Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This must be some of the propaganda Calderon is speading to ease the mind of Americans......OH ya I feel better about being taken over by another country to the point we don't recognize our towns any more, don't you?
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I am tired of being clubbed over the head with this propaganda crap,this article has so much wrong with it I don't even know where to begin!
    First NO other immigrants have insisted that stores,gov't and schools adopt their language as an option for not wanting to speak English
    NO other group of immigrants has made it nearly impossible to get OR keep a job because of insisting on refusing to learn the native language of the country.

Something I've noticed in ALL of the articles/info pertaining to the Latino movement-they ALL act as though Latino/hispanic people have NEVER been in this country before!
    As for the local festivals-no one is holding them in German,Mandarin or any other language.

One comment I like to make that usually trips the IAs and their supporters up-How would the people in your native country feel if the situation was reversed?Tons of English speaking Americans flooding your country,insisting on YOU learning English,taking your jobs,commiting crimes, all the while telling you how much we will benefit you.
    Rant over.
    Rawhide!

One reason Lathim isn't more concerned about the changing population is because of his understanding of history and immigration. Every other immigrant group that has settled in the United States has eventually assimilated, he said
    And here lies the problem these illegals don't assimilate like other immigrants did, these illegals take over and change our way of life.

Illegals currently in the country should not receive any special pathways to legalization or amnesties. They must go home, apply, and get to the back of the real line and wait. This can be done by attrition and enforcement of laws, with resources committed to finding and deporting the 600,000 or so most dangerous illegal alien fugitives. In conjunction with this, although I support legal immigration, we have to look at the overall numbers being allowed in. A time out is probably in order to allow us to absorb the millions who have emigrated here over the past 30 years or so and rectify the imbalance of one country (Mexico) sending a disproportionate amount.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is exactly right:

"White flight," the study found, isn't "solely attributable to prejudice, but also to perceived changes in the quality of community life."

That's right. I do not want to live next to the culture. It's loud, the children are unruly, they won't assimilate, and sometimes - not always- the maintenance of the neighborhood goes way down. Cars are parked on lawns. Fences aren't mended, homes aren't painted, and if they are, they are loud bright colors that don't blend with the rest of the neighborhood. Thank God I live with CC&R's now.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't think it will be a 'blend' - I think it will be predominately Mexican.

Living in Texas, the Mexican culture has been part of our ours forever.

The part of the 'culture' that is hard to accept is the blatant lawbreaking, the welfare, the disrespect for the country and it's people. It was not that way with the Americans of Mexican descent that have been our neighbors.
    They origins were from another country, as was ours. They usually knew Spanish and English, but spoke English. We all shared the country, loved it, respected it - and each other, we shared the culture and food of our ancestors. That's not the way it is anymore.

The one thing I do agree, there will be intermarriage. I have already seen quite a bit of that. Last time I was back in NE Texas, I was surprised to see at least 3 grandparents, old farmers I knew, with grandbabies that were American/Mexican.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffdid
    One reason Lathim isn't more concerned about the changing population is because of his understanding of history and immigration. Every other immigrant group that has settled in the United States has eventually assimilated, he said
    And here lies the problem these illegals don't assimilate like other immigrants did, these illegals take over and change our way of life.
    Not only do illegals change our way of life. They have ruined our lives! The politicians who pander to these lawbreakers and the country they came from need to be behind bars for treason!

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    It is so sad, so heart-breaking. We've become strangers in our own nation.
    Youre right and Tancredo is the only hope as He's the only one that wants to stop illegal and legal immigration. THere's no hope for the young Amercians unless something is done - now

It isn't Just California it is the whole Country Just makes me sick because what La Raza has threaten they are doing with the help of our goverment They always talk about other immagrants but I don't think I have ever heard another language besides ENGLISH and spanish, the rest that come are willing to change to fit in, the Latinos just want to change us and OUR COUNTRY !
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

That doesn't mean Hispanics are trying to turn the Tri-Cities into Mexico, he said.
    IT SURE SEEMS LIKE THEY WANT TO CHANGE IT INTO ANOTHER MEXICO. IF BUSH COMMENTED, HE WOULD PROBABLY SAY TO THEM "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED".

They are not part of the "melting pot" because they don't want to assimilate. I am getting tired of a specific group of people whining about our laws and demanding things that don't belong to them.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast