Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Bottom line its real simple

Once the border is closed and the bleeding stops

Then you take away all the bennys , anchors, welfare , jobs , etc

What choice will they have ?

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts

In my opinion, that would be an answer if they would do all of that, but La Raza would not go for it. And La Raza and others who have billions of dollars invested in illegal aliens would see to it that it will never happen.
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

Quote Originally Posted by GoodOleDays
    Quote Originally Posted by forest
    Good point GoodOleDays, if they cannot support themselves - in full - then they should be deported asap regardless. Guess that would take care of most of them, wouldn't it?
    Trouble is, how do you keep an eye on 40 to 60,000,000 people. If they have children they will not be sent home anyway.

They may have a job the day they were processed, and then the next day they could lose it. Our own citizens are desperate for jobs, and will get even more desperate as our country declines.

These are numbers for the unemployed in random states. I assume the people who ran out of unemployment checks are not even counted here.

http://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2011/ted_20110330.htm

Unless these children are old enough to forfeit their other country's citizenship and can either be provided for by a private citizen or do so for themselves, they should be sent home with their parents. They have dual citizenship and are the responsibility of the parents and the parent's home country first.
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey

Now the truth comes out on Trump. On a case by case basis can only mean one thing, amnesty for illegals. If you're illegal, you're illegal, period!
    I am not so sure it does. That statement was very vague and could have several meanings. So far I like what I am hearing out of Trump. We need a good business man who is not afraid to stand up to anyone. I think Trump will do that. I am not going to shut this guy out so quickly but will listen to him very closely for the next few months. The truth always comes out. What ever the case, so far trump beats anybody else that is running other than Michele Bachmann. but then what about a Trump/Bachmann ticket?
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

I think you are right. They will be running for the border.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Banned
    I agree that if we stop the benefits and make it hard,if not impossible to get jobs or housing,they will self-deport!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey

Now the truth comes out on Trump. On a case by case basis can only mean one thing, amnesty for illegals. If you're illegal, you're illegal, period!
    I am not so sure it does. That statement was very vague and could have several meanings. So far I like what I am hearing out of Trump. We need a good business man who is not afraid to stand up to anyone. I think Trump will do that. I am not going to shut this guy out so quickly but will listen to him very closely for the next few months. The truth always comes out. What ever the case, so far trump beats anybody else that is running other than Michele Bachmann. but then what about a Trump/Bachmann ticket?
    You have the right to your opinion, bigtex, but for me there is nothing vague regarding his statement about looking at each illegal on a case by case basis. Once again, if you're illegal, you're illegal. Looking at illegal on a case by case basis can only have one meaning. That meaning is, each illegals fate will be determined based on the circumstances surrounding their illegality. For example, those that have been here for a certain amount of years can stay, those with citizen children (anchor babies) can stay, those attending college can stay, etc., etc. The point being, under his case by case system, there will be illegals eligible for a path to citizenship (amnesty).

As for being a good businessman, that is very debatable. He has lost million of investor dollars and had several failed business operations. He's also had his rich daddy bail him out of trouble on at least one ocassion. Trump did not drag himself up by his own boot-straps. The man came from a wealthy family and had the benefit of family money and his daddy's business connections.

Exactly how have you determined he beats anyone else running? To my knowledge there hasn't been a Republican declare yet.

Not being afraid to stand up to someone isn't worth a darn if you aren't smart enough to know when to utilize diplomacy. There's a time for chest puffing and there's a time for diplomacy.......are we so sure Trump knows the difference? It's easy to act tough for media and to talk tough on your own show, but it's a lot more difficult to know what's appropriate in a crisis situation. Honestly, I'm not so sure Trump knows anything about diplomacy. There is no question that he has a reputation for being a bully, but unfortunately the bully act doesn't always work. Remember, Bush was a bully too.

Banned
    They "follow the path of least resistance" I work in a pharmacy and see,on a daily basis, illegals from Arizona,Georgia,Utah.... and many other states that are just considering tougher laws, and they just scatter to other states! And the first thing they do is get Medicaid!!!

Exactly. Thus why saying a case by case basis rather then mass amnesty is a good way to keep middle ground support and know you really won't be granted much amnesty if any. Soon as the border is closed and all bennys are cut they will start leaving. Most won't be interested in trying to come in through legal means even a form of amnesty if it means they cannot get any benefits and must pay their entire full way. Then employers won't be as interested in hiring them when employers are required to pay them the same pay as someone else and same benefits as someone else. At that point an employer will go for someone with a decent education and can speak the language.

So that case by case basis keeps your independents thinking your not taking a hardline approach and sure a few of the best of the bunch may get in to show the good ole American graces but likely in the thousands vs millions or even hundreds of thousands. I could live with that.

Lotta good posts here though. But one has to accept that while NONE of us really want amnesty or the illegal immigration to continue and WE all want a hardliner approach the next candidate has to speak towards the independents.

And to those who say they wouldn't vote for Trump even if he won the Republican Primary... you going to vote for Obama instead? If the choice was Trump or Obama you think Obama is the better pick? Keep in mind every vote NOT for Trump at that point would be a vote for Obama as by not voting your supporting the incumbent who also has likely millions of illegal voters backing him.

ReformUSA wrote:

Lotta good posts here though. But one has to accept that while NONE of us really want amnesty or the illegal immigration to continue and WE all want a hardliner approach the next candidate has to speak towards the independents.
    See, that's where we differ. I don't think most independents support a path to legalization for illegals. I keep hearing 70-80% of the American public does not support an amnesty. Don't you think that number includes Independent voters?

And to those who say they wouldn't vote for Trump even if he won the Republican Primary... you going to vote for Obama instead? If the choice was Trump or Obama you think Obama is the better pick? Keep in mind every vote NOT for Trump at that point would be a vote for Obama as by not voting your supporting the incumbent who also has likely millions of illegal voters backing him.
    It's a huge jump to think the race will end up Obama vs. Trump. Personally, I don't think Trump has a prayer. Once he declares, if he does, the media will make his dirty laundry a thing to behold. Remember, you heard it here first, the two remaining candidates down the stretch will not include Donald Trump. Wonder if my prediction will be remembered 20 years from now.

Thus why saying a case by case basis rather then mass amnesty is a good way to keep middle ground support and know you really won't be granted much amnesty if any.
    You're making an assumption here that is based on zero facts. You can't possibly know how much or how little amnesty could be granted when individual illegals are looked at on a case by case basis. When Reagan granted a amnesty in 1986, the number that actually received amnesty was almost double the number that was projected. Personally, I'm not willing to assume Trump intended anything less than what was said.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast