Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ALIPAC: Yearning to learn, but rule says no

Yearning to learn, but rule says no

She's a Charlotte high school graduate. She wants to be an engineer. But she's also an illegal immigrant.
    By Franco Ordoñez
    fordonez@charlotteobserver.com
    college
    DANA ROMANOFF – dromanoff@charlotteobserver.com
    Friends Laura and Ed, both 18, are illegal immigrants who attended the same high school until Laura graduated last week. The decision by the state's two-year college system to ban undocumented students has thrown the pair's college plans in doubt. “They're blaming this on kids who just want to have a better future,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[b]“I've been trying to encourage her to go to college,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And how many Americans can't afford a college education?
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

If the reporter is hearing from advocates that there is some trend towards in state tuitiion elsewhere they are deluding themselves.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ALIPAC: Yearning to learn

Immigration law requires all illegal immigrant students to leave the country upon turning 18. If they leave voluntarily, there is no 3-10 year bar to re-entry. They can then apply for a student visa and pay international tuition for college, if accepted.
    If the 18 year old choses to continue unlawful presence in the US, they are subject to the same laws as any other illegal immigrant, including deportation.

There are always choices. Many foreign countries have decent colleges and these kids would be an assest to their home country.

Well......I wanted to take drafting and shop and they didn't let me....just because I was a woman.

Every kid that applies to college doesn't get accepted. Every kid that wants to go doesn't get to go. Deal with it. We all don't get everything we want on demand. You don't even belong in this country and already you EXPECT right from jump street what others worked generations for the chance to do. I'll be darned if American citizens who have worked hard are denied while an illegal gets their seat. They worked hard too and deserve it as well. Their families have worked for generations trying for a shot and you're whining that you expect it after 10 years and you aren't even a citizen, can't pay anyway and expect it?

Here's a novel idea......get legal and maybe you just might have to go later on in your life....or maybe you WORK your OWN way through by going part time like MANY legal citizens have to do. Maybe instead of whining about this be THANKFUL you got the education you got now because it's already better than what you would have gotten in your home country. Sorry if you're dissappointed that they don't hand you it all on a silver platter the second you want it.......tough noogies, blame daddy for not abiding by the law or doing something since then to save you this issue. Not my problem.

YAWN...another boo-hoo from yet another illegal lawbreaker.

Getting old.

"Laura moves to a swing in the park. She says she'll probably use some of her college money to buy a cheap car for work. Maybe she can work through the fall, save, and see if she can afford UNCC."

sure break another law and work
    For such a smart person she is pretty dumb to not catch on to the difference between legal and illegal. Rules and laws and being here ILLEGALLY.

Waaaaaaaaaa! Well, look at what her parents did to her.

My hope and dream is that your sorry dishonest parents will take you home.

She should write her consolate and complain, whine and solicite her country for an education.

Dixie

April
    [quote]“What am I supposed to do?â€

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast