Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I would just like to say that 99.9% of the time computer problems aren't due to hackers.

Digstream.exe is a process that comes from media streams on the ESPN website. It may be detected as spyware, but apprently it is common. Downloader can mean a number of things, it may be that your AntiVirus or spyware software sees a process that downloads things and it raises a question mark.

http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/digstream

However virus can name themseleves anything they want, so if you got a message like this:
    C:\Program Files\DIGStream\digstream.exe Infected: not-a-virusownloader.Win32.DigStream
    Or similar just delete the file digstream.exe. If the file is needed when you visit ESPN it will put another copy on your computer.

I would just like to say that it can be very easy to fill in the blanks with hackers, but usually there is a common problem that is occuring that can be fixed.

Spam is simply the result of an email server (yours) taking a look at some rudimentary things and marking the email as spam. Usually if a website sends a mass email on a regular basis, it can be marked as spam. As your email server may simply see that something is sending off a ton of email, of the same content, to a large list of people. This is one way things can get flagged as spam. This can happen on an account after some time, when email you have been receiving is not spam then all of the sudden it is, this simply means that your email client (outlook) or if you check email via a web page (hotmail, yahoo) flagged the incoming message as junk. These clients as constantly trying to "learn" what is junk and what isn't based on some simplistic mathematical things.

When you had a "user" account on there that you couldn't get rid of my first guess would be to say that you upgraded from XP to Vista. Maybe it was a new computer that came with XP and had a Vista upgrade dvd. If the account was S17217826871 or something like an S with numbers behind it, that is simply an orphaned account from possible shared hard drives, another user account on your local network (say your old comp) or it can just be some old permission set on an old hard drive. Like say you installed an additional drive from an old machine, or are sharing a drive where permissions were on it from another box, this orphaned account can show up. In any event, usually when your computer is compromised it is at a root level so it wouldn't be so easy to see and if you have a firewall, the chances of a user making a connection are minimal.

If you have a windows computer you can download the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/securi ... t.mspx#ESD

Click on download now. You run it and it will tell you of any potential security problems and how to fix them. Its a great tool. But I just wanted to add that most of the time it isn't a hacker.

The same type thing hsappened to us just after Christmas com not even sign into web site would stop processing, everything..

I had to go restore back a week befopre I could get on line abd still got the waring that my compyter was not protected it took our provider 2 days to find the problem and restore my security programs, anf they did not kknow how it happened or why they could not trace the address thsat went in and shut down my security systems , but they did know it was done from a remoter site.

My advice, anyone using AOL is going to have problems. They seem to "police" everything coming to you and disguise it as "security protection" I use Norton and have not had any problems. At work I switched to Firefox and here is where I most communicate.

Darn I should have reviewed my post before I sent .. I really can spell ..

But my provider is not AOL..

I just saw this happen in front of my eyes.

I had two mails from ALIPAC. As my mail was loading, I saw a mail with the subject line America's Worst Nightmare. Then within a split second it disappeared out of my in box and cannot be found on my system anywhere.

There was a second mail from ALIPAC that did go through. The subject line was How to report election problems.

I would be curious to know if these two mails were sent to me from two different ALIPAC e mail addresses. That way we would know which one is being censored.

Now, to figure out how to fix this problem. I tried running a virus check before I went to bed last night but when I woke up this morning the scan had been interrupted and there was some AOL page on my desktop. I don't even subscribe to AOL.

I am 80% computer illiterate if anyone can help me fix this, in layman's language )) .

I worked for Intel where protection against industrial espionage was drilled into our heads. You would not believe what hackers are capable of doing.

How many of us have had problems with our computers and talked to techs on the phone and had them take over our computers to fix the problem? I've known since June that someone has been following me on the internet. I made sure I had security protection against virus's and watched what I said and where I went. But when my whole security system was shut down I figured it was time to warn my friends on ALIPAC to make sure they check their computers. Now when I go on my computer I check first thing to make sure all security is on.

Quote Originally Posted by gofer
    I just received a NumbersUSA message in the last 2 hours.
    Sometimes I will read something on Alipac from a user about Numbers USAs "action request', but I dont receive it on my computer. There have been weeks that will pass without an email from them, but if I go on their sight I will see "action requests" that have been listed for a few weeks. I then have to catch up. I JUST DONT KNOW WHERE THESE EMAILS FROM NUMBERS GO. And I don't see them listed under my "screened mail" or "spam" boxes.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I also have not been receiving my NumbersUSA emails.

MAYBE SOMEONE COMPROMISED NUMBERSUSA DATABASE??
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

This is a serious matter.

YESTERDAY,
    My security and ip was disabled on my computer,
    The day before I went to some Pro-Amnesty websites to see what the opposition was saying. All my software is up to date and I called Tech support for my high speed internet service. After about 30 minutes we got the problems resolved. Not knowing how this happened originally, I went back to some of those same Pro-Amnesty wesites last night and today, I had the same problem again.

Some of these Pro-Amnesty websites are definitly doing something. I've never had a problem until I went to those sites. After I post this I am going to clean cookies and run a virus sweeper. I have 2 firewalls right now so the fact that they got in is pretty amazing.

Of course, it could be the government.
    Unless we get those criminals & make them pay for what they have done to our country and the lawlessness they have sponsored, we are just another Mexico ourselves!

Update regarding hibernate, stand-by and hard drive encryption...

Actual shutdown/powerdown seem to be the default best "off" mode...and even then the hard drive encryption companies have some work to do:

http://www.eff.org/press/archives/2008/02/21-0

=
    Not serious about illegals, outsourcing and insourcing? Wait until magicians pull illegals out of their hats...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast