Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Romney silent as millions line up for amnesty

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

It's premature to judge what Romney will DO as President. Words and action as we know are two different things in the political cesspool we know as DC. No doubt the die will be cast at the convention and Romney/Ryan will be the ticket. If we are to have a chance we need to get behind the person who will defeat the slime ball posing as potus. It's that simple. Once in office we need to make sure that Romney toes the line. Don't like him? Don't vote for him. Just know this, we have one shot in November to turn things around. I won't be one of those who run around wringing their hands, whimpering about every perceived imperfection and then fail to do my part to remove Obama from office.

Quote Originally Posted by googler View Post
    And then when Romney is President and is thinking of his re-election, he'll be a smart person in your eyes when he's concocting ways to not infuriate the enemy? So essentially nothing is going to get done on illegal immigration under Romney, the smart general, huh?
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

"There is no substitute for the school of hard knocks," according to my father. At age 71 I'm still learning what he taught mme was more right than I ever believed when he said it. I know that for 22 years that I've fought with, and voted for both parties. Today we have larger and poorer quality illegal immigration than when I started 22 years ago. The repubs amensty of 1986 killed my son, Obama's policies today are killing more of other's sons. The only solution is full closure of the border factored with deportation, and obviously neither the major parties candidates are for both of those options. My education from the school of hard knocks for 22 years says that I've been doing it wrong. So, I have to change what I can change, that is the way I've been voting. I've fought this a long time, I've accepted that we have to get rid of that guy, it HAS NOT improved. Can someone show me where it is better today than it was 22 years ago in relationship to illegal immigration, even law and order?

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    I don't know what else to say to you, googler. Maybe you're not comprehending what a couple of us are attempting to explain. Yes, I do believe some things will get done under Romney, and more importantly, some things won't get done. Things like the Dream Act and amnesty won't happen, Romney has been adament about that. Romney opposes all “magnets” that entice illegal immigrants to come to our country ..... he has said so repeatedly. As governor, he vetoed in-state tuition benefits for illegal immigrants, opposed driver’s licenses for illegal immigrants, and attempted to give state law enforcement officers the authority to apprehend illegals. He done these things in a very liberal state, so why would you think he would be afraid to act on illegal immigrant issues as President? Taking up a specific argument precisely when a special interest groups wants you to during a campaign for election is not the same as acting on an issue while sitting in the White House.

IMHO, Texasborn is absolutely right, you must pick your battles during an election campaign and you must decide how and when to wage them. A miscalculation in that area could be very damaging. I commend your enthusiasm, googler (oh to be young again), however, you must understand that not everything is always going to be black and white. If I might make a suggestion where Romney is concerned .......... weigh the good with the bad (Romney's positions) and then consider the alternative. If you'll do that, perhaps you'll better understand why many of us feel we have no choice but to support Romney.
    MW,

The Dream Act "just happened" and if Romney wont reverse it then he is supporting it. Right now, the fact he is not speaking out against this right now says a lot about him and his positions.

If the Dream Act stays in place and they get millions of other illegal aliens through as well under Obama or Romney, you and your beliefs and opinions along with those of millions of conservative Americans will be permanently displaced and unable to influence any legislatures except in small pockets of the country.

We just crossed a very important tipping point and Romney is NOT pushing for our side right now when he could do so and could win this election doing so.

Just imagine the powerful national response if he were to show some real leadership and come out and say this is wrong on many levels.

Your belief that he is not doing so due to campaign strategy reasons are overly optimistic for my tastes considering the last two GOP contenders for President in the last 3 Presidential elections supported Amnesty for illegal aliens despite their claims to the contrary.

You can all play the "everything is ok" game all you want, but not me. I have no confidence that he cabal that is nation building over Americans like us has been disrupted from power in the least nor that electing Romney will suddenly miraculously break their hold on America.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    MW,

The Dream Act "just happened" and if Romney wont reverse it then he is supporting it. Right now, the fact he is not speaking out against this right now says a lot about him and his positions.

If the Dream Act stays in place and they get millions of other illegal aliens through as well under Obama or Romney, you and your beliefs and opinions along with those of millions of conservative Americans will be permanently displaced and unable to influence any legislatures except in small pockets of the country.

We just crossed a very important tipping point and Romney is NOT pushing for our side right now when he could do so and could win this election doing so.

Just imagine the powerful national response if he were to show some real leadership and come out and say this is wrong on many levels.

Your belief that he is not doing so due to campaign strategy reasons are overly optimistic for my tastes considering the last two GOP contenders for President in the last 3 Presidential elections supported Amnesty for illegal aliens despite their claims to the contrary.

You can all play the "everything is ok" game all you want, but not me. I have no confidence that he cabal that is nation building over Americans like us has been disrupted from power in the least nor that electing Romney will suddenly miraculously break their hold on America.

W
    If you've got someone else in mind and know how we can get him or her elected, I'm certainly eager to listen. Unless convinced otherwise, I only see two choices right now. I don't think anyone is saying Romney is the perfect choice because we all know he isn't, however, there are those of us that don't see another option.

As for your comment regarding the last 3 presidential elections, Bush and McCain made no secret of the fact that they supported comprehensive immigration reform that included a path to citizenship for illegal aliens (otherwise known as amnesty). Romney does not support such a plan and has gone as far as to say the illegals will self deport when we take away their jobs away. That is why he is so adamant about making E-Verify a national requirement.

Just because Romney hasn't come out and said he would reverse Obama's amnesty policy for illegals doesn't mean he won't. Let it be known though, there is zero chance of it getting reversed if Obama stays in power. Actually, assuming amnesty legislation isn't passed in the next couple years, you can bet Obama will extend the policy when it expires in two years. Personally, I feel fairly confident that Romney, should he get elected, will not extend the policy.

I would also have to argue that, when compared to Obama, Romney is pushing for our side. He doesn't support driver's licenses for illegals, tuition assistance, or any other aid that would benefit them because as he has said, those are magnets. Last but not least, a Romney administration will most certainly replace Napalitano (sp?), Holder, Morton, and a host of other that have been making our lives a living hell where border security and immigration are concerned. Oh, and less not forget that the next administration will also be replacing a U.S. Supreme Court Justice ...... can we handle another Sotomeyer or Keegan? One more liberal appointee will tilt the court.

I understand where you're coming from and hear you loud an clear, William. While we may disagree on some finer points, we're still hoping and striving for the same goals. I'd still be very interested in hearing who those that don't support Romney support and why. I've made my position clear and explained why I feel as I do.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW,

I respect your right to vote for whomever you choose. You state that you believe Romney when he says that with mandatory Everify the illegals will self deport. I beieve that he is at best only half right.

I do not believe that the cartels in Mexico that are bringing in Mexican farmers to til the pot farms, now discovered in multiple states will ever use Everify. I do not think those stealing cars, house breaking will change or leave of their own volition.

I do not beleive those running drugs and pot will leave or are checked thru Everify. They will not self deport as their way of life is too lucrative.

If I took the time I'm sure that I could build upon this list. This should be apt for why I will not be influenced by anyone's opinion that only has offered half a plan.

I've said it before, I'll cast a vote that will not bother my conscience. I will not take your right to choose away from you, or your right to influence me. When I was born America practiced mutual respect. It worked fairly well and going to town on Saturday was a thing to look forward to doing. Now,I wonder whose and how many children will slap me from their child seat while I pass their parents basket. My mother would have slapped me, today mothers do not even apologize The America we've allowed to be created is not one to be overly proud over.

MW, I think you've eloquently stated your position on Romney. I find no reason to disagree for the most part. I suppose many of us are sensitive to the campaign rhetoric and feel, rightfully so, that it should reflect the candidates true beliefs and intentions. Unfortunately, this isn't reality as much as we would like it to be. Politics is a chess game with each candidate making moves which often are diametrically opposite the position that they espoused mere weeks or months ago. This creates a voter environment of confusion and resentment because we're not hearing what we would like to hear, at least in the moment. To get a true understanding, one must step back and away to see the bigger picture of what a candidate represents and is likely to support in the future. Obama, at least for me, was an open book even before he took office. And I didn't like what I was reading. I saw an anti-American liar with a fabricated persona and a past deliberately obfuscated so as to pass muster by all but those willing to look closer. I knew in my bones that Obama had a bad plan for this country, one that would transform it into something that we would no longer recognize. In retrospect, there is vindication for sounding the alarm way back in 2008. We can and should question and vet Romney as this wasn't done for Obama whatsoever. However, we know FAR more about Romney in the short time that he has been campaigning than we have learned about Obama in four years! Romney isn't perfect but I know in my gut that he isn't anti-American and truly does have the best interest of the country at heart. Not so with Obama/Soetoro. This much is obvious to anyone paying attention. I don't know about everyone else, but my mother didn't raise a fool. The path ahead couldn't be more clear...and it doesn't lead to Obama!

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    If you've got someone else in mind and know how we can get him or her elected, I'm certainly eager to listen. Unless convinced otherwise, I only see two choices right now. I don't think anyone is saying Romney is the perfect choice because we all know he isn't, however, there are those of us that don't see another option.

As for your comment regarding the last 3 presidential elections, Bush and McCain made no secret of the fact that they supported comprehensive immigration reform that included a path to citizenship for illegal aliens (otherwise known as amnesty). Romney does not support such a plan and has gone as far as to say the illegals will self deport when we take away their jobs away. That is why he is so adamant about making E-Verify a national requirement.

Just because Romney hasn't come out and said he would reverse Obama's amnesty policy for illegals doesn't mean he won't. Let it be known though, there is zero chance of it getting reversed if Obama stays in power. Actually, assuming amnesty legislation isn't passed in the next couple years, you can bet Obama will extend the policy when it expires in two years. Personally, I feel fairly confident that Romney, should he get elected, will not extend the policy.

I would also have to argue that, when compared to Obama, Romney is pushing for our side. He doesn't support driver's licenses for illegals, tuition assistance, or any other aid that would benefit them because as he has said, those are magnets. Last but not least, a Romney administration will most certainly replace Napalitano (sp?), Holder, Morton, and a host of other that have been making our lives a living hell where border security and immigration are concerned. Oh, and less not forget that the next administration will also be replacing a U.S. Supreme Court Justice ...... can we handle another Sotomeyer or Keegan? One more liberal appointee will tilt the court.

I understand where you're coming from and hear you loud an clear, William. While we may disagree on some finer points, we're still hoping and striving for the same goals. I'd still be very interested in hearing who those that don't support Romney support and why. I've made my position clear and explained why I feel as I do.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn View Post
    MW, I think you've eloquently stated your position on Romney. I find no reason to disagree for the most part. I suppose many of us are sensitive to the campaign rhetoric and feel, rightfully so, that it should reflect the candidates true beliefs and intentions. Unfortunately, this isn't reality as much as we would like it to be. Politics is a chess game with each candidate making moves which often are diametrically opposite the position that they espoused mere weeks or months ago. This creates a voter environment of confusion and resentment because we're not hearing what we would like to hear, at least in the moment. To get a true understanding, one must step back and away to see the bigger picture of what a candidate represents and is likely to support in the future. Obama, at least for me, was an open book even before he took office. And I didn't like what I was reading. I saw an anti-American liar with a fabricated persona and a past deliberately obfuscated so as to pass muster by all but those willing to look closer. I knew in my bones that Obama had a bad plan for this country, one that would transform it into something that we would no longer recognize. In retrospect, there is vindication for sounding the alarm way back in 2008. We can and should question and vet Romney as this wasn't done for Obama whatsoever. However, we know FAR more about Romney in the short time that he has been campaigning than we have learned about Obama in four years! Romney isn't perfect but I know in my gut that he isn't anti-American and truly does have the best interest of the country at heart. Not so with Obama/Soetoro. This much is obvious to anyone paying attention. I don't know about everyone else, but my mother didn't raise a fool. The path ahead couldn't be more clear...and it doesn't lead to Obama!
    I couldn't agree with you more. The first time I ever heard Mitt and Anne Romney speak was before Mitt Romney was running for President. I happened to wake up in the middle of the night with Mitt and Anne Romney having a discussion with someone on TV. They were very relaxed, honest and open, telling stories about themselves and their family. You could tell how much they loved each other and their family. They were so down-to-earth, I remember thinking I would like to have them as friends.

Later when Mitt Romney decided to run for President I started doing my research. I did the same thing with Obama. Like TexasBorn I did not like what I felt or my gut feelings about Obama.

Knowing how important the Romney's feelings for their children and grandchildren are I believe the Romney's when they said he was running for president because they wanted to save America for their grandchildren. I can relate to that sentiment. I believe Mitt Romney when he said his eyes were opened on the issue of illegal immigration when he walked the border with the Border Patrol. I saw the anger in Mitt Romney when Obama went on his apology tour. I believe Mitt Romney loves God, America and his family. I can't say that about Obama, so this God loving American Grandmother will vote for Mitt Romney with no apologies.

I asked 4 days ago if someone could demonstrate how the llegal immigrant and law and order situation had improved in the past 22 years. I assumne that no response means that there is nothing to show. In those years we've had two administrations of each party. Hence, my decison IS that I neeed to change my efforts, and no one gets my vote when they cannot offer more than half measures. However, that will not prevent my voting. IMO, we need someone who fixes things vs. patches them Patches attempted have not improved things. Amnesty and "Just say NO" were patches. 100 thousand addtional police seemed to help a bit, but did not last, a patch that did not last long term or work extremely effecively.

Believe it, I'm looking for someone that will prevent our second civil war for the good of someone's grand children.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    I asked 4 days ago if someone could demonstrate how the llegal immigrant and law and order situation had improved in the past 22 years. I assumne that no response means that there is nothing to show. In those years we've had two administrations of each party. Hence, my decison IS that I neeed to change my efforts, and no one gets my vote when they cannot offer more than half measures. However, that will not prevent my voting. IMO, we need someone who fixes things vs. patches them Patches attempted have not improved things. Amnesty and "Just say NO" were patches. 100 thousand addtional police seemed to help a bit, but did not last, a patch that did not last long term or work extremely effecively.

Believe it, I'm looking for someone that will prevent our second civil war for the good of someone's grand children.
    So based on the last 22 years, you've decided to speculate on the next 4? Our illegal immigrant situation diden't happen overnight and it is not going to be fixed overnight. I don't think anyone that has researched Romney's position on the issue can deny that he does offer us a few steps forward. The opposite is true of Obama ......... he's sending us backwards! If you decide to vote on a non-player in the game, that's your choice and I won't begrudge you that because we all have to follow our own heart.

Oh, and in regard to your question, things haven't gotten better over the last 22 years, but of course you already knew that.
    Last edited by MW; 08-21-2012 at 03:31 PM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I respect everyone that wants to play different degrees of the "pretend everything is OK game" however one big danger here is that Republican support for a Romney victory could be turned into the claim of support for amnesty if the elites handle this very strategically. If Romney swings more openly to amnesty before election day and conservatives say "I will support Romney and his amnesty to get rid of Obama" then that will be big trouble.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast