Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

AZ-Sen Klein quotes letter calling Latino students gangsters

Sen. Klein quotes letter calling Latino students 'gangsters' .
    "we are Mexicans and Americans stole our land"
    Thursday, 17 March 2011 20:25 . By Bill Bertolino
    The Arizona Guardian

Republican Sen. Lori Klein stirred up gasps and anger during Thursday's immigration debate when she read from a letter that described most Mexican students as wanting to be "gang members and gangsters."
    The Anthem Republican cited a letter that she said was sent from a West Valley substitute teacher, who described his experience in an eighth-grade classroom.

The teacher claimed that most Mexican students in the class refused to say the pledge of allegiance, explaining that "we are Mexicans and Americans stole our land."

The letter went on to say that most of the students said they were illegal immigrants and described white Americans as racists.

Copy of the Letter (AZ Guardian)
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1200350.html#1200350

Klein read the letter during a debate about legislation that would require school districts to collect data on students who are enrolled in public shools but cannot prove legal residence. That bill failed along with four others aimed at cracking down on illegal immigration in the state, as a handful of GOP senators joined Democrats in sinking the measures.

The freshman Senator prefaced the letter by saying: "I think we all want kids to get a good education . . ." and then Klein began reading from the letter for about three minutes.

In the letter, the teacher described a raucous classroom in which students tore out the pages of textbooks, wadded them up and threw the paper and books at each other.

"I thought, 'Are these the students we are trying to educate with taxpayers' money?' I have found that substitute teaching in these areas, most of the Hispanics do not want to be educated but rather be gang members and gangsters," Klein quoted from the letter. "They hate America and are determined to reclaim this area for Mexico."

The Arizona Guardian on Friday requested a copy of the letter, which was provided by Senate staff. The letter was originally addressed to Senate President Russell Pearce. But the letter obtained by the Guardian did not disclose the name of the teacher or his contact information. Requests have since been made for that information, but have not been immediately provided.

Klein's floor speech got personal when the letter invoked Democratic Sen. Steve Gallardo as being a key player in supporting illegal immigration policies.

Gallardo, a Cartwright Elementary School Board member, took the floor minutes later and gave an emotional speech.

"I've had the honor of being here at the State Capitol since 2003 ... and I don't think I've ever heard any floor speech similar to one that was just given out right now," Gallardo said. "They do not have dreams to be gang members. They do not want to be thugs or whatever you want to phrase it as. These are good kids."

Moments after the exchange, several members of the Democratic caucus approached newly elected Senate Majority Leader Andy Biggs to voice concerns about Klein's floor speech.

Biggs later said the Democrats voiced complaints about the letter being offensive and calls into question Gallardo's character. Biggs said he talked to both sides and the issue was eventually diffused.

Klein refused to be interviewed after the Senate recessed.

Gallardo later said he had moved on from the comments.

"Sticks and stones. I've been called a lot worse. Besides, she carries a gun, so I can't be mad at her," Gallardo quipped about Klein, who is known to carry a firearm in her purse inside the Senate building.

But the Phoenix Democrat said Klein - while reading someone else's words - clearly was implying that Mexican students are more interested in crime than education.
    "What she was saying was these kids are not here to get an education. They are here to be disruptive. They're here to be gang members and cause harm to our community," Gallardo said. "That's what she is saying and that's unfortunate."
    http://www.arizonaguardian.com/azg/inde ... Itemid=236

I find it very sad that instead of trying to address the concerns in the letter, the first thing the Democrats did were deny and attack.

Do they really think that by attacking the credibility of the Senator and whoever wrote that letter that it automatically makes the letter wrong? Do they think that this trick still works on people?

Banned
    Thats what happens when you tell the truth on this Issue. The left-wing loons and their amnesty agenda friends play "shoot the messenger" and try to call everyone "racist". Sometimes the TRUTH really strikes a nerve with them .... TS

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    Thats what happens when you tell the truth on this Issue. The left-wing loons and their amnesty agenda friends play "shoot the messenger" and try to call everyone "racist". Sometimes the TRUTH really strikes a nerve with them .... TS
    Want some proof?

you should look again we don't want your country we don't want you in our country . we are Not racest you are the one that don't Like the American so don't hand us that BS you . i don't like it when all
    Of Illegal Immigrants come over to Our country & want every thing & get it & the American can not get On SB dime. so don't come & say we are racest that all Obama doing . & I hope MR Trump or william
    Joe from AZ or Palin get In . why we all want our country back & every illegal Immgrant from every part Of the country the hell Out
    you come Over & think right a way you run it well you don't

No amnesty
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They don't want to hear the truth. They only want to hear sob stories.

They want the teacher's name that wrote the letter so he can be destroyed in the public eye for having dared to speak out against the new authoritarian state.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Want some proof?
    Baby gang criminal.

I think many are attending schools with American students.
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

Banned
    I find it amusing that the Democrats want to label the Republicans as racist ...Strom Thurman ,need I say more!

Quote Originally Posted by sugarhighwolf
    I find it very sad that instead of trying to address the concerns in the letter, the first thing the Democrats did were deny and attack.

Do they really think that by attacking the credibility of the Senator and whoever wrote that letter that it automatically makes the letter wrong? Do they think that this trick still works on people?
    It's because they know that letter is true, so they use an ad hominem attack. This is all the illegal invader sympathizers and illegal invaders are good for.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast