Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I've spoken with them on the phone and sent this in.

Chicago Tribune,

Please help us. Our organization has not attracted, nor would we allow anyone near us that promoted "Kill all whites" or "Kill all browns" as the last two paragraphs in this article by the Tribune suggests.

Article Link
    http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2008/06/03/3479631.htm

Please do not print or further circulate this harmful and false information. Either strike that part or clarify the information. When your reporter contacted me, my comment about fringe elements posting "Kill all Whites" and "Kill all browns" were on the globally renowned website YOUTUBE not at ALIPAC. Your article does not make it clear and claims that our 'group' has attracted these people and that is false and defamatory.

Please clarify the language or remove it immediately as it is very misleading as written to our detriment.

William Gheen
    President, Americans for Legal Immigration PAC ALI-PAC
    www.alipac.us
    Post Office Box 30966, Raleigh, NC 27622-0966
    Tel: (919) 787-6009 Toll Free: (866) 703-0864
    FEC ID: C00405878
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This sentence is hard to make sense out of:
    With other aggressive blogs on both sides, the group has attracted extremists who've charged the debate with a rising level of hateful, violent speech.
    Is this saying 'the group' is us? And that we've attracted extremists from aggressive blogs from both sides?

Doesn't make sense to me unless it means an occasional troll or an extremist slips in that gets banned for a rule violation.

This is the internet which brings out some real loo-loos.

The article ends ok.

We have strict rules and a disclaimer.

Wouldn't worry about it.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The article wasn't too bad until the last two sentences -- although it showed the usual bias by referring to those opposed to amnesty for illegal aliens as "anti-immigrant."

I like the correction/clarification sent in, and if they don't edit or fix it, I would post a comment at the end of the article so if anyone finds this article in the future they are clear about what ALIPAC stands for.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I did like this part alot!

The dominance on the Internet of conservative groups like ALI-PAC has moved pro-migrant groups to get more active, prompting conservatives to escalate their efforts.
    &

To all such pro-migrant ambitions, Gheen and other conservatives say: Bring it on.

"We are light years ahead of the competition," said Gheen, a former political consultant who sees his group as part of a "populist movement" of conservative talk show hosts, legislators and others who report what mainstream media doesn't about immigration.
    I did say "Bring It On!"

We've got the moves. We've got the style!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofaqYko87ZM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl539OLU ... re=related

W

"We haven't yet been able to win the hearts and minds of the average American and that has to happen before legislation passes," said Jacquelyn Mahendra, who coordinates a Web campaign for the Illinois Coalition of Immigrant and Refugee Rights.
    Well honey, it could be because your whole agenda is against the super majority of Americans. You're the looser and Americans will not back you up and our politicians know it. All of your dirty tricks and desperate acts aren't gaining you any ground either. Oh, and you will never win my heart with your hand out or in my pocket.

Thanks for the plug W.

One of those 14, that keeps the outrageous off this board.

"You've got (militant Latinos) posting `Kill all whites' and you've got white nationals over there posting `Kill all browns.' It's out of control. It's crazy."
    Since it says "over there", I feel that means not on ALIPAC

Dixie

"I've got 80-year-olds that are ... Internet fighter pilots," boasted William Gheen, president of the North Carolina-based Americans for Legal Immigration Political Action Committee, a conservative group whose Web campaign helped derail immigration reform legislation in Congress last year by prompting thousands of faxes, e-mails and phone calls to legislators.
    What a wonderful analogy......Internet fighter pilots!

ALI-PAC has been a persistent voice on the Web, posting videos and receiving 5 million hits on its Web site in May, according to Gheen.

With other aggressive blogs on both sides, the group has attracted extremists who've charged the debate with a rising level of hateful, violent speech.
    To me, it sounds like 'the group' is in reference to ALIPAC.

Speaking of website hits, I continue to go to the Boycott Absolut site to help with its number of hits.

http://www.boycottabsolut.com/
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Chicago Tribune?

Welcome to our sanctuary world...

Definitely post a comment to clear up some of the mentioned concerns.

And keep bringing heat to the midwest!!!

The writer contacted me tonight and apologized. He changed the text to make it clearer for the article going in tomorrow's paper.

---

ALI-PAC has been a persistent voice on the Web, posting videos and receiving 5 million hits on its Web site in May, Gheen said.

Such aggressive efforts on both sides have attracted extremists who have charged the debate with a rising level of hateful, violent speech.

"You look at these blogs and there's some horrendous stuff going back and forth," Gheen said, emphasizing that his staff of 14 moderates language on the ALI-PAC site. "You've got [militant Latinos] posting 'Kill all whites' and you've got white nationals over there posting 'Kill all browns.' It's out of control. It's crazy."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... ory?page=2

W:
    YES THAT LAST PART DID NEED SOME CLARIFICATION. GLAD YOU HAD IT FIXED BEFORE IT WENT OUT.

From the CitizenOrange commies:

Citizen Orange Mentioned in the Chicago Tribune

Minutes after word broke about a Nickelodeon TV special on children affected by Immigration raids, messages like "What part of illegal don't you understand!?!" and "Deport them all!" bombarded Web sites and blogs.

Then, in an increasingly common reaction, bloggers from "pro-migrant" sites such as Citizen Orange and The Unapologetic Mexican countered by ridiculing the show's critics.

Antonio Olivo - Chicago Tribune (4 June 200
    From then on, the article is all down hill. It makes the pro-migrant sanctuarysphere sound defeated. It makes William Gheen sound like the commander of a million person army, while we struggle with our last dieing breaths. If people like Gheen really are winning, why do anti-migrant politicians keep losing elections? Why is it that my blogroll has so many pro-migrant blogs? Why is it that Citizen Orange comes out near the top of a google search of "attrition through enforcement"? We're starting to take the web back from nativists like Gheen, and this article doesn't do our fight justice.

The Sanctuary has been mentioned before, but if you're coming here via the Chicago Tribune article, please check out this pro-migrant space made up of some of the best voices on the net. The Sanctuary will be a spot free from a lot of the noise an misinformation spread by folks like Gheen at ALIPAC.

http://www.citizenorange(dot)com/orange/2008/06/citizen-orange-mentioned-in-th.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast