Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We can do it, but it would more effective to target not just McDonald's, but all fast food. The illegals would just move over to another fast food place, if we go after one at a time.

We could do all fast food - and that's a good idea. Maybe it would not be best for the first boycott.

Just my thinking and help me out here. Those jobs are mostly women and young people. If they lost their jobs, it would hurt, but it might not make them return home.

If we went after something big - like beef, pork, chicken. Yes, women are employed there, but men to a larger degree. These industries provide jobs for grown male illegals. They are, mostly, better paying than some others. The loss of their jobs, would have a more immediate and possibly permanent effect.

I would like to see a nationwide, ongoing, constant boycott of Wal Mart - in addition to the others.

With Wal Mart, if we could slow down the flow of cheap Chinese goods, I'm thinking the entire country would be better. We would have more money in our pockets, and be safer as well.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    nntrixie wrote:

We can do it, but it would more effective to target not just McDonald's, but all fast food.
    Do you actually think we can convince Americans to give up ALL fast food? Personally, I don't think so.

I would like to see a nationwide, ongoing, constant boycott of Wal Mart - in addition to the others.
    Not going to happen, especially with the economy tanking. Actually, a sinking economy will send more consumers to places like Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Sam's, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see each of the places you mentioned boycotted. However, IMO, I think your expectation are a little unrealistic. Just saying.........

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It ain't much but with McCain you may have more border security with the amnesty while I believe Obama will open the border totally. House Republicans may be able to approach McCain unlike Bush but forget it with Obama. It ain't much but it is something folks!

E-Verify again in March, 2009; get ready start now. Make it Federal Law that employers and landlords are required to E-Verify everyone. Require 297g Program by Federal Law in all states, too. It seems that a fifth of the states are starting use E-Verify and 287g Program. But it seems that 31 states are at least moving on undocumented immigration problems. ICE and the Immigration Courts get busy.

http://www.capsweb.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... &sk=t&sd=a
    E-Verify
    by Buzzm1 on Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:06 am

Quote:
    The House bill would keep E-Verify a voluntary program,
    even though some states, including Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Minnesota, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina and most recently Missouri have all mandated its use in some form

E-Verify required for ----STATE----PRIVATE------ employers (* pending, X implemented)Alabama
    Alaska --------------------*
    Arizona -------------------X--------X went into effect April, 2008
    Arkansas
    California------------------ *
    Colorado ------------------X--------X
    Connecticut
    Delaware
    District of Columbia
    Florida
    Georgia -------------------X---------X
    Hawaii
    Idaho ---------------------X
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Iowa
    Kansas --------------------*
    Kentucky------------------ *
    Louisiana------------------ *
    Maine
    Maryland ------------------*
    Massachusetts
    Michigan
    Minnesota
    Mississippi -----------------X-----------X E-Verify becomes law July 1, 2008
    Missouri -------------------X-----------X passed E-Verify on May 16, 2008
    Montana
    Nebraska
    Nevada
    New Hampshire
    New Jersey
    New Mexico
    New York
    North Carolina -------------X
    North Dakota
    Ohio
    Oklahoma------------------X---------X went into effect Nov., 2007
    Oregon
    Pennsylvania---------------X
    Rhode Island---------------------------
    South Carolina-------------X---------X
    South Dakota
    Tennessee ----------------*
    Texas ---------------------*
    Utah ----------------------*-----------*
    Vermont
    Virginia --------------------*-----------*
    Virgin Islands
    Washington
    West Virginia
    Wisconsin
    Wyoming (Unquote)

287(g) + E-Verify + SSN no match = Attrition through
    enforcement
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by alipacdude
    It ain't much but with McCain you may have more border security with the amnesty while I believe Obama will open the border totally. House Republicans may be able to approach McCain unlike Bush but forget it with Obama. It ain't much but it is something folks!
    With Mc Cain, like Bush we will have a dictator mentality. He is not going to listen to anyone !!! A vote for Mc Cain is a vote for oppression. Obama is no better!Think out of the box..... cast a vote for the American people and freedom from oppression.

April

I think you are right. Border Security is a buzzword for 'let's toss them this bone and hope it will keep them busy until we can get amnesty'.

We could seal off that border so tight a horned toad couldn't get through, but we'd still be occupied with 20-30-50 million illegals producing children every day. That's enough to take us down - they don't need any more.

Congress Extends E-Verify for Six Months
    Tuesday, 30 September 2008
    Federation for American Immigration Reform

On Saturday, September 27th, Congress completed work on H.R. 2638, a continuing resolution (CR) that contained a short-term reauthorization of E-Verify, extending the program until March 6, 2009. This leaves the program vulnerable to a new administration and a new Congress using it as a bargaining chip in attempts to pass amnesty for illegal aliens. The Senate passed this stop-gap spending bill on Saturday on a 78-12 vote, while the House had passed it earlier in the week by a 370-58 vote. The CR is designed to fund government operations until Congress reconvenes after the first of the year.
    As of Monday morning, the Senate had failed to take up H.R. 6633, a five year reauthorization of E-Verify that had passed the House on July 31st by a 407-2 vote. For months, E-Verify has been placed on hold in the Senate by Senator Robert Menendez (D-NJ) unless the Senate would agree to include two controversial provisions which would "recapture" visas that went un-issued between 1992 and 2007, adding an estimated 570,000 extra visas to the immigration system. (See, FAIR Legislative Update , September 22, 200

The CR also continues government operations at 2008 levels, and provides $600 billion in fiscal 2009 spending for the departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs and Homeland Security. (Roll Call Gallery Watch, September 27, 200

In addition to the short extension of E-Verify, the CR contains funding for the program through fiscal year 2009 at $100 million. (H.R. 2638, Title 4)

The bill also provides $9.82 billion for Customs and Border Protection, which is $334 million above the President's request and $398 million above the 2008 spending level. This includes:

* 2,200 new Border Patrol agents
    * $775 million, for Border Security, Infrastructure and Technology

Immigration and Customs Enforcement is funded at $4.99 billion, $254 million above 2008 and $241 million above the President's request, including:

* $1 billion to identify dangerous criminal aliens and prioritize these individuals for removal once an immigration judge orders them deported
    * State and local immigration enforcement programs that are funded at $99.7 million, $2.2 million more than requested. The 287(g) program to assist and train local law enforcement to enforce immigration laws and coordinate with ICE, is funded at $54 million, $14 million above 2008 and equal to the request. (U.S. House Appropriations Committee DHS Summary)

http://www.borderfirereport.net/latest/ ... onths.html

Re: E-Verify
    Postby Buzzm1 on Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:14 pm

April
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    April

I think you are right. Border Security is a buzzword for 'let's toss them this bone and hope it will keep them busy until we can get amnesty'.

We could seal off that border so tight a horned toad couldn't get through, but we'd still be occupied with 20-30-50 million illegals producing children every day. That's enough to take us down - they don't need any more.
    They try to tell us anthing thing that will back us off. We have been hearing about getting the fence up for years now and there has been NO ACTION!!! Mc Cain will find reasons just like Bush not to put one up or why it will delayed indefinitely.

My opinion is running counter to most, but I see the fence as a meant-to-be useless.

I also see it as very expensive, nice contracts for contributors.

I also see it as a land grab.

I see it as a stalling tactic.

This has been going on for 30 years, and many in WAshington have been well aware of it - even if they do pretend they didn't know.

It has been a real issue for the entire 8 years of this President's administration.

We have more laws, due to security issues, that could be used. They have the will of the people. It's been 7 years since 9/11 and they have done nothing.

I just don't believe them.

JAK
    Quote Originally Posted by MW
    nntrixie wrote:

We can do it, but it would more effective to target not just McDonald's, but all fast food.
    Do you actually think we can convince Americans to give up ALL fast food? Personally, I don't think so.

[quote:2uegfgsq]I would like to see a nationwide, ongoing, constant boycott of Wal Mart - in addition to the others.
    Not going to happen, especially with the economy tanking. Actually, a sinking economy will send more consumers to places like Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Sam's, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see each of the places you mentioned boycotted. However, IMO, I think your expectation are a little unrealistic. Just saying......... [/quote:2uegfgsq]

As much as I don't want to admit this ... this is probably true. If they would look at this like it really is ...THAT THEIR VERY LIVES DEPEND ON IT... then MAYBE people would start using their purchasing POWER!!! It is very frustrating to me WHY people can't wake up and STOP buying from these TRAITOR BUSINESS'S!!!!!!! I guess when we are living in a total DICTATORSHIP they will be saying "I wish I would have....."
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast