Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 1,400 American Workers Outraged as Company Informs Them It’s Sending Their Jobs to Me

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

1,400 American Workers Outraged as Company Informs Them It’s Sending Their Jobs to Me

1,400 American Workers Outraged as Company Informs Them It’s Sending Their Jobs to Mexico

by JULIA HAHN
    12 Feb 2016
    Washington D.C.
    1,811 comments

Video footage has emerged documenting the outrage and desperation of 1,400 American workers as they are informed that their company will be sending their jobs to Mexico.

As Mediaite reports: “A cell phone video taken at Carrier Air Conditioner in Indianapolis shows the exact moment that the plant and union workers were told that the company had decided to shift production south of the border. ‘The best way to stay competitive and protect the business for longterm is to move production from our facility in Indianapolis to Monterrey, Mexico,’ says the company representative at the microphone.”

“Let’s quiet down,” the company representative says as the American workers of different races and ethnicities begin to shout out after being told that they will soon be out of a job.

Although the establishment media seems loath to report it, globalist trade deals and the off-shoring of American jobs have become a central focus of the 2016 race– as earlier this month President Obama’s signed what could arguably be one of the impactful trade agreements in modern history, the Trans-Pacific Partnership.

The Economic Policy Institute has documented that “Between 1993 (before NAFTA took effect) and 2013, the U.S. trade deficit with Mexico and Canada increased from $17.0 billion to $177.2 billion, displacing more than 850,000 U.S. jobs.”

“More than 5 million U.S. manufacturing jobs were lost between 1997 and 2014, and most of those job losses were due to growing trade deficits with countries that have negotiated trade and investment deals with the United States,” the report states.

Mexico is a member country of the TPP. The Economic Policy Institute notes, “the United States already has a large and growing trade deficit with the 11 other countries in the proposed TPP, which reached $265.1 billion in 2014. In contrast, the United States had a small trade surplus with Mexico in 1993, before NAFTA took effect. In other words, outsourcing to the TPP countries is a potentially much greater threat than it was under NAFTA with Mexico.”

Donald Trump has made his opposition to the Trans-Pacific Partnership a focal point of his campaign. To date, he is the only candidate to respond to Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) candidate questionnaire, which addresses the critical issue of trade.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) previously endorsed the TPP, although he now says he will not tell voters how he will vote on the deal until most of the primaries are over.

While Cruz now says he will not support the TPP “in its current form,” Cruz had previously supported Obama’s trade agenda. Cruz had even co-authored an op-ed with Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) in the Wall Street Journal in favor of fast-tracking TPP. On May 22nd, Cruz voted for fast-tracking TPP, before he eventually reversed his support for fast-track, citing specific concerns about the deal’s provisions regarding immigration law and the export-import bank.

Throughout his campaign, Trump has repeatedly pledged to crack down on the offshoring of American jobs. This has been a central platform of Trump’s campaign since the day he began his bid for the Presidency. As he declared when he first announced his candidacy over half a year ago, “Ford announced a few weeks ago that Ford is going to build a $2.5 billion car and truck and parts manufacturing plant in Mexico. $2.5 billion, it’s going to be one of the largest in the world. Ford.”

Trump said that if he were President,

I would call up the head of Ford… I would say, ‘Congratulations. That’s the good news. Let me give you the bad news. Every car and every truck and every part manufactured in this plant that comes across the border, we’re going to charge you a 35-percent tax, and that tax is going to be paid simultaneously with the transaction,’ and that’s it…

If it’s not me in the position, it’s one of these politicians that we’re running against… [then] here’s what’s going to happen. They’re not so stupid. They know it’s not a good thing, and they may even be upset by it. But then they’re going to get a call from the donors or probably from the lobbyist for Ford and say, ‘You can’t do that to Ford, because Ford takes care of me and I take care of you, and you can’t do that to Ford.’

And guess what? No problem. They’re going to build in Mexico. They’re going to take away thousands of jobs. It’s very bad for us. So under President Trump, here’s what would happen: the head of Ford will call me back, I would say within an hour after I told them the bad news… And he’ll say, ‘Please, please, please.’ He’ll beg for a little while, and I’ll say, ‘No interest.’ Then he’ll call all sorts of political people, and I’ll say, “Sorry, fellas. No interest,” because I don’t need anybody’s money… I don’t need anybody’s money.

I’m using my own money. I’m not using the lobbyists. I’m not using donors. I don’t care.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...obs-to-mexico/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Disgusting.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    I would call up the head of Ford… I would say, ‘Congratulations. That’s the good news. Let me give you the bad news. Every car and every truck and every part manufactured in this plant that comes across the border, we’re going to charge you a 35-percent tax, and that tax is going to be paid simultaneously with the transaction,’ and that’s it…
    If only it were that simple. Unfortunately our president can't assign such a tax on his own. Doing so would bring a lawsuit from the offended country to be heard by the World Trade Organization (WTO). We would lose because assigning the tax to a corporations exports to the U.S. would be a violation of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). There are laws in the agreement that protect each country in membership. The only way to get around this is a complete repeal of NAFTA by the U.S. Congress.

In addition to NAFTA, automakers are attracted to Mexico because of much lower labor costs and the country's proximity to the U.S., not to mention their other free-trade accords with European Union members, Japan, Colombia and other countries. It's a shame that folks like Ford and GM feel no loyalty to the U.S. considering the fact that they have benefited greatly from federal largesse (our tax dollars) for decades.

We need to repeal NAFTA and withdraw our membership from the World Trade Oganization (WTO). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe our U.S. Congress votes on continuing membership in the WTO every 5 years.

Your intentions are good Donald, but no, a simple phone call to Ford won't take care of this problem.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

They say Mexico will have 25 percent of the North American auto production, too. So after they have cleaned out our welfare system, planted their anchor babies here, then they can go back to Mexico with their SSI payments and work for something close to US minimum wage.

Report: Ford to double production in Mexico

Brent Snavely, Detroit Free Press 5:35 p.m. EST February 8, 2016

(Photo: KAREN BLEIER, AFP/Getty Images)

455 CONNECTTWEETLINKEDIN 21 COMMENTEMAILMORE

Ford is planning to double its vehicle production in Mexico by 2018 as it builds a new plant and expands an existing plant, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal.
    News of Ford's expansion plans come just months after the UAW negotiated a more expensive labor contract with the Detroit Three.
    Ford, along with nearly all other automakers, have been expanding rapidly in Mexico in recent years to capitalize on the country's lower labor rates, efficient port and rail system and free trade agreements.
    In June, Ford confirmed plans to end production of the Ford Focus and Ford C-Max at Michigan Assembly in Wayne in 2018 and move production of those cars outside of the country. Ford has not said it will make those cars in Mexico but few auto observers think the automaker would move production to Canada.
    The Journal said Ford plans to add 500,000 units of annual capacity in Mexico starting in 2018, which is double the amount it built in 2015. Citing people familiar with the matter, the Journal said Ford's new assembly complex will be based in San Luis Potosi. Ford also plans to expand an existing plant in Cuautitlán.
    A Ford spokeswoman declined to comment.
    On Friday, UAW President Dennis Williams said automotive investment in Mexico is a "huge problem."
    Williams argues that Ford, as well as General Motors and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, are all earning profits now in North America and says they don't need to move production to make profit.
    "There is no reason, mathematically, to go ahead and run to countries like Mexico, Thailand and Taiwan," Williams said.
    Last edited by Captainron; 02-12-2016 at 10:15 PM.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

UAW better wake up and endorse a Presidential candidate who will stop this in its tracks. And we know who that is.

Someone doesn't seem to have much confidence in our Republican Congress to fix our country. Democrats will repeal NAFTA, CAFTA and every other free trade treason agreement with a phone call from the White House. Republicans need to get on the Trump Train or be left at the station of irrelevancy. Mexico has violated NAFTA which means the United States can declare it in violation and null the agreement. American companies operating in Mexico are not protected as a "country", they're US companies operating in Mexico backhauling their goods into the US, so they can be taxed separately from Mexican companies. There's a lot to these international trade agreements, so if people don't know by now, they should learn quickly, that underestimating the knowledge of Donald Trump on these issues is a fruitless endeavor.

When you look for reasons why some democrats are supporting Trump, here it is. I am almost certain that all of those 1400 workers who lost their jobs voted democratically the last presidential election. Not so sure this time, the wounds are wide open. Is it time to boycott Ford? Is it time to put together a list of American companies that moved to Mexico and are selling back into the US market? Eventually you have to take a stand or be stood on!

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    UAW better wake up and endorse a Presidential candidate who will stop this in its tracks. And we know who that is.
    I don't understand how some of the biggest contributors to the democratic party are unions that are adversely affected by democratically sponsored trade and immigration policies that export valuable jobs and import cheaper labor.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Someone doesn't seem to have much confidence in our Republican Congress to fix our country. Democrats will repeal NAFTA, CAFTA and every other free trade treason agreement with a phone call from the White House. Republicans need to get on the Trump Train or be left at the station of irrelevancy. Mexico has violated NAFTA which means the United States can declare it in violation and null the agreement. American companies operating in Mexico are not protected as a "country", they're US companies operating in Mexico backhauling their goods into the US, so they can be taxed separately from Mexican companies. There's a lot to these international trade agreements, so if people don't know by now, they should learn quickly, that underestimating the knowledge of Donald Trump on these issues is a fruitless endeavor.
    Corporations also are protected entities under NAFTA. The only way to end these protections is through a repeal of NAFTA. A phone call from the White House will not repeal NAFTA, it will take legislation. Not living up to the agreement will not void NAFTA. That's where the WTO comes in. Complaints are to be handled by lawsuits orginating from the offended party. If the Democrats were so gung-ho on repealing NAFTA, why didn't they submit a bill to do just that when they had control of the congress? Repealing NAFTA will require enough votes from both parties unless one party has a veto proof majority (with every party member in agreement) but so far the will hasn't been there to attempt it. Unfortunately not all Democrats support the repeal of NAFTA, nor do all Republicans, it will take bi-partisan support. No, the President can't act alone to repeal NAFTA.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Donald Trump On Ford, Carrier, Shipping Jobs To Mexico: ‘I’m The Only One Who Underst

Donald Trump On Ford, Carrier, Shipping Jobs To Mexico: ‘I’m The Only One Who Understands What’s Going On’

by MATTHEW BOYLE
    12 Feb 2016
    Washington, DC
    2,498 comments

Donald Trump, the billionaire and national GOP presidential frontrunner who just won the New Hampshire primary and is polling ahead of the field in South Carolina, is seizing a major political opportunity with the news that Ford and Carrier are shipping thousands of U.S. jobs to Mexico.

In a new exclusive interview with Breitbart News, Trump responded to the news that Ford Motor Company is doubling production capacity at a factory in Mexico, instead of expanding in the United States.

He also responded to the news that Carrier, an Indianapolis-based air-conditioning manufacturer, and a division of United Technologies, is shipping 1,400 jobs to Mexico.

Trump noted that his planned border wall with Mexico has “economic reasons” behind it as well as the obvious security reasons. “I’ve been telling everybody this from day one: We’re going to have nothing left,” Trump told Breitbart News.

"The steel [production] is going to be there. The cars are going to be there. Mexico is going to be the car capitol of the world. Michigan is being decimated. That’s why I’m doing so well in Michigan—because people say I’m the only one who understands what’s going on. The other candidates have no clue as to what’s going on. I’m talking about it all the time. There’s even a piece of the reason that I like the wall is for economic reasons. They’re coming over here doing whatever they want to do economically."

On Friday, shocking cell phone video of workers at Carrier being fired en masse emerged. A company executive can be heard saying “it became clear that the best way to stay competitive and to protect the business for the long term is to move production from our facility in Indianapolis to Monterrey, Mexico.”

The stunned workers protested the company executive making the announcement, shouting and booing at him—some using vulgarities.

“Listen, I’ve got information that’s important to share as part of the transition if we can go ahead,” the executive continues. “If you don’t want to hear it, other people do. So let’s quiet down, thank you very much.”

Then he dropped another bomb. “We also intend to relocate the distribution center from Indianapolis as well,” he said. “Relocating our operations to Monterrey will allow us to maintain high levels of product quality at competitive prices and continue to serve the extremely price sensitive marketplace. I want to be clear: This is strictly a business decision.”

After more shouting—and more pleading from the executive for the workers to settle down—he continued by noting that the workers who filled jobs in that facility were all performing well, but it’s simply a cost-cutting measure to ship all their jobs to Mexicans in Monterrey.

“It’s important you understand there will be no impact on jobs today—in fact the first transition won’t take place until the middle of 2017,” the company executive says. “We expect the move to take place in phases, over approximately three years to ramp down our operations, in the Indianapolis facility. We expect the transition to continue through 2019.”

A chief reason why it’s cheaper for these companies to do business in Mexico instead of in the United States is because of globalist trade deals, including the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) portion of Obamatrade.

The TPP is backed by several major GOP presidential candidates, and includes Mexico in the deal—along with a group of other Pacific Rim nations.

Trump warned in his exclusive interview with Breitbart News that this is only the beginning of what’s going to come if he isn’t elected president—and if he doesn’t use the office to reverse the trend by implementing policies that make it more expensive for companies like Ford and Carrier, among others, to do business like this.

“There’s only one way you’re going to reverse it, and that’s that you’re going to have to make it more expensive to do business that way,” Trump told Breitbart News.

"First of all, you’re going to have to look to lower taxes [for those who do business inside the United States]—and we may very well have to charge taxes at the border, when somebody drives a car through the border to sell it in the United States. But look, we’ve closed our plants. We’ve lost our jobs. They’re no going to build cars in Mexico and sell them in the United States, okay? We can lower our taxes, and we’re probably going to have to charge a surtax at the border. Otherwise we’re going to lose a fortune. And that will help Ford and other people make a decision to buy in the United States, to build in the United States."

Trump’s latest interview with Breitbart News focused first on how Mexican drug cartels should be, in his view, treated like an “enemy army” south of the border and secondly on these trade issues. More from Trump’s latest exclusive interview with Breitbart News is forthcoming soon.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...hats-going-on/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast