Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    nntrixie wrote:

We can do it, but it would more effective to target not just McDonald's, but all fast food.
    Do you actually think we can convince Americans to give up ALL fast food? Personally, I don't think so.

[quote:3hv8v4pb]I would like to see a nationwide, ongoing, constant boycott of Wal Mart - in addition to the others.
    Not going to happen, especially with the economy tanking. Actually, a sinking economy will send more consumers to places like Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Sam's, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see each of the places you mentioned boycotted. However, IMO, I think your expectation are a little unrealistic. Just saying......... [/quote:3hv8v4pb]

RIGHT NOW IT WILL BE HARD TO AVOID CHINESE GOODS. BUT WE CAN BUY AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE. IF YOU CAN BUY SOMETHING USED THEN DO IT. EVEN IF WE "CUT DOWN"...IT WILL HAVE A HUGE EFFECT ON WALMART.

ALSO DONT THROW AWAY ANTHING THAT IS IN DECENT CONDITION. FIRST ASK FRIENDS AND FAMILY IF THEY WOULD LIKE IT. IT MAY BE SOMETHING THEY CAN USE AND HELP OTHERS NOT TO BUY FROM WALMART.

IT CAN BE THINGS LIKE PICTURE FRAMES OR DISHES...BINDERS, ...STUFF LIKE THAT. EVEN CASUAL CLOTHING, JACKETS AND SO ON. CHAIRS, TABLES. DONT THROW IT AWAY IF IT IS USABLE. SHELVES, NIGHTSTANDS, TV STANDS, BOOKS, FILE BOXES, DVD'S. IF THERE ARE MARKS ON FURNITURE ITEMS, YOU CAN ALWAYS THROW A TABLE TOPPER ON IT.

MAKE USE OF EVERYTHING.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I was never a fan of WalMart just because of the cheap Chinese goods, but having gone there a couple of times in the last couple years, I actually found a plastic pillbox made in the US, and also a rolling pin made here. I bought them both after leaning for a while on the shopping cart, trying to get over the shock that there was still some manufacturing industry in the US.
    My boycott of Chinese products has been going on for a long time, but often there is no other choice. And I am learning some Spanish from the multilingual boxes and tags.

There have been some great tips for saving money on this thread. Let me offer a few more: Learn to sew clothes (even footballer Rosey Grier did needlepoint and wrote a book about it); those in colder climes should learn to knit or crochet.
    Let's face it--this is not the America we grew up in.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Speaking of passing this (an amnesty) just like bailout -- make sure what was noticed here.

Firstly, they are going to try to use the failing economy as the reason to allow illegals an amnesty -- saying they have spending power, they "do jobs we won't" (bs), that it is just better for businesses employing them to keep them so disruption won't occur, that enforcement is too costly,
    e-verify is too costly, enforcement is hindering the natural human growth of "people who just want to work", .....(some more nice sounding sellers perhaps) .....that the economy will be given a stimulus by allowing illegals to come 'out of shadows', that the U.S. economy now simply depends on these illegals holding their jobs....blah,blah

Then, just like this bailout episode was pulled off, watch for some kind of generated "crisis" on the Border or perhaps elsewhere (say, Chicago or L.A.) --- trying to whip up a media frenzy.....just about a week before Congress is about to go on recess ---- when is that recess? -- mid March or April?? Some sort of "humanitarian" -- water desert deaths or riot crisis at the Border, or drug cartel murdering ---- oh, that the only way to "calm people down" is to give an amnesty---- meanwhile putting in the legislation some of the most anti-U.S., anti-Constitution, wide-open Border destroyer, DHS all powerful dictate details ......and then ramming it on Congress (just before recess mind you) .....to JUST TRUST US, hurry up, do what "the president" tells you and just pass this (don't forget the pork)...... and then telling Congress that they are going to vote on it ---- the exact same bill over and over and over and over again until they say yes ---- meanwhile having a President and Vice-President hanging over there shoulder yelling swear words at them......oh and don't forget ---- it's a "rescue plan" --- why it's an "emergency".....

This bailout episode may have done good because they may have slit their throats about any such amnesty with pissed off Americans bristling at ANY MENTION of further harming our families and children...

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    I was never a fan of WalMart just because of the cheap Chinese goods, but having gone there a couple of times in the last couple years, I actually found a plastic pillbox made in the US, and also a rolling pin made here. I bought them both after leaning for a while on the shopping cart, trying to get over the shock that there was still some manufacturing industry in the US.

My boycott of Chinese products has been going on for a long time, but often there is no other choice. And I am learning some Spanish from the multilingual boxes and tags.

There have been some great tips for saving money on this thread. Let me offer a few more: Learn to sew clothes (even footballer Rosey Grier did needlepoint and wrote a book about it); those in colder climes should learn to knit or crochet.
    Let's face it--this is not the America we grew up in.
    LOL...LOL. I ONCE WAS IN ACE HARDWARE. I WAS NOT LOOKING FOR A BAKING PAN BUT ENDED UP BUYING ONE.

IT HAPPENED TO BE IN THE SAME ISLE AS AN ITEM THAT I WAS LOOKING FOR. AND THE LABEL CAUGHT MY EYE BECAUSE IT SAID MADE IN USA. I BOUGHT IT.

I FIGURED SOMEDAY I WOULD NEED A BAKING PAN ANYWAY. I STILL HAVE NOT USED IT. IT SAYS MADE IN USA. THE WAY THINGS ARE GOING IT COULD BE WORTH A LOT OF MONEY SOMEDAY. I EXPECT IT TO BECOME SO RARE THAT I CAN SELL IT AT A HEFTY PROFIT.

MW
    RonLaws wrote:

Firstly, they are going to try to use the failing economy as the reason to allow illegals an amnesty
    Actually, a poor economy should invigorate our message for enforcement and enhanced border security. Trust me, unemployed Americans that can't find a job don't typically view immigration (legal and/or illegal) in a favorable light. Low wage earners and the middle class definitely don't want to introduce more competition into an economy with a shrinking job market.

Honestly, as the economy worsens, I expect our ranks (those against illegal immigration) to grow and become more active. With that growth will come a larger voice. A poor economy may be what saves us from an amnesty next year.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

redpony & Vortex

And I thought I as the only one who actually bought things just because they were 'Made in the USA'. And yes, I tried to rationalize it by telling my husband someday it would be a collector's item.

Good ideas about buying used, making do, reuse, trade.

Freecycle is a great way to find new owners for things and to find things you need.

RonLaws

It has always been in the back of my mind the government was going to create some chaos using the illegals - then martial law becomes necessary, or amnesty, or who knows.

We are never going to get 100% on any boycott - be it fast food or caviar. That's not the aim. The aim is to do as much as we possibly can and get as many illegals to return home as we can.

On one boycott some of us can go 100%, some can't, the next maybe others can do 100%, etc. We can all do what we can, as much as we can.

A boycott doesn't have to last forever to have an effect. The idea is not to put them out of business forever, just get their attention and get them to change their ways. Surely enough of us could forego fast food for a month? If you can't, then only buy the cheaper items - and drink water. The idea is to keep as much of our money from them as possible.

If we target the big ones who employ the men and pay the good wages, and should they return home, the wives and children will go with them, and their employers will not be employing illegals.

Also, if some of these employers see a boycott having an effect, they hopefully would have second thoughts about hiring or employing illegals.

The good things about using our money as a weapon is we can use it no matter what. Should our government, once again, betray us, and pass an amnesty, we can still boycott those businesses that employ the newly legalized.

This way we can bypass the government and actually do something. It will be relatively painless, and who knows - even the government might take notice.

The trick will be to be together and concentrating on one true boycott at a time. While we are working together at buying no product of one industry, we can all come up with ways to keep as much of our money as we can.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456