Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by jjmm
    Too bad you couldn't have just left the drunk there, tarred and feathered him before he woke up.
    I would've been tempted to trap him in a big game net.

I agree with the others about taking legal action. Maybe you can even find others in your area who have had similar experiences. This guy has probably done this before. i can just imagine how startled you were. Citizens need to be aware this is occurring, and the behavior must be publicly censured. If not, companies will just sweep it under the rug.

Quote Originally Posted by jjmm
    Too bad you couldn't have just left the drunk there, tarred and feathered him before he woke up.

I have made a point of complimenting and taking business cards from the services who are American owned and staffed. I mention to them that the very reason I'm hiring them is that they have no illegals on staff. A lot of them get it and are out there fighting everyday to compete against them.

I'm with the advice on taking legal action. What if the drunk had turned dangerous on you, or someone else. It's public drunkenness, plain and simple -- he shou haldve been arrested.

There are so many notices for urinating in public, public drunkenness, sexual exposures, etc. in our area. So many car break ins, stealing registration from cars, etc. This is their daily activity.

Hindsight is always 20/20...I should have called the police immediately but I was in a state of shock at the time. I am so sorry I didn't call the police! It's probably too late to take any legal action now because there is no way to prove the guy was drunk! But I will contact the city attorney's office and talk to them. The problem here in L.A. is that we are controlled by Mexico...from the mayor on down. But this guy definitely should have been hauled off to jail! I missed a great opportunity!

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    AmericanMe, I would be talking to a lawyer if you can. This is not only a terribly wrong for them to be on your property, not speaking English, which very well could have been a HUGE safety issue, since they were trimming limbs around POWER lines. Also, the drinking on your private property, well we all can hope that the county and courts would see this was another legal no-no.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Having recent contact with a power company contracted crew on a day long project, I can tell you that any supervisor that knowingly allowed not just the main perp as described in the OP, but also the ones that were helping to cover up such acts... would be fired immediately and unceremoniously (well, at least here in my local area). And let me do a public 'thank you' to Asplundh for a complex tree felling/limbing job done flawlessly and most professionally. I just wish AmericanMe had the benefit of the same work crew...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

American Me -

If you don't contact a lawyer, at least send your letter in as a letter to the editor of your local paper. Then sit back and watch the fun. If they don't print it in a few days, e-mail them and ask why not. They usually don't answer back, they just print it.

In fact, I encourgage everyone to be very active in submitting letters to the editor. It's a blast! I consider it a hobby and a form of recreation.
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12