Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"This is probably the worst I've seen in my 27 years of police work," adds Vanover.
    Hey, ever think of ENFORCING THE LAW and getting rid of ILLEGALS?

NO, of course not! That might tread on their 'rights' - right?

Shame on those parents!!!!

For the sake of a few bucks, they put their children at risk
    Was the money WORTH IT? Was it????
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I do feel for the parents of this child however they should not have hired illegal aliens to work for them and allow him to live in their home. Their child just might be alive today if they had followed our laws. This just goes on day after day in this country and our government does nothing about it. How many more citizens will have to die for us to have our laws enforced?
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    For the sake of a few bucks, they put their children at risk
    Was the money WORTH IT? Was it????
    No amount of money is worth putting a child in harms way.

How many times now have we read of illegal aliens turning on their employers and their families?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So they saved a few bucks on the help, so what.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

MORE BLOOD ON BUSH'S HANDS

Enforce our existing immigration laws you freaking idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by pjr40
    So they saved a few bucks on the help, so what.

Yep..............

That's what the price of their child was........

Also as far as the "other guy"...
    The material witness

If he stood by and knew this was going on,
    He should be made to pay and sent back over the border......

Neils
    12:30 pm
    04/18/2007

Garcia could face the death penalty but a psychiatrist will have to certify that he would be a danger to society before the death penalty can be sought in Texas.

Funeral arrangements for Joey Zhang-Liu are still pending

You know, sometimes things are just so idiotic that there is no need to respond. Just let them speak for themselves.

Didn't pick up on that Proud.

What kind of stupid law is that. This illegal's already killed a child. Looks like that's proof enough that he's a danger to society.

The ACLU is probably there right now on their knees at the feet of this murder showing him pity and begging to defend him for being such low life scum.

George Lopez will probably bail him out, have him on his show and make fun of Americans that are heart broken over the lose of more innocent life.

Bush and the Congress love and enjoy these tragedies or they would of stopped them long ago. Pigs at the trough...slopping up the crap own all this and thats their legacy. That's the best they can do for U.S.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Two arrested in Carthage boy's murder
    Carthage comes out to support family of Joey Zhe Liu Zhang
    By SANDRA CASON
    Marshall News Messenger
    Thursday, April 19, 2007
    MARSHALL — A local minister says this community has characteristically embraced a young couple of Chinese descent as they deal with their son's violent death.

(enlarge photo)
    Joey Zhe Liu Zhang
    Funeral services for Joey Zhe Liu Zhang, 4, of Carthage were 1 p.m. Wednesday at Hawthorn Funeral Home Chapel with the Rev. Barney Bryant officiating.

An illegal Mexican immigrant who lived with the boy's family and worked in their restaurant has confessed to murdering the boy. He remains in Panola County Detention Center under a $12 million bond.

A second illegal immigrant from Mexico — who also worked for and lived in the Zhang home — is being held without bond as a "material witness," Panola County District Attorney Danny Buck Davidson said.

Bryant, pastor of Parkway Baptist Church, said the crowd that gathered for the service was "of every diversity. We crossed every barrier — racial, economic and religious."

A spokeswoman for Hawthorn Funeral Home estimated the crowd at between 100 and 150 people.

Bryant said Wednesday: "There was a steady stream of visitors this morning and the chapel was packed. I would call it a full house."

The pastor said he was chosen to officiate at the service because he knew Joey's parents "from the restaurant." Ling Jing Liu and Wen Zhang came to Carthage about three years ago and opened a Chinese restaurant, Bryant explained.

"He was a shy little boy," Bryant said of Joey, "but he was coming around and getting more friendly. He didn't hardly speak English."

The boy's obituary noted he enjoyed playing with his friends at the Child Development Center of Central Baptist Church, where he attended day care. "Joey brought happiness to many people through his bright eyes and happy smile," the obituary also said.

The district attorney said he does not intend to try the case in the press. "I'm not going to try it in the newspaper; I'm going to try it in Panola County. I'd rather not have a lot to say. I'm going to keep a low profile," Davidson said Tuesday.

"We just now sent off the forensic evidence. We have DNA and we'll have to wait for results to come from the crime lab. That's going to take a while."

A preliminary autopsy may be released later this week, however.

"He signed a confession," Davidson said of Rogelio Chavez Garcia, 27, "but he's gonna have some attorneys and they're going to be real good. I want to prove my case with DNA. I'm not going to rush to judgement. I'll wait 'til I get all the evidence."

But, he added: "As I've told a lot of folks, I strongly believe there's a special place in hell for him."

Garcia has been charged with capital murder and Davidson is expected to seek the death penalty.

According to police information, the victim's mother called 911 at 3:30 a.m. Sunday screaming that someone had killed her son.

Police said that when they arrived at the home on Woodmill Lane, they discovered the child had already turned blue and their attempts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful.

He was taken to East Texas Medical Center in Carthage where he was pronounced dead.

Dr. David M. Geary, attending physician, told investigators Joey suffered a broken upper right arm and had bruising around his jaw, his right ear and throat and had been sexually assaulted.

Reports are that Garcia confessed to strangling the boy.

"He's a little angel sent here from God — and to sexually abuse him? It's unspeakable," Davidson said.

The DA said "another Mexican national is being held as a material witness. He's in the jail as well and we swabbed him too. We're not holding him for a crime but as a subject of interest."

Davidson said Jose Garcia Monreal also lived in the home and worked for the family. "They're relative newcomers to Carthage," the DA said of the Zhangs.

"They have (another) very young child — a six-month old girl. Of course they're devastated by this and I wouldn't be surprised if they moved. They were just too trusting."

Bryant said "the community has embraced the parents and is sharing in their loss. That says something about the family. They are a young couple — very friendly, out-going and easy to get to know."

Asked if he had any other comments, Bryant admitted: "I don't know what to say. I hardly knew what to say at the funeral. Quote me as saying I am very proud of the out-pouring of love from our community.

"Carthage has been known for that in the past. I remember a few years ago when a couple of game wardens died here. The community came together then and what they have done for this family is no less caring and, I believe, the concern is genuine."

Davidson said the Mexican Consulate had "called one or two times" about the two men in custody. "I've never had to deal with the Mexican Consulate before," he added.

The DA said he does not intend to release either man from custody because "we have no extradition treaties with Mexico."

Joey was born Jan. 11, 2003, in Manhattan, N.Y., to Ling Jing Liu and Wen Zhang.

He is survived by his parents; his sister, Jaya Zhang; grandparents, Yong Deng Liu and Xiu Juan Qui of China and Yi Ping Zhang and Xiu Qing Ouyang of New York City, N.Y.; uncles and aunts, Wu Zhang of Lufkin, Allison Zheng of Shreveport, La., and Lin Qiang Liu and Lin Yan Liu, both of China.

The Longview News-Journal contributed to this story.

Sponsored Links
    http://www.lufkindailynews.com/hp/conte ... illed.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123