Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen
    I wasn't aware of the issues surrounding this man until I read the news headline on Michelle Malkins site.

I have to confess that I have actively stayed away from anti-illgeal immigration forums and discussion sites as of late because, as a veteran, I have a hard time dealing with the sometimes rampant anti-military, conspiracy theorists that seem to spam their way onto net discussion groups. I think they, in a low brow sense, think of those opposed to illegal immigration as broadly anti-government from their perspective (black helicopters, chips in the head, etc) and due to the roused, vocal opposition to government as of late, I think they have become excited and aroused by the opportunity to have a broad audience. There is also the desire to brand those opposed to illegal immigration as the same as the tin foil hat crowd, so some of the spam is intentional... I only bring this up because this same technique of misinformation and general issue clouding, lead me to believe that he was still the leader of the minuteman project. Most sites where I would have found this out, most likely, I stay away from due to some of the collectivist anti-military zealots in their midst (at least in the digital realm).

So I wonder a couple of things...Does the general public view him as the leader and voice of the minutemen? Can it be conveyed that he is not representative of the anti-illgeal immigration movement and has not been for quite some time?

For example, if you read Michelle Malkins title and article as many others state, you get the impression that he is still representative of the movement:
    http://michellemalkin.com/2007/12/11/mi ... -huckabee/

I would think a semantic reshuffling of presenting him would be in order, something like: Embattled former minutemen Gilchrist supports Huckabee. Or Ex-Anti-Illegal immigration supporter....You get the picture, whatever successfully disassociattes him. From what I am reading of his behavior, I think this is a good thing to do.

What do you think?
    Chosen:

Are you a member at Michelle's site??

Are you able to post the statement above that was released by Chris Simcox under the Huckleberry/Gilchrist article??
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by greginLA
    Gilchrist is flakey.
    Well, it seems about the only positive thing he did for our movement was dream up the Minuteman name. Everything else has been a distraction. Also I didn't know the director of a non-profit organization which is not allowed to endorse candidates can personally endorse candidates, is that legal/allowed?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Gilchrist is flakey.
    Well, it seems about the only positive thing he did for our movement was dream up the Minuteman name. Everything else has been a distraction. Also I didn't know the director of a non-profit organization which is not allowed to endorse candidates can personally endorse candidates, is that legal/allowed?
    I don't know.......good point!! Can Gilchrist be sued??

What about La Raza, NAACP, and other such groups---don't they promote candidates---aren't they considered non profit??

Maybe William can answer this??
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

I will never vote for Suckabee.
    Some people are alive only because there are laws against killing them.

Oh no.....I hadn't realized the full impact of the confusion this is going to cause until I read these latest posts.

Even I was confused as to who was who as far as the Minute Men are concerned and thought they were all one group. Although I knew there had been some problems and a split, I thought they were still intact with one doing one thing, the other something else and never the twain shall meet.

I agree....there needs to be an IMMEDIATE and full bore drive to get this cleared up and get it cleared up quickly. But, I've every confidence it will be with minimal damage.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Chosen:

Are you a member at Michelle's site??

Are you able to post the statement above that was released by Chris Simcox under the Huckleberry/Gilchrist article??
    No unfortunately I am not and it appears that there is no open registration to become one. Maybe just sending it to her would be sufficient. She doesn't seem to be a fan of Huckabee ( as most people with common sense and a memory longer than 5 minutes aren't either).

MW
    Bren4824 wrote:

What about La Raza, NAACP, and other such groups---don't they promote candidates---aren't they considered non profit??
    [quote]IRS Reminds Charities and Churches of Political Activity Ban

IR-2007-190, Nov. 19, 2007

WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service today reminded section 501(c)(3) organizations, including charities and churches that federal law prohibits them from becoming directly or indirectly involved in campaigns of political candidates.

The prohibition against political campaign activity has been in effect for more than half a century and bars certain tax-exempt organizations from engaging on behalf of or in opposition to political candidates. However, these organizations can engage in advocating for or against issues and, to a limited extent, ballot initiatives or other legislative activities.

“The political contests, especially for president, are starting earlier than usual. The IRS, as it has in the past, wants to remind charities and churches of the ban on political campaign activity. We also want to urge nonprofit and religious organizations to review the guidance we have issued to help them avoid any problems,â€

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Michelle Malkin is not allowing new membership at her site
    right now , and for the life of me, I don't know whats up with that

The whole problem that stinks about this deal is huck will announce
    Gilchrest as "a minuteman leader" or some such

Now people in Iowa , or very few of them have never heard of
    Gilchrest , But they do know the minuteman name

That is what Huck bought , he bought the minuteman name and
    it will be perceived that Huck is being endorsed by the minutemen

This one is going to hurt , and its going to hard to fix

I only hope that most people see thru Huck and take a look
    at his record

The msm and the Dems want Huck to win the nom in the worst way, they see it as a cakewalk general election for Hillary if he does , but he still needs to win the nomination and what I'm seeing in the forums and comment sections is that not many people are buying into his snake oil

ok folks, time to take action on this, here it is

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-93987.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Gilchrist is flakey.
    He didn't "dream up" anything.

The Minutemen was tha name of an anti-Communist/JBS-type organization that cohered during the Cold War, which wanted to highlight its continuity with past patriots.

The only thing imaginative Gilchrist has ever done is manage to con a bunch of overly credulous individuals into sending him money under false pretenses, and frankly, I don't know how creative grifting as a vocation is.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast