Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

working4change
    51st state would be a red state

51st state: thirteen conservative counties may look into separating from their blue state.

Thirteen mostly conservative California counties would break away to create a 51st state known as South California under a proposal by an elected official that would have to clear major hurdles to succeed.

Republican Jeff Stone has asked fellow members of the Riverside County Board of Supervisors to support a motion to bring together officials from the 13 counties to discuss the idea.

A vote on the proposed meeting is scheduled for Tuesday.

Stone said California is too big to govern, a situation that has led the state to raid local government coffers because of runaway spending. He knows it will be a challenge to create another state but doesn't believe it's an impossible task.

"We are sending a message," Stone told the Los Angeles Times.

The effort marks the latest in scores of secession movements in California dating back to the 1850s that aimed to cleave the state and split counties and cities.

Even if leaders from the 13 counties got serious about secession, the U.S. Constitution says no new state can be formed without the consent of Congress and the state Legislature.

An e-mail message left by The Associated Press for Stone's chief of staff, Verne Lauritzen, was not immediately returned.

Gil Duran, a spokesman for California Gov. Jerry Brown, said Stone's proposal is "a supremely ridiculous waste of everybody's time."

"If you want to live in a Republican state with very conservative right-wing laws, then there's a place called Arizona," Duran told the newspaper.

Stone's version of South California would not include Los Angeles County. Instead, it would encompass coastal Orange and San Diego counties, and more sparsely populated, inland areas such as Fresno, Imperial, Inyo, Kern, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Mono, Riverside, San Bernardino and Tulare counties.

Combined, those counties have about 13 million people.

Stone also proposed that South California would have a part-time Legislature with no term limits as well as a newly built capitol building.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-New ... -red-state

RELATED

What the constitution says about making a new state

@ http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-243340.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I've lived in riverside for most of my life and agree something needs to change! I don't see this happening though the state needs all the taxes it can get and wouldn't let easy money go! The reason the state caters to illegals is because they and their families make up more than half of the population in most cities! Because the real americans choose to run away instead of fight for what's there's. Its very sad but true! We've all heard of and possibly even know people who have fled. This is what will happen in every city/county across the U.S. when neighbour hoods start to change demografic's. This is also the reason we have no real politician's in our state goverment their only concern is to cater to these people for the future of their career's. Again I live here and have watched the changes over the years its very sad for me to see it all go down hill and have felt powerless more and more in recent years. This is why I seek knowledge and friends from these websites. I refuse to run away and let these invaders have free run of my home!

Thirteen mostly conservative California counties would break away to create a 51st state known as South California under a proposal by an elected official that would have to clear major hurdles to succeed.
    ======================================

The 9th District Court of Appeals would have these thirteen counties for breakfast. Served up by Eric Holder and Janet Napolitano at a LaRaza brunch.
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456