Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

9th Circuit Rejects Bid to Overturn Ariz Prop 200

Federal Court Dismisses Challenge on Grounds Illegal Aliens Lack Legal Standing

Washington, DC - In a major victory for the voters of Arizona and the integrity of the referendum process, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals today dismissed a lawsuit brought by illegal aliens in Arizona challenging the constitutionality of Proposition 200. The San Francisco-based court ruled that the plaintiffs lacked the “legal standing� necessary to challenge the initiative approved by Arizona voters in November 2004.

Proposition 200 requires the state to verify the immigration status of people applying for benefits and services they are prohibited from receiving under federal law. In addition, the initiative requires all people registering to vote prove that they are U.S. citizens, and present identification when casting their votes.

“We are delighted the Ninth Circuit has rejected this naked attempt to place the interests of illegal immigrants ahead of the democratic will of U.S. citizens in Arizona,� said Dan Stein, president of the Federation for American Immigration Reform. “The question of legal standing has long been a barrier to American citizens seeking redress in the courts when their interests have been harmed by mass illegal immigration. It is reassuring that the Ninth Circuit recognized illegal immigrants, as a class, should not have any more rights than citizens do, as a class. We believe even if the court had granted standing to the illegal aliens challenging Proposition 200, it would have been upheld on constitutional grounds,� Stein added.

FAIR also congratulated Perry Pendley of Mountain States Legal Foundation, who represented the interests of the voters before the Appeals Court. FAIR, along with the Arizona-based Yes on 200 Committee, worked closely with Mountain States Legal Foundation in preparing legal briefs in response to the challenge brought on behalf of the illegal immigrants. Pendley warned, however that the fight is not over. “MALDEF, ACLU and the government of Mexico intend to take this to the Supreme Court, and even to the U.N.�

“In the past, MALDEF and other organizations have gotten a largely free ride in the courts for their illegal alien clients. With cooperative legal efforts like this between FAIR, Mountain States Legal Foundation, and the grassroots citizens groups, citizens are seeing the tide turn in the legal war against lawless mass immigration,� said Mike Hethmon, FAIR staff counsel.

Supporters of Prop. 200 are also defending the interests of Arizona voters in state court. FAIR and Yes on 200 filed suit against the governor and attorney general who, in blatant disregard to the definition of a “public benefit� established under federal law, have limited illegal aliens’ access to only two state-run programs.

“We worked closely with local groups in Arizona because we believe what they have done there can be a model for citizen action all across the country,� said Stein. “The Ninth Circuit’s decision will undoubtedly be a tremendous boost to that effort as Americans use the political process to force government to control illegal immigration and to protect their interests and resources.�
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Pendley warned, however that the fight is not over. “MALDEF, ACLU and the government of Mexico intend to take this to the Supreme Court, and even to the U.N.�
    What happened to state sovereignty?? Do we have it or not??

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

My thoughts exactly Roadrunner!

Those disturbing two letters (U.N.) are the only aspect of this story that keeps me from jumping for joy. Whats up with THAT?

Last time I checked the U.N. has no jurisdiction in the United States. They may as well appeal it to Al Qaeda. The supreme court could overturn this, but given the liberal nature of the ninth circuit, I would think it highly doubtful.
    When we gonna wake up?

What right does Mexico have in meddling with our affairs? They are trying to tell us voters that we have no right to vote how we want. What right does a foreign third world government have in telling our voters that we have no right to decide our future? This is outright tyranny. If the US was doing the same to Mexican voters they would be outraged and rightfully so. I'm so sick of these hypocrits.

SAY NO TO MEXICO

SAY NO TO THE UN

SAY NO TO THE NWO

SAY NO TO JORGE BUSH
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh now, my fellow Citizens, is time to get up and get, really active. When the Mexican government wants to interfere in our government is it Time. I have already sent an e-mail to the Senators and congressman. And ask are you for the Citizens oF the United States or for the Mexican Government, make up your mind, now.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

well I can't quite get beyond the part about illegals bringing a lawsuit against ANYBODY in this country! They shouldn't even frikkin be here

Well, look how dumb I am...I thought that only citizens were entitled to sue in our courts.... When did that get changed??

RR

Oh I called Senator Dewine's Office and ask them who they was for, the American Citizen or the Mexican Government on this. I was shocked that they couldn't even give me an answer. So after that. I told them, that I would be going house to house and telling everyone, that he is for the Mexican Government. I made out 200 copies of that ruling and started putting them on the doors of Neighbors.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

I know folks, this IS insanity. A bogus lawsuit that should have never passed the filing stage...is now headed for the Supreme Court! The U.N.? Well for now anyway, they can kiss the collective American arse if they think they are gonna get say in this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast