Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

'Anchor Baby' Constitutional Amendment to Face Scrutiny in C

'Anchor Baby' Constitutional Amendment to Face Scrutiny in Congress
    Published December 26, 2010
    Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- The end of the year means a turnover of House control from Democratic to Republican and, with it, Congress' approach to immigration.

In a matter of weeks, Congress will go from trying to help young, illegal immigrants become legal to debating whether children born to parents who are in the country illegally should continue to enjoy automatic U.S. citizenship.

Such a hardened approach -- and the rhetoric certain to accompany it -- should resonate with the GOP faithful who helped swing the House in Republicans' favor. But it also could further hurt the GOP in its endeavor to grab a large enough share of the growing Latino vote to win the White House and the Senate majority in 2012.

Legislation to test interpretations of the 14th Amendment as granting citizenship to the children of illegal immigrants will emerge early next session. That is likely to be followed by attempts to force employers to use a still-developing web system, dubbed E-Verify, to check that all of their employees are in the U.S. legally.

There could be proposed curbs on federal spending in cities that don't do enough to identify people who are in the country illegally and attempts to reduce the numbers of legal immigrants.

Democrats ended the year failing for a second time to win passage of the Dream Act, which would have given hundreds of thousands of young illegal immigrants a chance at legal status. House Republicans will try to fill the immigration reform vacuum left by Democrats with legislation designed to send illegal immigrants packing and deter others from trying to come to the U.S.

Democrats, who will still control the Senate, will be playing defense against harsh immigration enforcement measures, mindful of their need to keep on good footing with Hispanic voters. But a slimmer majority and an eye on 2012 may prevent Senate Democrats
    from bringing to the floor any sweeping immigration bill, or even a limited one that hints at providing legal status to people in the country illegally.

President Barack Obama could be a wild card.

He'll have at his disposal his veto power should a bill denying citizenship to children of illegal immigrants make it to his desk. But Obama also has made cracking down on employers a key part of his administration's immigration enforcement tactics.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/12 ... z19EKtVb8u

Re: 'Anchor Baby' Constitutional Amendment to Face Scrutiny

Quote Originally Posted by elpasoborn
    growing Latino vote
    "Growing illegal latino vote!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Growing the Latino vote at taxpayer expense - food stamps, schooling, housing assistance, welfare, and whatever else is lauded upon them just because there is no way to verify incomes.

The GOPs voter base is US and they will lose millions of US real quickly if they start to favor illegals in which there is no guarantee they will EVER be able to vote. If the GOP is smart, they will not pull some crap like that considering that we are a sure thing.
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

I am getting so sick of hearing "growing Latino vote". The Hispanic Community, the Latino Community. No wonder they are becomming more arrogant and in our face.

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    I am getting so sick of hearing "growing Latino vote". The Hispanic Community, the Latino Community. No wonder they are becomming more arrogant and in our face.
    I so agree with that. They make it sound like they are the most important thing that has ever happened in this country.

The reason the Latino vote is growing is all those little jackpot babies who are citizens will grow up to be Democrats.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't think so you congress better lood again we are the Voice of the American we Put in & we can get you out the Latino have BirthCer tificatie ? I don't care how long they have been In this country show Me Birth paper first they have no right at all In my book wht don't you
    Latino . just go the hell home we don't go over to your country & say we want this & that . No way In hell all you do is kill every one .& RAP . NO MORE . No Amnesty
    No Amnesty
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Hispanic birthrate in the U.S. is outstripping non-Hispanic blacks and whites, fueled by illegal immigration. Allowing these children instant citizenship is akin to amnesty in many ways, via the child as opposed to the invading parent.

AKA A HUGE HUGE GAPING LOOPHOLE.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast