Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I have to wonder how much it is going to cost to hire people to process 60,000,000 illegal aliens. And just how long will that take.

By the time they finish profiling all of the illegals, the border will be porous again.

The reality of it all is hard to take in, and then to face the truth is even harder.
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

Close the borders but for one or two heavily guarded areas. Enforce the laws against illegals. Once they have no job, get no free Gov anything, then announce that any illegal is free to sell their stuff and deport. Any illegal found in the US after the end of the grace period has everything confiscated and then jailed and then deported.

It has been proven that illegals will deport themselves if they can not work or get free stuff in an area. We can have the Military set up on the border taking finger prints of all illegal who freely deport so we know who they are, etc.

Of course independents don't support massive deportation. Hell, I don't even support that. This is the typical false dichotamy that the media rails about all of the time -- "Its either massive deportation of 12-20 million people, or amnesty."

BS.

Enforce the labor laws and they will leave. Independents support enforcement of labor laws. Independents don't believe in amnesty.

I agree with Mickey. There are several things that Trump has said that make me uncomfortable.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by sugarhighwolf
    Close the borders but for one or two heavily guarded areas. Enforce the laws against illegals. Once they have no job, get no free Gov anything, then announce that any illegal is free to sell their stuff and deport. Any illegal found in the US after the end of the grace period has everything confiscated and then jailed and then deported.

It has been proven that illegals will deport themselves if they can not work or get free stuff in an area. We can have the Military set up on the border taking finger prints of all illegal who freely deport so we know who they are, etc.

Like this plus a few more things: NO MORE BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP. A moratorium on immigration until the number of illegals here is drastically cut. Stiff fines for those employing illegals and not using E-Verify, etc.

But as regards Trumps taking those illegals already here on a case by case basis - We did not get into the situation we are in with millions of foreigners squatting here illegally overnight. It will take a long time to rectify this bad situation. If we would really close the border and enforce all immigration law, even with taking a case-by-case approach to those already here, then that is a helluva better start than none at all. I would rather a good start then nothing at all and just continuing on the way it is.

Now, I don't know who I'm throwing my support to yet, but we cannot get anywhere until the border is sealed. It'd be nice (but not likely) if we would get a POTUS who would immediately take action and do everything he/she could to get rid of all illegals... but realistically speaking... it's not going to happen... It's just not.
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

I am giving a different opinion on how many illegal aliens would need to be processed if TPTB should decide to give away citizenship to our country.

Don't forget that it will take years to 'process' these people, so they will need to be made eligible for financial aid if needed while they are LEGALLY waiting for their turn.

Just recently the Border Patrol estimated that last year alone, at least 1,000,000 illegal aliens crossed our border.

Just how many illegal aliens are in the United States?
    August 27th, 2009 7:15 am ET
    Dave Gibson
    Norfolk Crime Examiner

The federal government continues to tell us that there are 12 million illegal aliens currently living in the United States. However, the actual number in undoubtedly four to five times higher.

The way the feds arrive at their numbers is as absurd as their assertion that we can maintain law and order without actually defending our borders.

In 1986, President Ronald Reagan granted amnesty to the nation’s illegal alien population. At the time, we were told that population totaled between two to three million. However, amnesty was actually granted to more than five million who had crossed our borders illegally.

Washington arbitrarily estimates that every year since 1986, a half million illegal aliens take up residence in this country, either by over-staying their visa or by crossing into this country illegally. Additionally, they believe that the one million illegal aliens who did not qualify for the 1986 Amnesty (many were criminals), simply stayed anyway.

When you multiply a half million by 22 years, then add the additional million criminal aliens to the total, you have 12 million illegal aliens.

That is the figure which U.S. politicians pushing for amnesty constantly espouse. These same politicians never take the time to explain to us just how they came up with that figure.

However, the U.S. Border Patrol places a much higher estimate on the number of illegal aliens now in this country. For many years, the number of apprehensions at the border have averaged about one million. When you then use the very conservative estimate that at least three times that many got away, over 22 years, along with all of the people who never return home after their visa has expired, you get a much different number.

Using the Border Patrol’s own data and considering the relative ease with which drug smugglers and illegal aliens make multiple crossings into this country, the more realistic number is much closer to 60-70 million.

This is why Obama wants to count illegal aliens in next year’s Census. We will be told that granting citizenship to such a large group of people at once will be a tremendous boost to our tax base, and end our exploding budget deficits.

Of course, the vast majority of illegal aliens do not now, nor will they ever make enough money to even qualify for income taxes, they will simply join the 45 percent of Americans who currently pay nothing and our National Debt will continue to soar.

The real reason Obama wants to grant the mostly Hispanic population amnesty is to secure the vote that they would then have as American citizens. Obama believes that doing so would assure Democratic control of the White House and Congress for the next several generations.
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

Good point GoodOleDays, if they cannot support themselves - in full - then they should be deported asap regardless. Guess that would take care of most of them, wouldn't it?
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Quote Originally Posted by forest
    Good point GoodOleDays, if they cannot support themselves - in full - then they should be deported asap regardless. Guess that would take care of most of them, wouldn't it?
    Trouble is, how do you keep an eye on 40 to 60,000,000 people. If they have children they will not be sent home anyway.

They may have a job the day they were processed, and then the next day they could lose it. Our own citizens are desperate for jobs, and will get even more desperate as our country declines.

These are numbers for the unemployed in random states. I assume the people who ran out of unemployment checks are not even counted here.

http://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2011/ted_20110330.htm

I'm new here....joined today. I've been passionate about illegal immigration for YEARS; however, instead of joining a group such as this, I used e-mail & Facebook to express my opinions. Such a waste of time!

I watched the Trump interview w/O'Reilly and I give him credit for at least committing to putting military on the border and acknowledging the drug trafficking problem. In fact, using the military may assist our brave men & women returning from the Middle East by eliminating the many hardships they are encountering upon their return (no jobs, no health care).

Re the "case-by-case" review: it was an initial answer. He has not had time to sort out this immigration mess we're in. Therefore, it was a safe answer - he knows something has to be done, but has not formed an agenda as of yet.

Case-by-case will take time; however, if protocols are enacted in all states, it may not take as long as we think. Start with the welfare rolls - no birth certificate - DEPORT. They know where they live; they're mailing the checks. (And to bypass the "profiling" issue, simply make a requirement for *all* welfare recipients to furnish a birth certificate.

Health care: I am required to show ID when I visit the ER at a hospital (not to mention every doctor's office). Unless the medical care required by the illegal is life-threatening; they should be turned over for deportation processing. By who? By the state-agency which needs to be formed to monitor these situations. It would a) create jobs which can be funded with the tax dollars we'd otherwise be spending on their free health care; and, b) discourage (or eliminate) illegals from attempting to seek medical care for which they cannot pay.

Crack down on companies who hire illegals with significant fines for first offenses and mandatory, meaningful community service (which would otherwise be paid for by the state), for repeat offenders. How would we fund this? Add it to the job description of health inspectors (restaurants), safety inspectors (for manufacturing, etc.); agricultural inspectors (farming). Not scheduled inspections where the owner/management can warn their illegals to stay home - random inspections.

I could go on, but as a newbie, I may have already written too much.
    [/b]

Banned
    Wecome to Alipac Dee0302

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Of course independents don't support massive deportation. Hell, I don't even support that. This is the typical false dichotamy that the media rails about all of the time -- "Its either massive deportation of 12-20 million people, or amnesty."

BS.

Enforce the labor laws and they will leave. Independents support enforcement of labor laws. Independents don't believe in amnesty.

I agree with Mickey. There are several things that Trump has said that make me uncomfortable.
    You're exactly right, we can probably get just as many to self-deport by taking their job access away and removing social aid nets as we can through direct deportation. This isn't an either or situation (mass deportation or a path to citizenship). It'll take a combination of things to set the country on the right path. With that said though, there is no reason to give one single illegal alien an amnesty. We can deport a lot of them through enforcement and many more will leave on their own once we make it too tough for them to remain by removing most of the things keeping them here. Removing the things keeping them here will also relieve pressure on the border.

Glad to see I'm not the only one not jumping on the Trump wagon at such an early stage.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast