Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Sources have told NewsChannel 4's Brian Thompson that the suspects tried to have a training videotape converted to DVD at a store in Cherry Hill, N.J., but the store owner alerted authorities.
    Wow, give that person a medal - good catch! (Thanks)
    here is more on that:http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...071ftdix1.html

Fort Dix Terror Plot Foiled
    FBI: New Jersey jihadists targeted servicemen at Army base

MAY 8--A group of Islamic radicals conspired to kill U.S. servicemen at New Jersey's Fort Dix Army base, but the plot was disrupted when the FBI infiltrated the cell with two paid informants. The terror plan is detailed in the below FBI affidavit, which was filed today in U.S. District Court in Camden, where the six plotters have been charged with planning to kill military members. According to the affidavit, investigators began probing the cell last January, when a video store worker contacted them after a customer brought a DVD to be duplicated. The DVD showed 10 young men "Shooting assault weapons at a firing range in a militia-like style while calling for jihad and shouting in Arabic 'Allah Akbar' ('God is Great')." Within six months, the FBI had placed two cooperating witnesses within the terror cell, and both recorded meetings and phone conversations with the plotters. Along with eyeing Fort Dix, members of the group allegedly surveilled the Lakehurst Naval Air Engineering Station and Fort Monmouth in New Jersey, Dover Air Force Base in Delaware, and a Coast Guard building in Philadelphia. They also reportedly considered an attack timed to the annual Army-Navy college football game in Philadelphia. One of the charged conspirators, Serdar Tatar, was familiar with Fort Dix because his family owns a pizzeria nearby and he had delivered food there. Tatar allegedly obtained a map of the military base and provided it to his cohorts. The wannabe jihadists often viewed terror training videos, clips featuring Osama bin Laden, and a tape containing the last will and testament of at least two of the 9/11 hijackers. They also viewed tapes depicting armed attacks on U.S. military personnel and erupted in laughter when one plotter noted that a Marine's arm was blown off in one such ambush. The affidavit notes that the group recently trained at a firing range in the Poconos (where they rented a house in Gouldsboro, Pennsylvania). In a conversation recorded last month by one FBI informant, alleged conspirator Dritan Duka spoke about the need for secrecy. "I got five kids so I don't wanna go down," said Duka, who added that were he to be caught, people might think, "I'm a terrorist." (20 pages)

Charlesoakisland wrote:
    Fox news just advised 3 are here ILLEGALLY
    This can't be possible. Just a few weeks ago President Boosh advised us that our borders were secure and we all were safe here in America
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Six Islamic militants from Yugoslavia and the Middle East were arrested on charges of plotting to attack the Fort Dix Army post and "kill as many soldiers as possible," authorities said Tuesday.

White House spokesman Tony Snow said Tuesday there is "no direct evidence" that the men have ties to international terrorism.

What kind of evidence do we need to see? Should they wear a picture badge? Should they have a tattoo on their foreheads? They are Islamic Militants, they are here illegally. They have been training in the Pocono Mountains, shooting targets. What is the criteria for deciding who is a terrorist?
    Is THIS why we are so bogged down in Iraq? This kind of double talk?
    This kind of politically correct word play?
    Oh My God what I wouldn't give for someone to speak plainly and honestly to us. Just say it! Who cares who gets offended.
    I am offended that our soldiers were being plotted against on our own soil. I am offended that we call them anything but what they are.
    Somebody please speak the truth for once!

Geez, but don't I feel PROUD of my state and her CORRUPT elected officials
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    But you should be proud of that citizen who turned them in sis!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagmar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    But you should be proud of that citizen who turned them in sis!!
    They should NOT have been in our country in the first damned place!!

God Bless our American citizen but that person should NOT have even had to be thinking about such a thing!

CONGRESS! CONGRESS WAKE YOUR ASSES UP!!
    The American people are on to you traitors..... corrupt, greedy, power hungry mini-minus-men & women!!!

You have a fight on your hands and it's with the AMERICAN PEOPLE!
    News Flash! YOU will LOSE

You're a DISGRACE to our Constitution and every drop of blood that has been spilled for the USA since our inception
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/08/fortdi ... index.html

'Islamic radicals' charged with plot to kill Fort Dix soldiers
    POSTED: 1:35 p.m. EDT, May 8, 2007
    Story Highlights
    • Court papers reveal names, details of charges
    • Those arrested are "Islamic radicals," U.S. attorney's office says
    • News conference scheduled for later Tuesday
    • Sources say six men were planning to shoot soldiers at Army base

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The federal government Monday charged six alleged "Islamic radicals" with plotting to kill U.S. soldiers at Fort Dix in New Jersey.

The six were arrested Monday night, the U.S. attorney's office in New Jersey said in a written statement, and are expected to appear in U.S. District Court in Camden, New Jersey, on Tuesday afternoon.

"Their alleged intention was to conduct an armed assault on the army base and to kill as many soldiers as possible," the office said.

The FBI and the U.S. attorney's office scheduled a news conference later on Tuesday to discuss the case.

One of the suspects was born in Jordan, another in Turkey, the attorney's office said. The rest are believed to be from the former Yugoslavia, "either U.S. citizens or living illegally in the United States."

Three of the six are in the U.S. illegally, according to an FBI affidavit filed with the criminal complaints.

According to the affidavit, the case began to take shape in January 2006, when an employee of a store told the FBI someone had brought a "disturbing" video to be duplicated.

The video "depicted 10 young men who appeared to be in their early twenties shooting assault weapons at a firing range in a militia-like style while calling for jihad and shouting in Arabic 'Allah Akbar,'" Arabic for 'God is Great,' the affidavit said.

The FBI and Joint Terrorism Task Force began an investigation immediately, says the affidavit filed by Special Agent John J. Ryan.

Two paid informants successfully infiltrated the group, one in March 2006 and the other in July, Ryan's affidavit says. Both of them "consensually recorded" meetings and conversations, the affidavit says.

One of the informants claimed to have connections with an arms dealer who could sell the alleged conspirators AK-47 automatic machine guns and other weapons, according to the affidavit. Both took part in firearms training with the group, the affidavit says.

One complaint names as the defendant Dritan Duka, and says he conspired with four others -- Mohamad Ibrahim Shnewer, Eljvir Duka, Shain Duka and Serdar Tatar -- "to kill officers and employees ... of the United States Government, namely members of the uniformed services."

The sixth individual, named in an FBI affidavit accompanying that complaint, is Agron Abdullahu. He is charged with aiding and abetting the three Dukas, "who were then aliens illegally and unlawfully in the United States, to possess in and affecting commerce firearms."

The defendants did not immediately release statements or respond to the charges.

The complaint says the group conducted firearms training in Gouldsboro, Pennsylvania, in the Pocono Mountains. It also says Shnewer conducted surveillance at several U.S. military sites: Fort Dix and Fort Monmouth in New Jersey, Dover Air Force Base in Delaware, and the U.S. Coast Guard building in Philadelphia.

It says Tatar acquired a map of Fort Dix and distributed it to others.

According to the FBI affidavit, Tatar had delivered pizzas to Fort Dix while working for his family's restaurant, and Shnewer said Tatar knew the base "like the palm of his hand."

The complaint alleges that Dritan Duka ordered four AK-47 Kalashnikov fully-automatic machine guns as well as M-16 firearms and handguns, and that Shnewer ordered an AK-47 Kalashnikov as well.

The White House said there is no suspected link to any international terrorist group.

White House spokesman Tony Snow said the six "are not being charged with being members of an international terrorism organization. At least at this point there is no evidence they received direction from international foreign terrorist organizations. However their involvement in weapons training, operational surveillance, and discussions about killing American military personnel warranted a strong law enforcement response."

While authorities are glad to have arrested them, the individuals are "hardly hard core terrorists," one law enforcement source said.

[quote:1v4nmaf3]Another source said that while the allegations are "troubling," they are "not the type that made the hair on the back of your neck stand up."

Fort Dix is used to train members of the Army Reserve and National Guard for missions in Iraq, Afghanistan and around the world.

It was used in 1999 to house ethnic Albanian refugees from Kosovo, according to the Defense Department Web site.

CNN's Kevin Bohn and Kelli Arena contributed to this report.[/quote:1v4nmaf3]

Oh Yeah!!! I wonder how the soldiers and their families feel about THAT statement! Yep, NO TERRORISTS IN THIS COUNTRY! sarcasm intended.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

6 Held On Terror Conspiracy Charges In NJ

I must confess that everyone is missing the point these are just poor undocumented workers willing to do jobs Americans will not do. Like killing you, steeling your jobs
    Or just breaking into our country.

oh akhope,

I'm so sorry!!!! Thank you for reminding us of that point...

I must confess that everyone is missing the point these are just poor undocumented workers willing to do jobs Americans will not do.
    That reminded me also....GREAT family values!!!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

I saw an interview with a guy that worked at the pizza joint that one of the Terrorists owns and he said he quit because he doesn't want to have any part in that, his son is in the 82nd Airborne.
    When asked by reporters as to why he quit, Hofflinger said, "Because I won't work for somebody that has any ties or admission to terrorists." He continued, "My son is in the 82nd Airborne. I won't work for a place that supports terrorism so I'm out."
    http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/200 ... conne.html

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast