Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Waukegan, IL -prime example why reform is needed.... (HELP!!

Hello,

I have a town for you. It's called Waukegan and is located approximately 45 minutes north of Chicago. We now have over a 54% hispanic population (with a great deal of them being illegal), over *10 gangs represented (a Chicago report recently stated that Waukegan had 3,000 gang members, we had a gang murder last week...) including MS-13, our schools have over 64% students who are hispanic, many schools are on the watchlist, we've had a hospital close, our Home Depot is a mecca for day workers -I could go on and on. Basically, we have had at least **two Mexican towns transplant themselves here. Our population is anywhere from 85,000 to who knows what with the illegals.

We need help. I am reading daily of communities/states taking charge of their dilemma. I am pitching this town as a perfect place for anyone who wants to get involved. The American way of life in this town for legal whites, blacks and hispanics alike is disappearing. We are proud of our diversity -yet we are drowning by the effects of our large illegal population and gangs.

Would anyone have suggestions on who to contact? Can you contact ICE for us? We need some heat. Any groups want to use our town as an example? I’d like to get some major networks in here to focus on our dilemma –in the heartland of America. I’d like our city council to follow Hazelton’s example (fine employers and landlords). Our mayor is attempting a town renaissance (luxury condo developments, new theater, etc…) -but it’s not going to well. Our town is on the lake, near some of the wealthiest communities in the state –yet we flounder in decay.

Sincerely, A frustrated citizen of Waukegan (Juankegan) (sorry for the length of post)

mayor@ci.waukegan.il.us mayor

wbiang@waukeganpd.net police chief

{taken from www.waukegan.org} -forum about immigration issues and town
    *O.K here we go, take the information that I post on here for what it is worth. First off, 56ynot had some o.k information, I'll give you a little run down of some of the gangs that I know of that are in Waukegan. First you have Latin Kings, Latin Lovers, Vice Lords, 4Corner Hustlers, O.A's, then you have Maniac Latin Disciples, Satan Disciples, Gangster Disciples, Renagade Disciples, then you have Sur 13, Norteno 14, MS-13, City Knights, Spanish Cobras, (my fingers are getting tired). Latin Kings are a very strong Hispanic gang in Waukegan has been around for years, but you have the Sur-13 gang which a few years ago no one really knew who or what they were about, they are pretty much taking over Waukegan now a days. The Maniac Latin Disciples have also been around for years in Waukegan they are still around and they used to be one of the most feared gangs in waukegan. They are laying low, but they have been responsible for several homicides in the past years. O.A's have sparked up a bit lately be seem to be on the down low. Enough of the info.

**The Washington Times
    www.washingtontimes.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jobs key issue for winner in Mexico
    By Sharon Behn
    THE WASHINGTON TIMES
    Published July 5, 2006

LaPUERTA, Mexico -- The nation's leading presidential candidates dug in for a long electoral battle yesterday, but whoever wins will have to address the anger of voters in towns like LaPuerta, who blame economic conditions for the flight of half their residents to the United States.
    About 1,000 of the original 2,000 residents of this whitewashed rural town -- whose name means "the door" -- have made their way legally or illegally to the United States, almost all of them settling in Waukegan, Ill. Those left -- wives, children, old men -- survive on the dollars sent back to them.
    The joblessness that sent the young men north became a central issue in Sunday's election, with leftist Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador promising a Mexican version of the New Deal and conservative Felipe Calderon insisting that existing free-market policies offered the surest hope for growth.
    Backed by voters in the industrial north, Mr. Calderon emerged with a 400,000-vote margin after a preliminary vote count and on Monday proclaimed himself the victor as financial markets rose on the news.
    But Mr. Lopez Obrador's campaign manager said at a press conference yesterday that his party would insist that election authorities manually recount every ballot cast, a process that could delay the final outcome for days or weeks.
    The Federal Electoral Institute was scheduled today to begin an official count, in which it would review the results from individual polling stations but not count the actual ballots. At least 38 million ballots were cast.
    There also have been concerns that Mr. Lopez Obrador's followers would stage mass protests over the outcome. The Associated Press reported yesterday from the southern state of Oaxaca that striking teachers had occupied businesses, boarded buses and blocked roads.
    LaPuerta, like Oaxaca, is Lopez Obrador country, where voters have been counting on a victory by the leftist leader to produce the jobs that would end a migration north that all agreed has become much more dangerous and difficult.
    "We hope Obrador will change the policies," said Redentor Acosta Sarinana, whose four grown children are in the United States. At 61, Mr. Acosta still works the fields, growing corn, beans and onions to sell in the local market.
    "If there were jobs for people, it would be better for them here," Mr. Acosta said as he sat in the small, neat home paid for by his sons. "My youngest son came back two years ago in December, and by April, he went back again because he could not make money."
    The mayor of the next large town, Tonatico, said rural areas like this have been hit hard by the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), which opened new markets but left Mexico's small farmers unable to compete.
    "Some people are still using a horse-drawn plow in 2006, and we have to compete with the U.S.," Tonatico Mayor Arturo Hernandez Tapia said. "If the crop fails or prices drop, the farmers are faced with starvation. For some, the question is, 'Suicide or the United States?' "
    Emigration from towns like Tonatico and LaPuerta began in the 1940s, said Juan de la Cruz Dominguez, who supports legal emigrants.
    In the 1960s and 1970s, a handful more followed. It was not until the 1980s, when rural workers no longer could make ends meet, that the flow of people leaving intensified, and it peaked in the 1990s.
    "With the fall of prices and modernization, many lost their jobs," Mr. de la Cruz said. "Now the culture has changed, and the youth don't know how to work the land."
    Mr. Hernandez, with help from the state government, is trying to capitalize on the money flowing back from the United States and has started a system of state-municipal subsidies and loans to try to get Mexican immigrants in the U.S. to invest in their hometowns -- so that fewer people leave.
    One project has helped to fund small bed-and-breakfast inns to draw tourists to the area's hot springs. Another has promoted investment in more advanced agriculture, such as the greenhouses that now cover the countryside. The projects typically are run by relatives of those who live in the U.S., but also have helped those who choose to return.
    Juan Rea Garcia was in Illinois six years working as a roofer and just returned to LaPuerta.
    Straw hat on his head, Mr. Rea said the government had given him 50 percent of the cost of a greenhouse for about 4,000 tomato plants.
    "If the project doesn't succeed, I would have to go back," he said simply.

Copyright © 2006 News World Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome!

Don't feel alone. Some of us have it worse than others. Have you contacted your State Reps and Federal Reps and complained? I know that sounds shallow but it's a good place to start. Ask your state why they are not enforcing immigration laws.

Have you organized a support group? I felt all alone, until I helped organize a rally and people started coming forward and complaining to the local paper and now we are after our politicians and our numbers are growing. You just have to start it in motion and it takes a life of its own. Trust me, lots of people here can help you.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

fedupinwaukegan
    WELCOME TO ALIPAC

It's a given that you're over the top frustrated with your situation. Lord, who wouldn't be!

A suggestion that might really help you and your neighbors begin to get a handle on this mess:
    Why not take a little time and look through our information? There is so much to absorb & so many examples that will help you form a battle plan.
    You'll find contact information that might also help you in the future.

Another thing that we're all doing is getting more aggressive in contacting our Representatives and Senators, both state & federal. Law enforcement, Mayors, etc.

Personally, I've learned that we can move mountains when Americans unite. Have you begun to form a group from your town? If you have, why not have them come here and go through the information with you. Start a call/fax/email campaign with the local officials.

One of the greatest things that I've found with ALIPAC folks is that when they need help in their respective states, many will pitch in with emails, etc. Many of those emails that the Mayor of Hazleton received were from our folks right here, lol.

Hope this helps to get you started. Look around and you'll see what I mean. It's one heck of an education.

You might also want to check around for other groups of like minded individuals. I think Chicago has a minutemen chapter perhaps some of them are from up your way? Contact the chapter and find out...
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

It will take something big, like the TOWN representatives being AGAINST illegals. Then it will take a crackdown on HOUSING/ZONING laws. It will be rough, but you will also need a local SHERIFF who is willing to enforce immigration laws as the FEDS WILL NOT. George Bush WANTS WHAT YOU HAVE~~~

Contact your local REPUBLICAN REPRESENTATIVES if you have one, or if you have a goofy democrat as the last resort try that...

Illinois is a very blue {Mod Edit} up state, thats the biggest problem...

There are laws that are not being enforced, but its in an illegal safe haven state, so you are up against a big wall......

Welcome! I live in your state as well and just about as far west as you are north from Chicago . There is the Illinios Minute Men.......but it's extreemly hard to get people together here. Atleast that's been what I've experienced.

So far....Rep. Hasert and Rep. Weller are on our side.....but Sen. Durbin and Obama are firmly standing on amnesty. There has been little support around since Chicago is a sanctuary city.

The biker group....sorry forgot their name.....brain dead today.....are meeting in Chicago today at 2.30 at the Mexican Consulate (sorry probably spelled it wrong.) Give me a sec and I'll try and find the post.

Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:20 am Post subject: Paul Revere Ride in Chicago

If you live in or near Chicago, please join us:

Rally in Chicago: July 8

Paul Revere Riders, Minutemen and friends will meet at noon, Saturday, July 8 at the Mexican Consulate in Chicago (204 S. Ashland) to protest Mexico’s policy of sending their problems to the United States. Mexico should pay for their Mexican’s education, health care and other social services, NOT United States’ Taxpayers!

At 2:30 PM the Revere Riders, Minutemen and other supporters will rally at the Oak Lawn Harley Dealer (11040 S. Cicero) to learn HOW they can change policies in Washington, DC (Doesn’t Care) and in Springfield.

Assembly points: The Riders will leave at 8 AM from the Perkins parking lot in Madison (1410 Damon). Join us anywhere along the route of I-90 or the Belvidere Oasis east of Rockford at 9:15; or just north of I-90 and Illlinois 31 where we will make a gas stop.

CB Channel 3 will be used

The Riders will spend the night (free camping) at Marseilles on Saturday, before continuing onto Springfield Sunday morning.

We need a big turn out so we can attract media attention. There's a good chance WGN Channel 9 and WLS Channel 7 will be at the Consulate.

My husband won't let me go alone for fear there might be problems and he has to work and can't come with me. The only one who would have come with me left on vacation today.

The city scares the begeebers out of me anyway and I only know how to get to the museums. I hope being in there in spirit counts coz I really wish I could be there.

Maybe you have people there that are willing to go. Hubby just figures that with the huge turnout for illegals......there would be a dangerous group there to protest our side.

fed up in Waukegan, IL

Thank you SO much for your replies and advice. I feel much better –not alone.

Waukegan is the once proud child-hood home of Jack Benny, Ray Bradbury, Vincent Price, the janitor guy from Scrubs, Jerry Orbach… We have had numerous major movies shoot scenes here. The mayor has a dream. We have the newish Genesee Theater http://www.geneseetheatre.com/index.php ... -eventlist which has had such names as Ringo Starr, Jerry Seinfeld, and Bill Cosby to name a few. There is a promised luxury condo development http://www.marquetteplace.biz/ which is already months behind the promised date to break ground. Such dreams, such hopes….

Yet, we can’t get past our awful reputation for having so many gangs and illegal aliens. There are many streets with Spanish billboards, store signs, Spanish merchandise. You go shopping in some areas and feel very much like you are in a third world country. You are looked at like you don’t belong. It’s hit or miss ordering at your favorite fast food. This sign www.illinoislitterlotto.com/DSCF0006.jpg really pissed off some people. But the mayor said there is nothing that can be done about it.

Funny enough one of our State Senators lives in Waukegan; Terry Link. We have many stately homes, some over 100 years old. The tragedy is the ones that have been carved up into multi-units. We hear tales of repairmen going into homes with ‘mattresses everywhere.’ Such potential…

What finally got me to post (I’ve lurked for months) was an article I read where a Philadelphia woman arrogantly asked at a town? Meeting, “Show me where the problems are?” I can’t find the article right now –but I thought I’ll show you what can happen if this problem is left unchecked… What has happened in my town can happen in yours.

I have emailed Sensenbrenner, IL Rep Mark Kirk, Kennedy, IL Hastert… I contacted IL Minutemen. Interesting I got an email from her stating due to a member leaving and taking the contact names –she (Rosanna Pulido) is now becoming the Midwest Minutemen. I didn’t think to see if there was a Chicago Minutemen as suggested –there is!! I will contact them this weekend too. Here is a link to a rally the IL minutemen had in Waukegan in January.

http://www.illinoisminutemanproject.com ... rapUp.html

I think our mayor is gun-shy. Awhile back the code enforcement department was going after the multifamily homes and went one step too far. The city was sued. The police department impounds vehicles ($500 to get back) when the driver has no license. These of course are mainly Hispanics. The local Latina activist (even the Hispanics don’t care for her) Margaret Carrasco is putting up a huge battle against this. I’m just going to email the mayor an article about the Hazelton mayor.

Again, sorry this is so long. Is it obvious that I am very fed-up? This could be a most excellent diverse town. I cannot at this time step forward because there have been retaliations against those that have called with noise issues, over crowdedness etc… (I have children.) But I intend to let as many people/news agencies know about us as possible. Arrogant lady in Philadelphia wake up! Look at the Border States. And look at us in the heartland of the Midwest. Over 50% of our population is Hispanic with untold tens of thousands illegal.

Any assistance, advice, or emailing this board wishes to give or do would be greatly appreciated and accepted.

I am a total immigration news junkie. Just in case someone is not aware of these sites I offer them in thanks for your help. I have many more.

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/listarticles.cgi?117

http://www.idexer.com/

http://www.immigrationwatchdog.com/

Thank you BigBird for your posts

Welcome, Fedupinwaukegan. We can all work together. Thank you for joining in with other fellow Americans who are fedupalloverAmerica !!

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast