Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    They can say they want to secede but it will never happen the congress and other citizens wont stand for it.All this is going to do is cause alot of talk and no actions.

Exactly. Unless those people are prepared to resist the power of the state and federal government and the force they can bring to bear, it ain't gonna happen. The State of California isn't going to just let them go and it's highly unlikely the Federal Government would sign off on it either.

Now if they were wanting to set up a new state as a "sanctuary state" where illegals were all alllowed, then I'm sure there'd be no problem.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    Interesting. I wonder what the law says about something like this? Wouldn't Congress have to approve the creation of a new state?
    Depends on the state constitution and details during the annexation by the US.

Texas can split into five states. California was also a Republic prior to annexation.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have the misfortune of living in stones district, and ya gotta think about it, why would'nt his own district support his recent bid for Ca senate? Why did his district lose 80,000 people while all other districts gained population? Could it be that big developers, (that only hire illegals to keep profits high) asked stone to clear the way for their high dollar eleteist housing projects by using various county agencies to harrass people until they got fed up and moved out of this district?
    You can bet that stone is going to make big bucks just on this proposal, and further, you can bet he's going to try to weasel his way in to be governer of south mexifornia, and it will be the new place to be for illegals. As has been said look what he and his family have done to the town of Temecula.
    Just my humble opinions, but don't be so apathetic or lazy to vet all your elected officials and know where they truly stand on issues that concern you!

Kind of interesting. Says CA has made 27 attempts.

The most recent attempts:
    The California State Senate voted on June 4, 1965, to divide California into two states, with the Tehachapi Mountains as the boundary. Sponsored by State Senator Richard J. Dolwig (D-San Mateo), the resolution proposed to separate the 7 southern counties, with a majority of the state's population, from the 51 other counties, and passed 27-12. To be effective, the amendment would have needed approval by the State Assembly, by California voters, and by the United States Congress. As expected by Dolwig, the proposal did not get out of committee in the Assembly.[11] A previous proposal to this effect, the Pico Act, was advanced in 1859-1860 but was tabled due to the American Civil War and never revived (see above).
    In 1992, State Assemblyman Stan Statham sponsored a bill to allow a referendum in each county on a partition into three new states: North, Central, and South California. The proposal passed in the State Assembly but died in the State Senate.[12][13]
    In the wake of the 2003 gubernatorial recall, Tim Holt[14] and Martin Hutchinson[15] proposed in newspaper op-eds that the state should split into as many as four new states, dividing distinct geographically and politically defined regions as the Bay Area, North Coast, and Central Valley, as well as the historic Shasta/Jefferson region, into their own states.
    In early 2009, former State Assemblyman Bill Maze began lobbying to split thirteen coastal counties, which usually vote Democratic, into a separate state to be known as either "Coastal California" or "Western California." Maze's primary reason for wanting to split the state was because of how "conservatives don't have a voice" and how Los Angeles and San Francisco "control the state." The counties that would make up the new state would be Marin, Contra Costa, Alameda, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, San Benito, Monterey, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura, and Los Angeles Counties (San Luis Obispo and Ventura Counties vote Republican more often than Democratic but are included for geographic contiguity).[16]
    In June 2011, Riverside County Supervisor Jeff Stone called for Riverside, Imperial, San Diego, Orange, San Bernardino, Kings, Kern, Fresno, Tulare, Inyo, Madera, Mariposa and Mono Counties to separate from California to form the new state of South California. State officials responded derisively, with governor Jerry Brown's spokesman issuing the statement "What is this, 1860?" and fellow supervisor Bob Buster calling Stone "crazy," suggesting "Stone has gotten too much sun recently."[1

List of U.S. state partition proposals
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U. ... _proposals
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

They can say they want to secede but it will never happen the congress and other citizens wont stand for it.All this is going to do is cause alot of talk and no actions.

Exactly. Unless those people are prepared to resist the power of the state and federal government and the force they can bring to bear, it ain't gonna happen. The State of California isn't going to just let them go and it's highly unlikely the Federal Government would sign off on it either.

Now if they were wanting to set up a new state as a "sanctuary state" where illegals were all alllowed, then I'm sure there'd be no problem.
    I'm sure the state and fed gov wouldn't like it, but who cares? They're not doing what they're supposed to. The question is can the fed or state of Cal legally stop these counties if they want to secede? Can congress stop them? I thought the federal gov is only supposed to have the power the states give to them. Somehow its been all turned around. But that doesn't mean it should be that way, or has to be, or it can't be changed back.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

April
    Alipac needs your Help!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1241763.html#1241763

Quote Originally Posted by builditnow

I'm sure the state and fed gov wouldn't like it, but who cares? They're not doing what they're supposed to. The question is can the fed or state of Cal legally stop these counties if they want to secede? Can congress stop them? I thought the federal gov is only supposed to have the power the states give to them. Somehow its been all turned around. But that doesn't mean it should be that way, or has to be, or it can't be changed back.
    Yes, I'm sure the State of California and/or the Federal government would NEVER do anything illegal to protect their own interests.

What I'm saying is, if the state and federal government don't want it to happen, it won't happen. The government will use force to make sure it doesn't - legal or not. If the State or the Feds don't agree with it and the proponents press the issue, they'll arrest the leaders and throw them in jail and use military force if needed.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    What's he going to do with all the illegal invaders currently squatting within his district? Riverside is loaded with illegal invaders! What's the plan for that?
    Riverside County is a 287g county and participates in the I.C.E. Secure Community Program too.

Fact Sheet: Delegation of Immigration Authority Section 287(g ...
    U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement .... CALIFORNIA, Riverside County Sheriff's Office, JAIL ENFORCEMENT, 2006-04-28, link ...
    www.ice.gov/news/library/factsheets/287g.htm

ALL 58 CA. Counties now I.C.E. Secure Communities
    2/24/2011
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-229387.html

California 287g counties
    Los Angeles, San Diego, Imperial, Riverside, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Solano, San Joaquin, Sonoma, Sacramento, Stanislaus, and Ventura.
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1190243.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Official Calls For Riverside, 12 Other Counties To Secede From California

ONE GUY suggested this.

Not likely to happen anytime soon, or ever.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    Official Calls For Riverside, 12 Other Counties To Secede From California

ONE GUY suggested this.

Not likely to happen anytime soon, or ever.
    I agree, I don't think theres any chance of such a thing happening right now, I know this was just one guy. But I wish it would. I've been curious for a long time now about the possibility of a state seceding from the union, if things ever get much worse. I never considered the possibility of counties seceding from a state. Its an interesting idea. Though obviously, they'd still be stuck with the same federal gov.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast