Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I got Carbonite to make sure I dont lose my "stuff"!!!! Should the worst
    happen I can get everything back.
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    I'm not getting NumbersUSA emails anymore either. I've been wondering about that.
    Back in December I received two e-mails from NumbersUSA stating that their e-mails to members had been blocked by most major service providers. This prompted NumbersUSA to re-send the same e-mail to everyone twice, in the hope that it would get to those who didn't get it before.

They said they were going to investigate this in the new year but I haven't heard anything since. I HAVE heard however that quite a few service providers have their systems set up to block any communications from so-called anti-illegal immigration groups. Comcast, for instance, has admitted to filtering out anti-illegal immigration e-mail messages.

I'd just like to know who gave them that right??!!

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJustice
    Thanks for info.

I ran the Symantec Security check/virus scan. It went through over 100,000 files and the report was (1) file infected.

c:\Program Files\DIGStream\digstream.exe is infected with Downloader

So how do I get rid of it?
    digstream.exe is a process that comes from the ESPN website. This is a non-essential process.

Removing the software from any of the above 3 content providers is done through the "Add/Remove Programs" icon in the Control Panel.

Also, make sure we are all running a spyware sweeper program that runs in the background and monitors all site you visit. Also get a good virus software that has internet monitoring capabilities.

I have talked to a few experts in internet security and they warned me to be very careful of using these "free" spy sweeper softwares. They said most of them are free because they are loaded with spyware. This is how they make their money.

I also got NOD32, it is a very light and very reliable virus software. It constantly monitors files, Microsoft Office, MS Outlook, and the the internet. Never had a problem with this site or any other. But NOD32 has blocked a few threats on some other sites concerning immigration.

If you suspect someone might be using your computer you can always run netstat or netstat -a from your command prompt. This should show all the open ports on your computer and list the isp numbers connected. You can check each ip number and find out who is connected. Most of have access to the command prompt by going to START, ALL PROGRAMS, ACCESSORIES.

ESTABLISHED - Both hosts are connected.
    CLOSING - The remote host has agreed to close its connection.
    LISTENING - Your computer is waiting to handle an incoming connection.
    SYN_RCVD - A remote host has asked for you to start a connection.
    SYN_SENT - Your computer has accepted to start a connection.
    LAST_ACK - Your computer needs to obliterate the packets before closing the connection.
    TIMED_WAIT - See above.
    CLOSE_WAIT - The remote host is closing its connection with your computer.
    FIN_WAIT 1 - A client is closing its connection.
    FIN_WAIT 2 - Both hosts have agreed to close the connection.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    I have McAfee Security - Everything was turned off, firewall protection etc., it told me to fix it, but wouldn't let me and when I went into manage network it told me that a unauthorized computer was controlling my computer. I ended up having to restore my computer. I am going to let AOL know what happened, I don't think it was them because I can't see them deleting files so that my AOL wouldn't work.
    Wow, sounds like your computer became a Zombie. This happened once to me when I had Norton Internet Security. Despite updating it three times a week, this happened. So not only did I get rid of Norton, my computer guru said never to use McAfee. When I was removing Norton, it was like it didn't want to leave. I used Add and Remove first to get at Norton, then later my new utilities program in SS. So for several years now, I have used System Suite, and several other spyware killers. You can use several spyware programs, they won't conflict like anti-virus, or firewalls. I've satisfied with System Suite. This is not to say I have not have problems configuring this program. I am saying my system has not been compromised.

"TANSTAAFL" Robert A. Heinlein

We got rid of AOL just because of all the spyware. We'd go in and check our mail and that was all and we had all kinds of spyware. AOL is on its way out.

We had the Love virus many years ago. We have a friend who is a systems designer. It came in on a friends email. He was working and saw it coming through and shut everything down as fast as he could. He said it went around his firewalls, everything. He was down for a few days we we're down for a couple of weeks.

There is something to said about a Mac.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Spyware

On a side note, there was this problem with spyware from visiting the Sears and Kmart sites that some of you might not have heard about. Join the Sears community and get Spyware. http://community.ca.com/blogs/securitya ... yware.aspx

There was a Valentine's Day Storm Worm making the rounds. My gmail caught all that sending it to the spam folder. You probably read about this in Snopes.
    "TANSTAAFL" Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by safari
    I have been running Lavasoft Ad-ware & sometimes I have to run it once in the am and once in the pm (you can get a free version or paid subscription). This came to me as a reference from our IP provider.

I generally do a tracksweep first and then run a full system scan. If you are using your cpu while it runs, you will not be able to fully "clean out the tracking" but if you run completely without using other web sites, you can get all of that nasty stuff cleaned out of your cpu.

Like all of you, I have been having problems since about October, too. We've even changed the IP provider.

At times I've had problems getting messages from both the Alipac site and from numbersusa BUT as of late, I've been getting duplicates from numbersusa which is ok by me. I can always delete anything I don't want to keep in the file.
    Lava soft usually will only pick up a handful, then I run spybot and get about 80 more.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My computer has been down and sluggish the past week or so. My mcAfee keeps turning itself off too. I am supposed to be good until my husband has time to check it out on Wednesday.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    I also have not been receiving my NumbersUSA emails.

MAYBE SOMEONE COMPROMISED NUMBERSUSA DATABASE??
    I just contacted my provider about this yesterday. She confirmed that NumbersUsa was being blocked, because they send hundreds of notices and it looked like they were being "spammed" by their server( or something like that).

I have to work on FAIR next. Isn't it strange or a coincidence that ALL of the three orgs that were blocked from my computer, happen to be anti-illegal immigration sites?
    Did they fix it BB? If not we may have some federal laws that could apply to the ISP's blocking free speech.
    They did fix it. My husband was prepared this time because he kept all the information like tele #'s and names of people he spoke with last time this happened.
    I really believe that PROVIDERS who are against our cause, are purposely blocking out websites.

I wouldn't be surprised. Remember, most are using outsourced people.

If you have real problems, check into Sonic.net. it is California based and local in Santa Rosa, CA. Their support is all their too.
    I guess I spoke too soon. I always TRUST what people say, before I verify. Anyway, NumbersUSA is NOT coming through. So- I guess I will be calling to report this problem again.
    I REALLY BELIEVE THEY ARE TAKING IT UPON THEMSELVES TO BLOCK NumbersUSA and FAIR, because the provider is PRO-illegal.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is the best anti-virus program I have used and it's free.
    You must completely remove Norton if you have it to run this. I hate Norton it slowed down my PC, I have been very happy with AVG. You must completely remove Norton to run this, you can remove Norton with this. Be sure you have an Anti-Virus and Firewall before you go back online.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ts ... 3108162039

Link to free AVG

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/

Here is an awesome free firewall program. It will ask you if you want certain programs to run and is a very effective firewall.

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/f ... tion.html#

And here is a nice little free sypware program you can run for quick scans.

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/f ... ption.html

I have all three on all my PC's and I am very happy with the performance and protection.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678