Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

YOUR VIEW: Illegal immigrants should pack up and go home

YOUR VIEW: Illegal immigrants should pack up and go home
    blog.al.com
    By Letters from our readers
    Published: Saturday, September 17, 2011, 5:30 AM

A poll several weeks ago reported by The Birmingham News said approximately 80 percent of the people in Alabama supported the immigration bill passed by the Alabama Legislature.

In my opinion, it seems logical the immigration laws of America were established for some reason other than to mistreat people who wanted to come to live in our country. Millions of people have abided by those laws and gone through the process.

Now we are faced with 11 million or 12 million people within our borders who got here by avoiding the process and our laws. We are expected to feed them, house them, educate them and provide medical services for them. It's a nice thought to provide for the world, but there are limits on giving and, given the circumstances this country is presently in, we have gone beyond our ability to do that and still provide for our citizens who also desperately need help.

And this is beside the fact these people are here illegally (oh my, I was trying not to use that beleaguered word). I know they are already here and have become accustomed to being here, but they knew what they were doing when they crossed the border and what the eventual consequences might be.

I have no animosity toward these people whatsoever. God bless them. But they need to pack up their belongings and head back home. If they then want to come to our wonderful country to live, by all means put in an application to do so. Again, like millions before them.

Buford McCarty

Vestavia Hills

http://blog.al.com/birmingham-news-comm ... s_s_2.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

you are 100 % they all should pack the hell up & go home . don't for get Obama
    No amnesty
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)