Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Hard to believe

So where does Sos stand on this , anyone know?

Turner and his bunch were closely aligned with Gilchrest last I heard

Banned

Re: Gilchrist Endorsing/Supporting Huckabee!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    Huckabee held a news conference in Council Bluffs today, hastily called to cope with a crippling ice storm. He brought out Minuteman head Jim Gilchrist, whose private group patrols the Mexican border on its own to keep out illegal immigrants.
    I smell a CRF rat. The Minuteman Project does not "patrol the Mexican border", the Minuteman Civil Defense Corp does. Already the media is lying to get Huckaby the nomination, and Hillary the Presidency.
    Yeah
    This is completely wrong Simcox and mcdc do the borders
    When the minutemen broke up Chris got the borders and Jim got interior enforcement

I do know that Gilcrest has been involved in a few border watches not associated with the mcdc though

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC

Are you with us folks? This could get rocky.

W

we're behind you! lead on W we will follow.

I wonder who Simcox is endorsing, if anyone?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm with you...I'm not ready to give the country away!!
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    I speak to Simcox on a weekly basis

So far mcdc will not support anyone as of yet

We had a long talk about Romney the other night though and
    Chris couldn't find any fault with him

If and When Mcdc make an endorsement I'm sure it will
    be posted here

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    I speak to Simcox on a weekly basis

So far mcdc will not support anyone as of yet

We had a long talk about Romney the other night though and
    Chris couldn't find any fault with him

If and When Mcdc make an endorsement I'm sure it will
    be posted here
    Great! Thanks!

I wasn't aware of the issues surrounding this man until I read the news headline on Michelle Malkins site.

I have to confess that I have actively stayed away from anti-illgeal immigration forums and discussion sites as of late because, as a veteran, I have a hard time dealing with the sometimes rampant anti-military, conspiracy theorists that seem to spam their way onto net discussion groups. I think they, in a low brow sense, think of those opposed to illegal immigration as broadly anti-government from their perspective (black helicopters, chips in the head, etc) and due to the roused, vocal opposition to government as of late, I think they have become excited and aroused by the opportunity to have a broad audience. There is also the desire to brand those opposed to illegal immigration as the same as the tin foil hat crowd, so some of the spam is intentional... I only bring this up because this same technique of misinformation and general issue clouding, lead me to believe that he was still the leader of the minuteman project. Most sites where I would have found this out, most likely, I stay away from due to some of the collectivist anti-military zealots in their midst (at least in the digital realm).

So I wonder a couple of things...Does the general public view him as the leader and voice of the minutemen? Can it be conveyed that he is not representative of the anti-illgeal immigration movement and has not been for quite some time?

For example, if you read Michelle Malkins title and article as many others state, you get the impression that he is still representative of the movement:
    http://michellemalkin.com/2007/12/11/mi ... -huckabee/

I would think a semantic reshuffling of presenting him would be in order, something like: Embattled former minutemen Gilchrist supports Huckabee. Or Ex-Anti-Illegal immigration supporter....You get the picture, whatever successfully disassociattes him. From what I am reading of his behavior, I think this is a good thing to do.

What do you think?

Banned
    Gilchrest is thought of as the co founder of the minutemen
    along with Chris Simcox

As this stands he can do a lot of serious damage to our cause

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen
    So I wonder a couple of things...Does the general public view him as the leader and voice of the minutemen? Can it be conveyed that he is not representative of the anti-illgeal immigration movement and has not been for quite some time?
    This is the crux of the matter. This endorsement comes right in the middle of the battle that Huchabee and Romney are having on immigration. Romney is trying to look tough on immigration to sheer votes from Huckabee. Knucklehead is responding by parading out Gilchrist. Right now, I believe that the public does not know the real Jim Gilchrist nor the real Huckleberry. I think it has been a strategic victory for Gomer at this point. The public is seeing "The head of the Minutemen" endorsing Knucklehead. It is a coup so far for Huckleberry on immigration and Iowa. Even Lou appears to have reported on it in this way.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast