Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I'm only saying...

I'm only saying...

If not Romney, who? We're running out of legitimate candidates here. Unless we're saying, we're out of luck regardless and focusing our energy on local politicians and local laws instead of the White House.

Now, most of you know - My candidate of choice was Duncan Hunter, and may he rest easy away from the fray knowing he was true blue until the end. But, thank goodness both he and Tancredo could see the handwriting on the wall. They didn't let their ego keep them in the race to the point that they were pulling votes away from legitimate candidates. I respect them both for that.

But, are any of us "really" surprised to know that Romney is running Spanish ads in Florida. Isn't it par for the course - except for a few - like Tancredo and Hunter, many have been pandering.

And, I guarantee - they're going to do a lot more in the general election. So, get ready to hold your nose.

We've got to get someone in the White House who will listen. I say we give the guy the benefit of the doubt until the other side of Florida.

Who's our alternative? This question is obviously not directed to the Ron Paul supporters. We know who your champion is? But, there is a large constituency that clearly isn't going to vote for Ron Paul. So, for everyone who isn't voting for Ron Paul - whose our other option?

We've pegged Huckabee. The longer Thompson stays in - knowing the White House isn't in his future - the more I believe he's doing it to get his buddy elected. Forgive me, I'm not going to give him a cent to help get McCain elected.

So, according to my calculations - a vote for anyone but Romney is a vote for McCain. Let's say we all sit out the next general election. We essentially elect a democrat.

Democrats don't want you to have any doubts. Illegal immigrants will be given social security, drivers licenses, voting privileges, more benefits, additional health care, and even more.

I thought you all knew this??? Why is this a surprise? Last year Romney made it clear that he was going to target those in the Hispanic community who do not yet speak English with Spanish ads and that he was going to win their support just as Bush did. That's why he has a Hispanic in his campaign team. It's unbelievable how you guys, who do sooo much research and look into every single candidate, did not find this out back then.

Well there's the truth for you. Call it whatever you want to call it, 'pandering', but Romney, like everyone else, will try to appeal to the Hispanic community so deal with it. If you're ok with that, go ahead and vote for him, if not, don't vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by bettsie
    Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    Its running for the Cuban voters in Florida ,

He didn't run any spanish ads here in Nevada

Cuban Americans tend to vote Repub anyway

And no , I don't agree with it
    There is no such thing as a Cuban American. You are either an American or not. We speak English and if you are a US citizen you have to know it. They should stop trying to change our country into Cuba. I don't know why politicians are not only allowing this but are taking part in it.
    Cubans are given automatic citizenship if they can make it onto US soil!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Just like Paul Romney used to be for Amnesty, except now Paul isn't running Spanish ads and actually said he wants to get rid of birth right citizenship. I'm not saying he is perfect but after this stunt Romney pulled, I'm leaning towards him.

here is video of romney saying things like "pathway to citizenship"
    so they all have dark pasts
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=_rr6-CcOJPw

Quote Originally Posted by flashman
    I thought you all knew this??? Why is this a surprise? Last year Romney made it clear that he was going to target those in the Hispanic community who do not yet speak English with Spanish ads and that he was going to win their support just as Bush did. That's why he has a Hispanic in his campaign team. It's unbelievable how you guys, who do sooo much research and look into every single candidate, did not find this out back then.

Well there's the truth for you. Call it whatever you want to call it, 'pandering', but Romney, like everyone else, will try to appeal to the Hispanic community so deal with it. If you're ok with that, go ahead and vote for him, if not, don't vote for him.
    Comparing the records and positions of EVERY single candidate----including Paul-----I will stick with Romney even with the Spanish ad!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Ron Paul voted three times for amnesty

Ron Paul voted three (3) times for Section 245(i) amnesty for hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me where to find Section 245(i) amnesty for illegal aliens is located in the constitution.

Neither Mitt Romney nor Ron Paul have a perfect history on the issue of illegal immigration. Both have flaws in their record on that issue.

Ron Paul has cast a number of good votes on illegal immigration issues. He also cast some bad ones.

Mitt Romney has taken positions at times in the past on the issue of illegal immigration that to me seem misguided. However, he has also done many good things on the issue of illegal immigration. He vetoed in-state tuition for illegal aliens, opposed driver licenses for illegal aliens and supported the enforcement of federal immigration law by state law enforcement officers.

Tom Tancredo had a perfect record on illegal immigration. No candidate now running for president can say that.

Of the remaining candidates that have a realistic chance of winning, I believe Mitt Romney has the best record on illegal immigration.

Ron Paul

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=56581

SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT
    Paul runs away from '88 position
    Says he 'doesn't recall' calling for elimination of U.S. Border Patrol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: July 10, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas
    WASHINGTON – In an exclusive interview with WND, maverick GOP presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul of Texas said he did not recall taking a position in favor of eliminating the Border Patrol in his 1988 bid for the presidency as a Libertarian Party candidate.
    "No," he said. "I do not call for that, and I do not recall calling for that. I'd have to have somebody show me exactly where that was said. I have no recollection of that, and it's certainly not my position, because I emphasize beefing up the Border Patrol."

In fact, weeks before the debate, Paul's communications director, Jesse Benton, was asked in writing by WND about the candidate's position as reported in a 1988 CNN presidential questionnaire.

Paul reportedly stated in that questionnaire: "The U.S. Border Patrol should be eliminated. Any necessary guarding of our borders should be done by the U.S. Army, Navy and Air Force."

(Story continues below)

As a Libertarian, such a position would not have been unusual, since many believe in open borders and most favor the elimination of government agencies they consider to be unconstitutional and unnecessary.

While Benton promised to investigate Paul's position on the Border Patrol in 1988 and ask him specifically about the CNN questionnaire, the political aide never got back to WND.

I might be voting 3rd party. We don't have to settle for these traitors. We the people control who is elected. What about the constitutional party
    ?I hope Lou enters but it doesn't seem like it. Maybe he can run on their ticket.

Ron Paul Revolution en Espanol

Romney

Between Romney & Paul - I have to go with Romney. Every vote that doesn't go to Romney is really going to McCain. Because it splits the vote up.

And, I can't bring myself to vote for McCain. Not even in a round about way.

I like Ron Paul. But, his prior performance hasn't given me any indication that he has a chance of getting the Republican nomination. That's me being realistic.

I had to come to turns with Duncan Hunter, also. I believe if Paul were out - his support would go to Thompson, Romney, or sit at home. For Thompson, if he gets out - his votes go to Huckabee or Romney. If Huckabee gets out, after Thompson gets out, his votes go to Romney.

I've got to start thinking strategically. It's really getting to be Romney versus McCain. But, no one is splitting McCain's vote.

If McCain gets it - we're dead in the water. And, make no mistake - this is a race between Romney, McCain, and maybe Huckabee. But, Huckabee's money is thinning.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast