Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Your Predictions on Cameras on Border

Hello, new here, from East TX, nice to meet everyone.

Now, will cut to the chase..

Been following the illegal immigration stuff for a while and I'm very excited to learn that Gov Perry is planning to install cameras all along the border. After installation, internet users will be able to see the borders in real time.

I think this is a revolutionary delevopment in the fight against illegal crossers. And think Americans' eyes will be wide open when they start seeing either live feed video or recorded vids of people who have saved clips which display illegals or drug trafficers crossing our borders.

I'm just curious if anyone else believe this will be as huge as I think it will be? I'm thinking possible reality show.. jk

l8r

Cameras on border

I think it is a good idea for another reason. When the national guard is down there, people will get to see illegals cross our border unchecked. We might even catch big!!!! groups crossing with impunity. This would be just one more piece of evidence to prove the President's plan won't work. We have got to stop them. After that, we can concentrate on the support groups like Mecha, La Raaza and MALDEF.

I'm all for it. At this point, I'll try anything. It's better than what Bush has been doing for 5 straight years!

I’m skeptical about the effectiveness of “spotting” illegals and coordinating what I call the Mouse Minutemen, with border agents on the ground. It might work and it might not.

However, it will give the American public a way to see the severity of the problem for themselves. People that don't live in major cities, in border states, may not realize what is going on. I live it and see it every day. However, some Americans are sheltered from it.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If you compare the country with the house , then it is logical to keep the doors locked / after all this is what the doors are designed for /
    William Gheen gave a very up to the point talk which makes very simple complicated things . If someone broke into the house - this is WRONG .
    If someone grives through the red light - this is WRONG . It does not matter - whether the person is drunk , or in a hurry , or blind , or does not know the rules , or does not speak English , whether he is black or white - this is all irrelevant .
    " Do not compromise yourself . You are all you've got ." -Janice Joplin .

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    That is a good way to put it. Since we will not stoop to the level they are used to being on, then the two will never meet and see eye to eye, on anything.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think it is a good idea.
    I have also heard rumors that the Border Patrol will have use of the military satellite real time videos, if this happens they can also catch the runners (coyotes) and put them in jail as well. It could be a very effective way to secure our border.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    I’m skeptical about the effectiveness of “spotting” illegals and coordinating what I call the Mouse Minutemen, with border agents on the ground. It might work and it might not.
    "MOUSE MINUTEMEN" lol Dixie!
    “Homeland Security? What Homeland Security ?”

Welcome East TX Dude!

I have heard about this as well. In West TX, there has been surveillance equipment for as long as I've been running I-10. The problem as I see it is that there aren't enough BP on the border to get to the places where the people are crossing fast enough to stop them.

I think Gov. Perry is clutching at straws hoping to get the people involved. And if people who don't want the illegals to cross can see them, then people who DO want illegal crossers to come can see the ranks in place who are there to stop them. How long before the Houston, Brownsville, laredo and el paso radio stations start broadcasting to the illegals where all the BP and Nat'l Guardsmen are?

And if there is just one incident that even LOOKS suspicious, such as the sheep herder who got shot for firing on the US Marines who was memorialized in a movie, what will the media do with THAT information?

I think it is a silly idea that will just waste more tax dollars. I wish it would work but I don't see it happening.

Errr...watching them cross the border via video camera. Hmmm
    this will certainly work to make lotsa Texans plenty ticked.

I know, I r one....

MJ
    (very ticked Texan)

As hard as they are selling this warm and fuzzy amnesty thing it would not be surprising to see them selling the idea through video.

1. The cameras are going to be placed in relatively quiet, peaceful areas where all the trash has been picked and no ILLEGAL traffic.

2. The feeds to the internet will be relatively quiet, peaceful areas where all the trash has been picked and no ILLEGAL traffic.

3. There are no cameras at all and the video loop feed to the internet will be relatively quiet, peaceful areas where all the trash has been picked and no ILLEGAL traffic. Watch for movement such as birds or bushes moving that continue to repeat over and ever again.

4. There are no cameras at all and the video loop feed to the internet will be of our neighbors to the south singing the Star Spangled Banner after dinner and enjoying some apple pie and milk.

5. Just kidding I think.

I have your back but, I think we are outnumbered.

Trouble

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast