Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Ben Carson calls Donald Trump's plan to deport undocumented immigrants impractical

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ben Carson calls Donald Trump's plan to deport undocumented immigrants impractical

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/...for-immigrants

Ben Carson calls Donald Trump's plan to deport undocumented immigrants impractical
    The Associated Press

Republican presidential candidate retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson answers questions at a news conference after speaking to the Commonwealth Club public affairs forum Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2015, in San Francisco. (AP Photo/Eric Risberg)

Associated Press
    Sept. 8, 2015 | 8:52 p.m. EDT

By JANIE HAR, Associated Press

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Republican presidential hopeful Ben Carson jabbed Tuesday at front-runner Donald Trump's proposal to deport everyone who is in the country illegally, calling the plan impractical.

"People who say that have no idea what that would entail" legally and otherwise, Carson said, adding: "Where you going to send them?"

The retired neurosurgeon spoke before The Commonwealth Club of California on Tuesday in a 75-minute event in which he took questions from the audience on topics ranging from abortion to immigration, taxation to race relations.

Carson's longshot candidacy is buoyed by humor and a self-deprecating demeanor that some would-be voters say they find refreshing. Trump, the brash front-runner in the GOP nomination fight, has made immigration a centerpiece of his candidacy. Trump says he would deport those living in the country illegally — estimated at 11 million people.

Carson said he would secure the border, but also grant guest-worker status to people who are in the country without documentation. That way, they can pay taxes and come out from the shadows, he said.

Mass deportation, he said, would be expensive and impractical, and crippling to the hotel and agriculture industries.

San Francisco venture capitalist Scott Russell, an unaffiliated voter, called Carson charismatic, yet positive.

"He wasn't trying to attack other candidates or trying to say negative things," Russell said. "I like people who describe their policies, but don't spend their minutes trying to attack others."

Carson is scheduled to attend a rally in Anaheim, California, on Wednesday.

Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Ben Carson supports amnesty. Why are Republicans supporting him?

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

http://www.ibtimes.com/ben-carson-im...-farms-2100452

Ben Carson Immigration Reform: Let Undocumented Immigrants Work On Farms

By Michael Kaplan @michaeld_kaplan m.kaplan@ibtimes.com on September 16 2015 9:58 PM EDT

Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson defended his immigration plan during Wednesday night's Republican debate, but his explanation only got him into further trouble with some voters. Carson supports giving guest-worker status to millions of undocumented immigrants without criminal records.

"After we seal the borders, after we turn off the spigot that dispenses all the goodies...people who had a pristine record we should consider allowing them to become guest workers primarily in the agricultural sphere," Carson said. "If they don't do it within that time period then they become illegal and as illegals they will be treated as such," he said.

Carson said his plan is not amnesty because farmers cannot find American workers, which prompted criticism from some social media users who perceived the remark as suggesting immigrants can only do farm work.

Carson has edged closer to Republican frontrunner Donald Trump in recent weeks. A recent poll found support for Carson has jumped to 23 percent, up significantly from the six percentage points Carson had before the first presidential debate in August. That puts Carson at just about 4 points below Trump.

Ben Carson says we need a guest worker program because Americans JUST WON’T WORK harder JOBS

Posted by soopermexican on Sep 11, 2015 at 9:35 PM in Politics

In this interview with Greta on Fox News, Ben Carson explained why he thought Trump’s “deport em all” policy was unworkable and why a guest worker program makes more sense.

Watch video below: (click on link to watch)

I’m not sure I agree completely with Ben Carson on that – as far as I’ve heard, the component price of produce having to do with labor is about 10%. So DOUBLING the wages you pay someone would only mean a 10% raise in the price of tomatoes. Would Americans be willing to pick tomatoes if they were paid $15-$20 an hour? I have a feeling they would.

Read more: http://therightscoop.com/ben-carson-...#ixzz3nZlTpd1H
    Last edited by Judy; 10-04-2015 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Ben Carson says we need a guest worker program because Americans JUST WON’T WORK harder JOBS

Posted by soopermexican on Sep 11, 2015 at 9:35 PM in Politics

In this interview with Greta on Fox News, Ben Carson explained why he thought Trump’s “deport em all” policy was unworkable and why a guest worker program makes more sense.

