Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by kniggit
    Romney is pandering.....I know....let's attack Ron Paul...that'll make it better............................................ .................
    Ron Paul has done a LOT WORSE than pandering........As his voting record indicates!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Banned
    Romney is pandering.....I know....let's attack Ron Paul...that'll make it better............................................ .................

What Im not sure about is who is Romney pandering to... ?

Re: Ron Paul voted three times for amnesty

Quote Originally Posted by tancredofan
    I'm still waiting for someone to tell me where to find Section 245(i) amnesty for illegal aliens is located in the constitution.
    Thank you.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    Quote Originally Posted by bettsie
    I don't buy things from stores with spanish signs and I will not VOTE for someone who advertises in spanish. Romney supported amnesty in the past too but said he changed. I'll hold my nose and vote for Paul unless he comes out with a spanish ad.
    I just posted NUMEROUS instances where Paul voted for amnesty, against the fence, against BP agents/military on the border, etc.

Romney has NEVER voted in favor of amnesty.

Please post that proof.
    Thank you Bren
    Many of us have posted Ron Paul’s Record on just criminal immigration and crime in the past.
    Its Just some of His supporters keep a closed mind: D
    which is ok for them Its come down to a matter of days now for Dr. No drop out of the running in this election and soon enough we wont have to worry about that distraction any longer
    Theses facts are also very well known, by his Supporters and non supporters
    We all know the truth and the big differences between Paul and Romney on Just immigration. Don’t twist his arm into actually looking up the facts he might find some things he himself doest agree with, when it comes to Ron Paul.
    Bren Some of theses new folks could very well be a split personality poster if you know what I mean.
    It is just funny how they completely ignore or downplay the facts---in black and white---right in front of their faces. Yet, say that they want to stop the illegal invasion!! For some of them, they are more concerned about pushing Ron Paul than actually stopping the illegal invasion.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Re: Ron Paul

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=56581

SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT
    Paul runs away from '88 position
    Says he 'doesn't recall' calling for elimination of U.S. Border Patrol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: July 10, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas
    WASHINGTON – In an exclusive interview with WND, maverick GOP presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul of Texas said he did not recall taking a position in favor of eliminating the Border Patrol in his 1988 bid for the presidency as a Libertarian Party candidate.
    "No," he said. "I do not call for that, and I do not recall calling for that. I'd have to have somebody show me exactly where that was said. I have no recollection of that, and it's certainly not my position, because I emphasize beefing up the Border Patrol."

In fact, weeks before the debate, Paul's communications director, Jesse Benton, was asked in writing by WND about the candidate's position as reported in a 1988 CNN presidential questionnaire.

Paul reportedly stated in that questionnaire: "The U.S. Border Patrol should be eliminated. Any necessary guarding of our borders should be done by the U.S. Army, Navy and Air Force."

(Story continues below)

As a Libertarian, such a position would not have been unusual, since many believe in open borders and most favor the elimination of government agencies they consider to be unconstitutional and unnecessary.

While Benton promised to investigate Paul's position on the Border Patrol in 1988 and ask him specifically about the CNN questionnaire, the political aide never got back to WND.
    When Russert brought up an OBL Paul quote from 1987, Paul did not challenge it. I would say he kinda made excuses, but he did not challenge its accuracy.

"There should be no immigration policy at all. We should welcome everyone who wants to come here and work."

--Ron Paul

See you at the signing!!

Banned

Re: Ron Paul voted three times for amnesty

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    I'm still waiting for someone to tell me where to find Section 245(i) amnesty for illegal aliens is located in the constitution.
    Thank you.

Come on Guys
    Its on Page three
    You have to rub it with Lemon water and then blow dry it turn three circles while chanting a nursery rhyme from mother gooses first addition the chuckling years

It is just funny how they completely ignore or downplay the facts---in black and white---right in front of their faces. Yet, say that they want to stop the illegal invasion!! For some of them, they are more concerned about pushing Ron Paul than actually stopping the illegal invasion.
    No, I just feel like the illegal immigration problem is just a symptom of a larger problem, one that I think Romney will continue on...but this is just my opinion...

Like usanevada said...W asked us to give it a rest, and I will honor that request. I wish you others would do the same.....
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    Well said.

See you at the signing!!

Re: Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=56581

SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT
    Paul runs away from '88 position
    Says he 'doesn't recall' calling for elimination of U.S. Border Patrol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: July 10, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas
    WASHINGTON – In an exclusive interview with WND, maverick GOP presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul of Texas said he did not recall taking a position in favor of eliminating the Border Patrol in his 1988 bid for the presidency as a Libertarian Party candidate.
    "No," he said. "I do not call for that, and I do not recall calling for that. I'd have to have somebody show me exactly where that was said. I have no recollection of that, and it's certainly not my position, because I emphasize beefing up the Border Patrol."

In fact, weeks before the debate, Paul's communications director, Jesse Benton, was asked in writing by WND about the candidate's position as reported in a 1988 CNN presidential questionnaire.

Paul reportedly stated in that questionnaire: "The U.S. Border Patrol should be eliminated. Any necessary guarding of our borders should be done by the U.S. Army, Navy and Air Force."

(Story continues below)

As a Libertarian, such a position would not have been unusual, since many believe in open borders and most favor the elimination of government agencies they consider to be unconstitutional and unnecessary.

While Benton promised to investigate Paul's position on the Border Patrol in 1988 and ask him specifically about the CNN questionnaire, the political aide never got back to WND.
    When Russert brought up an OBL Paul quote from 1987, Paul did not challenge it. I would say he kinda made excuses, but he did not challenge its accuracy.

"There should be no immigration policy at all. We should welcome everyone who wants to come here and work."

--Ron Paul
    ""There should be no immigration policy at all. We should welcome everyone who wants to come here and work."

Do you know where he is quoted as saying this??

Romney

Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN

What I'm not sure about is who is Romney pandering to... ?
    I think Romney's son had a chance to show off his use of Spanish. Mitt Romney's father was a Mexican immigrant, I thought. But, I could be wrong, there. It doesn't really matter.

I think they're in Florida. It probably just seemed like the thing to do while in "Rome". I don't put this in the same category as the Spanish Debate or whatever it was called.

I'm not really concerned that Ron Paul or his supporters have websites in Spanish. They're all politicians. Politicians pander. Their ultimate goals are as follows:

1) Get delegates
    2) Get the nomination.
    3) Get the White House

If you're not moving in this direction, you're wasting the publics time and on a MAJOR ego trip. Kucinich, anyone?

I'm currently supporting Romney out of necessity. My candidate (Hunter) clearly wasn't viable. He wasn't pulling delegates. So, he couldn't get the nomination. Bye, bye, White House. He recognized it and stepped down, as did Tancredo. I respect the two of them, for that purpose.

I think at least three more will come to that conclusion either by or on February 5th. I've got an idea which three it will be. Now, that I think about it. I think four will bite the dust either by or with the compliments of February 4th.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast