says he is a 100% supporter of free trade. If you choose not to believe him, that's your prerogative. My point on Trump not being a politician has nothing to do with that being a good or bad thing, but of course you knew that. My point is that there is documentation of where he would have voted on important bills that impact the direction of this country. Had there been, I'm sure we could have found plenty of fault with his voting record, just like we have with the politicians running.

In regards to Cruz, I think my appreciation of him has been well documented on this forum. Is he perfect, no he's not ..... is Trump perfect, no he's not. However, I will say this, he (Cruz) is a conservative on social issues, which you are not. Is it possible that his conservative values on social issues is one of the reasons you seem to despise him so much? Just a thought.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm taking the man at his word. He says he is a 100% supporter of free trade. If you choose not to believe him, that's your prerogative. My point on Trump not being a politician has nothing to do with that being a good or bad thing, but of course you knew that. My point is that there is documentation of where he would have voted on important bills that impact the direction of this country. Had there been, I'm sure we could have found plenty of fault with his voting record, just like we have with the politicians running.

In regards to Cruz, I think my appreciation of him has been well documented on this forum. Is he perfect, no he's not ..... is Trump perfect, no he's not. However, I will say this, he (Cruz) is a conservative on social issues, which you are not. Is it possible that his conservative values on social issues is one of the reasons you seem to despise him so much? Just a thought.
    Oh you don't want to tell me why you support him but would rather guesstimate me why I don't?

That's hilarious!!

Oh, I'll tell you straight up.

1. He supports/supported/voted for legal status for illegal aliens.

2. He supports/voted for free trade treason.

3. He opposes abortion for any reason and wants to force pregnant girls and women into childbirth against their will, which means under his social policy, if his wife or daughter were raped and impregnated by one of these horrible illegal aliens he wants to give permanent legal status without citizenship, the law would force his wife or daughter to give birth to their rapists child even if they didn't want to.

4. He opposes equal rights for gay couples on his personal religious beliefs.

5. He lied during the Debate when cornered by Rubio on his support for legal status for illegal aliens.

6. He has no knowledge, skill or work experience applicable to the issues we need to resolve to fix our country.

7. He wants to carpet-bomb cities to fight terrorism instead of keep Muslim immigrants out of the country.

8. His wife worked for Goldman Sachs.

9. He and his wife both worked in the GW Bush Administration.

10. He's a Harvard Lawyer like Obama.

11. He's not eligible under the US Constitution to hold the office of President of the United States.

12. He held dual citizenship until he renounced his Canadian citizenship in 2014.

13. He's enrolled in Obama Care because his wife took paid leave from her job at Goldman Sachs when he announced in March he wanna be Prezident.

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbyi...-for-obamacare

14. He opposed the Ex-Im Bank which creates manufacturing jobs for our state.

15. His tax plan to revise the income tax code, not the FairTax he sponsors but doesn't use as his tax plan, removes payroll taxes without replacement and calls for funding SS and Medicare through General Revenue without any increase in General Revenue taxes to pay for it, so when it goes broke, there's no separate funding source to save it.

16. He's a full-blown two-faced self-interest self-ambition politician who will do anything and say anything to anyone even his wife, daughters workers and senior citizens to try to advance his political ambition.

I could never in my weakest moment cast a vote for such a person. And most Americans won't either. He's toxic across the board and full spectrum.

Honestly, he makes my skin crawl, I don't even like thinking about him he's so creepy.

I'm so glad you asked, MW. I've needed to get that off my chest for awhile now.
    Last edited by Judy; 01-02-2016 at 01:51 AM.

MW
    Judy wrote:

I'm so glad you asked, MW. I've needed to get that off my chest for awhile now.
    I didn't ask you anything. It doesn't really matter because I imagine most people that already support Cruz already know his position on the issues that are important to them. Besides that, much of what you wrote is editorialized hyperbole anyway.

Oh, you do realize Trump supports some of the same things you're crucifying Cruz for, right?

1. Trump has supported a pathway to citizenship for illegals and still supports their legalization. Cruz has supported legalization in the past, but he has never supported a pathway to citizenhip.

2. Trump, according to his own admission, supports free trade 100%. Cruz voted against the TPA free trade agreement and also voted against cloture on the bill. Who actually knows which way Trump would have voted had the opportunity been available to him.

3. Trump supports traditional marriage and is against homosexual marriage and so is Cruz.

4. Trump is pro-life and so is Cruz.

5. Yes, he is eligible to hold office as the President of the United States, same as McCain was. And who really cares, with the exception of you of course, whether he had dual citizenship or not. He has lived here since childhood and has never done anything to take advantage of dual citizenship. Besides that, it's no longer an issue because he has renounced.

6. Cruz is to be applauded for opposing the Export-Import Bank because it is little more than corporate welfare.

7. Trump isn't pushing for the so-called fair tax and neither is Cruz.

Most of the rest is pretty much editorialized hyperbole or simply irrelevant.
    Last edited by MW; 01-02-2016 at 02:55 AM.

Judy wrote:

I didn't ask you anything. It doesn't really matter because I imagine most people that already support Cruz already know his position on the issues that are important to them. Besides that, much of what you wrote is editorialized hyperbole anyway.
    Oh well actually you did ask me.

MW wrote:

Is it possible that his conservative values on social issues is one of the reasons you seem to despise him so much? Just a thought.
    His positions on social issues are not "conservative values", they're based on his religion.

MW
    Oh well actually you did ask me.

MW wrote:

His positions on social issues are not "conservative values", they're based on his religion.
    Whether you approve or not, in some cases, conservative values are grounded in religion.

Whether you approve or not, in some cases, conservative values are grounded in religion.
    That makes them religious beliefs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123