Watch video below: (click on link to watch)

I’m not sure I agree completely with Ben Carson on that – as far as I’ve heard, the component price of produce having to do with labor is about 10%. So DOUBLING the wages you pay someone would only mean a 10% raise in the price of tomatoes. Would Americans be willing to pick tomatoes if they were paid $15-$20 an hour? I have a feeling they would.

Read more: http://therightscoop.com/ben-carson-...#ixzz3nZlTpd1H
    And the author is exactly right! Ben Carson is dead wrong on his guest worker program and all the reasons he gives, which are just wrong and show signs of stupidity, the same kind from which our poor country is suffering.

Hey Ben!

1. Americans work harder and smarter than any work force in the world which is why our products have always been the best.

2. There is no job an American won't do for a fair market wage and good benefits.

3. Guest worker programs for illegal aliens IS amnesty, and saying it isn't as you often do doesn't change that fact.

Trump really is the only one who gets it, and that's why he such a target by those who don't.

GO TRUMP!

Oh, and Donald, you might want to back off that hiring of Ben Carson answer. I'm not sure there's a job in government he could do except run the Tax Exempt Status group of the Treasury Department, he does seem to have a handle on that one with his petition and attacks on CAIR for violating tax exempt status rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Ben Carson supports amnesty. Why are Republicans supporting him?
    Your question should be: why are so-called "conservatives" supporting Carson? I am fed up with those who claim to be "conservative" working against patriots by fawning over amnesty peddling hucksters who wave around the Construction or the Bible. There is a government facilitated and protected invasion of illegal alien. Allowing hordes of people from alien cultures to gut the ethnic composition of our country is an obvious effort to destroy America. A country and its culture are its people, destroy the people and you destroy the country and its culture. At the heart of American culture is a love of freedom that is the greatest obstacle to despotism. Ultimately the government facilitated and protected illegal alien invasion is a war on freedom because the people who are replacing native born Americans do not have the vaguest understanding of freedom or limited government. For them a government without limits (despotism) is normal. For them, that is what government is, total power to do everything it wants.
    Last edited by csarbww; 10-04-2015 at 10:50 AM.

This is a quote from Judy's post: "Hey Ben!...

1. Americans work harder and smarter than any work force in the world which is why our products have always been the best...."

Judy you are absolutely right on this. I have become aware products made overseas and imported are of inferior quality to those same products when once they were made in the USA. I can remember when US appliances lasted just about forever, now if you get 5 years out of them you are lucky. We export our most sophisticated technology to China and Mexico and they give to us low tech crap in return.
    Last edited by csarbww; 10-04-2015 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by csarbww View Post
    This is a quote from Judy's post: "Hey Ben!...

1. Americans work harder and smarter than any work force in the world which is why our products have always been the best...."

Judy you are absolutely right on this. I have become aware products made overseas and imported are of inferior quality to those same products when once they were made in the USA. I can remember when US appliances lasted just about forever, now if you get 5 years out of them you are lucky. We export our most sophisticated technology to China and Mexico and they give to us low tech crap in return.
    Exactly. And when you have good products that last a long time, you have greater value, you've been enriched by quality. Not only do you have the joy and confidence of well-made high-quality products, you have the peace of mind and convenience, few if no service calls, no having to miss work to wait for the washing machine repair man, no break-downs while doing the dishes, no messes from water leaks, no spoiled food from failed refrigerators, no hot or cold days without heat or a/c because the heat pump or furnace or a/c went out.

Quality products are worth every penny.

I have a Kenmore washing machine and dryer, bought as a set in 1985, made in the USA, they are my pride and joy. I've had 1 service call on the dryer about 2 years ago, a screw came loose on the drum, Sears fixed it. I've never had a service call on the washer. 30 years.

BEN CARSON GOING TO SECURE THE BORDER HOW COME HE DID NOT VISIT THE BORDER ?
    JUST LIKE TRUMP DID ?THEY ALL LIE & THEY ALL BS & THE NEW'S ALSO LIE
    TRUMP FOR OUR NEXT PRESIDENT

I have no problem at all giving Carson his due for his surgery on the conjoined twins, but puleeze, this was a 70 member surgical team, 70 doctors were involved, not just him. It was 22 hours long, but he didn't do the whole surgery, he only did part of it. What about the other 69 doctors who made that surgery possible and successful? Where are their names? Where is their movie? He never even mentions them.

I find that very strange.